2009 NBA All Star Logo?

dbackdiehard17

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phoenix, again? They had it in 1995 and they don't have a new arena or anything. Chicago hasn't had it since 1988 and we do have a new arena since then.

The logo is pretty bland. Generic All-Star wordmark plus a cactus with some mountains for Arizona... how obvious.

Didn't they wear those asinine All-Star jerseys with the gaudy colors scheme and the huge cactus last time the game was in Phoenix?

Phoenix, again? They had it in 1995 and they don't have a new arena or anything. Chicago hasn't had it since 1988 and we do have a new arena since then.

The logo is pretty bland. Generic All-Star wordmark plus a cactus with some mountains for Arizona... how obvious.

Didn't they wear those asinine All-Star jerseys with the gaudy colors scheme and the huge cactus last time the game was in Phoenix?

Shield your eyes:

g_richmond_g.jpg

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Shield your eyes:

g_richmond_g.jpg

Ahhh, the good ol days B)

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Thank god its not like the last time a pro sports league had an event there.

1e7w3getgpeoqilhfseu.gif

Well, technically the Super Bowl was in Glendale and the ASG will be in Phoenix, but you're right about it being better than the Super Bowl XLII logo.

allstar2008_145_logo.jpg

I think it looks like the logo for the most delicious tortilla chips ever.

EVER.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Hey, Detroit hasn't had it since '79 and The Palace opened in '88 and I don't think we're getting it anytime soon.

As far as the logo goes, it's always good to see recycling in action.

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

Hey, Detroit hasn't had it since '79 and The Palace opened in '88 and I don't think we're getting it anytime soon.

It has yet to be in:

Memphis, Toronto, and the United Center. I don't know if there is anyplace else...

Part of the issue here is that cities have to want to host the game. I'm not sure Detroit and Chicago do (although giving one to Chicago in a couple years might be a nice dress rehearsal for "you know what.")

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Part of the issue here is that cities have to want to host the game. I'm not sure Detroit and Chicago do (although giving one to Chicago in a couple years might be a nice dress rehearsal for "you know what.")

Why wouldn't Detroit (Auburn Hills in this case) want to? Detroit will host the 2009 NCAA basketball Final Four, hosted the Super Bowl in 2006 and had the MLB All-Star Game in 2005.

Why wouldn't Detroit (Auburn Hills in this case) want to? Detroit will host the 2009 NCAA basketball Final Four, hosted the Super Bowl in 2006 and had the MLB All-Star Game in 2005.

The NBA All Star Game, especially in recent years, has gained the perception of being a gathering of "thugs," "ruffians," and "gang bangers." In light of that, many cities may not find it desirous to host the event.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The NBA All Star Game, especially in recent years, has gained the perception of being a gathering of "thugs," "ruffians," and "gang bangers." In light of that, many cities may not find it desirous to host the event.

How do you figure that? That would be like not wanting to host the superbowl cause there is a dog fighter in the league or the fifa cause people head-but people in the head. I am sure that any team would want to host a league all-star game but Detriot for instance has a good team lately and usaully weaker teams want to host it to increase fans.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

That may be true, but Auburn Hills is miles away from Detroit. And regardless of the element it may bring, it does also bring a lot of TV exposure for the area which also brings the money with it. My personal opinion, I just think David Stern hates Detroit.

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

How do you figure that? That would be like not wanting to host the superbowl cause there is a dog fighter in the league or the fifa cause people head-but people in the head. I am sure that any team would want to host a league all-star game but Detriot for instance has a good team lately and usaully weaker teams want to host it to increase fans.

Comcast-Spectacor Chair Ed Snider (the de facto owner of the Sixers) said that they would never want to host an ASG ever again, after dealing with all of the administrative headaches brought on by the NBA, and the lack of support they received. I don't recall them ever mentioning anything about the image of the players or anything like that though. It wouldn't surprise me if other owners feel the same way Ed does, and don't even want the game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived