2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"There are baseball teams in Florida?"

-ESPN

EDIT: The Braves just put up a 9 spot in the 4th inning against the Phils...with Cole Hamels on the rubber.

I think the Braves might be heating up...

Dear Cardinals,

Have you ever heard of spending money/attempting to upgrade your roster in a pennant race?

Signed,

Cardinals fans.

...and Angels fans (I'm not one, but still...it must be said)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

-ESPN

EDIT: The Braves just put up a 9 spot in the 4th inning against the Phils...with Cole Hamels on the rubber.

3rd Inning: Braves 0, Phillies 3

4th Inning: Braves 9, Phillies 3

5th Inning: Braves 9, Phillies 10

WTF

-ESPN

WTF

You see... the Philadelphia kicked a field goal, then Atlanta came back with three field goals, then Philadelphia scored a touchdown....

I saw, I came, I left.

Dear Cardinals,

Have you ever heard of spending money/attempting to upgrade your roster in a pennant race?

Signed,

Cardinals fans.

Dear Cardinals Fans,

Scott Rolen, maybe?

Signed,

Every other Cards team that isn't the 08 team, maybe?

Dead Bucfan,

They traded him to Toronto for Troy Glaus, another 3rd baseman.

Signed,

________

I saw, I came, I left.

Dear Cardinals,

Signed,

Cardinals fans.

Dear Cardinals Fans,

Scott Rolen, maybe?

Signed,

Dead Bucfan,

Signed,

________

Dear DEAD!,

I believe Bucfan was just answering rams80 question of whether or not the Cardinals have ever spent money to help themselves in the pennant race. He more than likely knows Rolen doesn't play on the team anymore.

Signed,

Onlookers

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Not a pretty Sox game. Should take Lester vs. Ponson tomorrow, but losing 2 of 3 at home sure as hell ain't good.

I hope Theo has an answer to the Nady/Marte trade the Yankees made... the Sox have the pieces to move.

IUe6Hvh.png

Dear Cardinals,

Signed,

Cardinals fans.

Dear Cardinals Fans,

Scott Rolen, maybe?

Signed,

Dead Bucfan,

Signed,

________

Dear DEAD!,

I believe Bucfan was just answering rams80 question of whether or not the Cardinals have ever spent money to help themselves in the pennant race. He more than likely knows Rolen doesn't play on the team anymore.

Signed,

Onlookers

Dear Brass,

Have a seat.

Signed,

Planet Earth.

I saw, I came, I left.

-ESPN

WTF

Dear Braves:

I came back for this?

Signed,

Mike Hampton

PS - keep paying me.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

You're absolutely right. Mike Hampton, for him to be pitching in that bandbox of a stadium, actually did a decent job and got some great run support.

BUT ONCE AGAIN, the bullpen comes in and ruins everything. Especially Royce "I get paid to give up runs" Ring.

Dear Cardinals,

Signed,

Cardinals fans.

...and Angels fans (I'm not one, but still...it must be said)

You are correct there. The best I can describe the yearly phenomenon as is the annual case of proverbial blue balls. All these rumors about Moreno wanting a big bat, and Stonemen/Reagins pursuing all these different deals, and... nothing. You'd think they'd figure out by now that small ball doesn't work in smaller parks, which is why the Sawks have been the Angels' daddies in the playoffs.

VmWIn6B.png

Pujols just went deep in the top of the 14th to put The Cards up 10-8 over The Mets. I'll save Mets fans the trouble...

"We're doomed. Season's over. Fire Manuel. Billy Wagner is a wuss. I knew it wouldn't last. :censored: it, may as well kill myself now. My life is over. They break our hearts every time." and so on.

Nice poke #5. Go Cards.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the Phillies won too so it's definitely all but over for The Mets.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Not a pretty Sox game. Should take Lester vs. Ponson tomorrow, but losing 2 of 3 at home sure as hell ain't good.

I hope Theo has an answer to the Nady/Marte trade the Yankees made... the Sox have the pieces to move.

I'm not too concerned with Nady, a career .270 (at best) hitter playing in the Bronx? Does he have the make-up to keep up his hot season with the New York media on his back? I don't know, I doubt it, this isn't Pittsburgh (no offense Buc fans). Marte on the other hand had been mentioned in the same breath as the Red Sox, sad to see that not happen, they really could've used his arm in the bullpen.

The Sox have been rumored to be in talks with the Braves for Texiera, a trade that would see Youk grabbing the next flight to Atlanta. Good god I hope the F.O. wakes up, to actually consider a deal like that is ridiculous. They're also looking at picking up Juan Uribe, another terrible move. He's a hacker and doesn't fit into the construction of that lineup anywhere.

Big news today is that Theo is open to trading Manny this season. Yeah it's the trade deadline, of course talks about Manny are popping up, but this has a little bit of steam to it since Theo & Co. aren't to keen on keeping him around for 2009, trade or no trade.

Pujols just went deep in the top of the 14th to put The Cards up 10-8 over The Mets. I'll save Mets fans the trouble...

"We're doomed. Season's over. Fire Manuel. Billy Wagner is a wuss. I knew it wouldn't last. :censored: it, may as well kill myself now. My life is over. They break our hearts every time." and so on.

Nice poke #5. Go Cards.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the Phillies won too so it's definitely all but over for The Mets.

Mets battled tonight I wish I could have stayed the whole game this loss is different this would have been a miracle win considering the crap we had starting and the Mets battled back from deficits twice, they get the win with Johan on the mound its a successful homestand.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived