Preview of New Phoenix Suns Uniforms?

amare32

I was at Saturday's PHX / PHI game and caught a glimpse of what I suspect to be a new identity package for the Suns. On sale in the team shop were t-shirts for Shaq and SNash w/ a different font than the team currently uses.

Looky here at the front and back.

If these are in fact images of a forthcoming revamp of the Suns' font and uniforms, I am very, very pleased. My impression of the new numerals is that they look "hot" -- not in a Paris Hilton way, but in a heat rising off the pavement way.

I would love to see PHX dump their current WNBAesque uniforms for a set that incorporates this new font, which is much more consistent w/ their historical look. It appears to me as a hybrid between the Suns' original font and the font they used on the Charles Barkley Era uniforms.

McCoy_Bio_04.gif

connie_hawkins-arton33530-195x262.jpg

barkley03_sm.jpg

If anyone can provide more info on this possible new identity package, please do!

I think their current unis are fine, but I agree that they should change their font from the serif one they have now to something similar the the jersey Connie Hawkins is holding.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

This looks like a great move, the font for sure matches the looks of past. Also, I wonder if they are going to orange primaries, based on those shirts. That, I am not as pleased about.

Most of the fan gear they sell is orange. There's a whole Planet Orange marketing campaign in effect. I wouldn't conclude from the t-shirts that the primary jersey color will be orange. Note also that the t-shirts feature the existing secondary logo, which includes the current font. At the very least, the logo would need to be modified to incorporate the new font. IMO, these t-shirts are prototypes, w/ a complete revamp a possibility.

That lettering and numbering is beautiful all things considered (which includes their history).

They need to drop the grey (keep black though), emphasize the orange (I for one am in favor of that, especially with the Bobcats dropping it down a peg), and start using that font.

They'd just need to modify their logos.

It'd be beautiful. I hope they do it.

Out of all the "hopelessly 90's" NBA uniforms, I thought the Suns clearly had the best. I love the "PHX" alt logo and think they could develop something really nice with those colors and that font.

So based on a simple tshirt with SOMEWHAT different fonts and numbers, it leads you to the conclusion that a complete revamp is on the horizon?

....weak :wacko:

nothing wrong with that, from people I have talked to there is a change in the number font coming other than that it's hear say on the change of the uniform

The Charles Barkley jerseys were the best

I loved that team in NBA Live 95. Dan Majerle could rain 3s all day. 100+ points in 5-minute quarters for him alone.

Well, Dan Majerle is a god among men. (Note: I have a Thunder Dan poster right above my head)

As for the uniforms, I like the potential new look, although I'd prefer purple as the primary color. I wouldn't at all mind Thunder Dan rookie-era throwbacks full-time.

Another important thing to me, I'm hoping they make the PHX ball their primary. In the nba, all of the secondary logos are always miles better than their so-called primaries.

I've been contending for a while now that the NBA would look MUCH better if teams used their secondary logos as primary logos. They're just more aesthetically pleasing, IMO.

That said, if they can find a way to upgrade their orange jerseys, I'd pick one up immediately, because they look promising right now.

Archived