2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm.. I would have thought Mr Met lost his throat after the Mets choked last season.

phanatickiller.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

hmmm.. I would have thought Mr Met lost his throat after the Mets choked last season.

phanatickiller.gif

They sell those at Agent Aloha, no?

Speaking of which, I need to go there and buy more old school hip hop shirts.

Speaking of the Phillies' fans, I'm kind of glad that Utley's not going to win the MVP(I'd assume not at least), since they were so positive back in friggin' May he had it won already.

J.D. Drew hits the DL -- Boston turns to Mark Kotsay.

ESPN.com

Hell no. C'mon Atlanta, keep Kots around.

Never mind. I forgot we had Brandon Jones. Boston, please trade us bullpen help.

Considering the state of Boston's bullpen, I'm not sure you'd want whatever help they can or would be willing to offer.

IUe6Hvh.png

WOW!!! What a game.

Gotta love Brett Myers pinch hitting in the 13th and being explicitly told not to take the bat off his shoulder.

May have to pick up one of these for my trip to Shea next weekend.

philliesmets.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Scott Schowenweis grew up a Phillies fan and still pitches like one too, I cant wait to this waste of a uniform is an ex Met with the rest of the blowpen

Mets a disaster again.

It will be hard too recover from this one.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Scott Schowenweis grew up a Phillies fan and still pitches like one too, I cant wait to this waste of a uniform is an ex Met with the rest of the blowpen

Mets a disaster again.

There juuuuust may be enough room to squeeze you on the Phillies bandwagon.

As it stands for my opinion...

AL EAST WINNER: Tampa Bay

AL CENTRAL WINNER: Minnesota

AL WEST WINNER: Anaheim

AL WILD CARD: Boston

NL EAST WINNER: Philadelphia

NL CENTRAL WINNER: Chicago

NL WEST WINNER: Arizona

NL WILD CARD: Milwaukee

The World Series will be Boston v. Cubs (with the Cubs winning in 7. Yes. I said the f***ing Cubs will break the billygoat curse), like it should HAVE BEEN in 2003 until s*it hit the fan with boston in game 6 AND 7 and bartman.

Seriously that would have been an amazing World Series if that happened.

WOW!!! What a game.

Gotta love Brett Myers pinch hitting in the 13th and being explicitly told not to take the bat off his shoulder.

philliesmets.gif

What Myers did in that at bat was ludicrous! Chance to end the game right there, at relatively no risk? I mean, worse comes to worse, Coste still hits that ball and ends it after Myers legitimately strikes out.

LvZYtbZ.png

Mets a disaster again.

What do you care? You gave up on the Mets three months ago.

6uXNWAo.png

Id root for the Braves before I root for the Phillies.

If the Phillies win the division today is the game that did it.

Mets are like on ebay or something they score early and dont bid again and just watch as someone out bids them.

They had a stat on SNY today

Mets have outscored opponents by 125 runs in the first 3 innings

and have been outscored by 50 runs in the last 3 innings

They now have lost 10 games they have led after 8 innings, those are pathetic numbers.

Oh and please I rather see :censored:ing Jose Feliciano pitch for the Mets before I see Pedro Feliciano again.

BTW its true about Schowenweiss that he grew up a Phillies fan he is from Freehold, NJ.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

WOW!!! What a game.

What Myers did in that at bat was ludicrous! Chance to end the game right there, at relatively no risk? I mean, worse comes to worse, Coste still hits that ball and ends it after Myers legitimately strikes out.

Seriously? Sure there was a chance to end the game, but it was more likely that he'd hit into a double play. If he hits into that double play, then the Mets outfield is playing at normal depth and Beltran easily catches Coste's ball, and they're still out there playing (probably with a starter being called in to pitch.) They did the only sensible thing there... and nearly got a game-ending walk out of it.

Mets a disaster again.

Haven't you been saying the same exact thing since ...well... since April? There's a lot of season left. No need to panic any more than you have been all season. I do have to ask one question though. Is there anything you people like about your team?

BB52Big.jpg

Archived