Why did they...

oakland ehs

to each his own i guess.

Keep in mind that you were the ripe, wise age of seven when that logo was added.

I still think the logos I liked when I was seven are cool.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I was watching the NHL network the other day and they had an old Coyotes playoff series on and it had the moon at center ice. I wasn't a fan of it at the time, but seeing it again, I kinda missed it. And I miss the white out too, maybe that'll happen here soon.

SEAsig.png

no. I believe I know what oakland ehs is talking about...

this is a pretty neat look...

Yes, and Oddball was correct. That logo is no longer part of their package.

Sure about that? From tonight's game:

capt.ab98ebf8a50c44899c507c724004a3ad.coyotes_blackhawks_hockey_cxa104.jpg

I'm all for that going back at center ice, it looked killer

I sit, eating Kettle Chips, corrected.

The moon left in the 2003-04 season when the team officially left US Airways Center (then America West Arena), to move to Glendale. Even I did not realize it was 4+ years ago until this thread. I have been to a game at both places and the former was better than the latter. Club seats at USAC are great, and I even caught a "tee shot into the crowd' there and my co-wprker was surprised at how forcefully I went after a $4 shirt. Good times.

The moon left in the 2003-04 season when the team officially left US Airways Center (then America West Arena), to move to Glendale. Even I did not realize it was 4+ years ago until this thread. I have been to a game at both places and the former was better than the latter. Club seats at USAC are great, and I even caught a "tee shot into the crowd' there and my co-wprker was surprised at how forcefully I went after a $4 shirt. Good times.

Like others have said, the "moon" secondary logo is still part of the official package.

to each his own i guess.

Keep in mind that you were the ripe, wise age of seven when that logo was added.

I saw them when I was around seven and I still love the old Anaheim alternate with the duck jumping through the ice becuase I remember thinking how cool they looked. That also goes for the Islander's fisherman jerseys, and Lightining thunder storm jersey.

to each his own i guess.

I saw them when I was around seven and I still love the old Anaheim alternate with the duck jumping through the ice becuase I remember thinking how cool they looked. That also goes for the Islander's fisherman jerseys, and Lightining thunder storm jersey.

I rest my case :)

What was around when you were younger is what you grow up to think looks great, sometimes...

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

i remember years ago watching a stars/coyotes game, and they mentioned that the coyotes had to change their ice logo because it was too big and too dark, and the league said the puck got lost in it.

around that time, the stars stopped putting their giant green star at center ice, and first shrunk it... then decided to shrink it more and put the full logo, with wordmark, at center ice.

Archived