2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

With 85 wins already, the Cubs are beginning to run away with the best record in the majors -- However, finishing ahead of all 29 teams means jack squat IF (I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here) Chicago makes the World Series since our wonderful commissioner, Mr. Selig, insists that the All-Star Game needs to mean something.

Jackass. <_<

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With 85 wins already, the Cubs are beginning to run away with the best record in the majors -- However, finishing ahead of all 29 teams means jack squat IF (I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here) Chicago White Sox makes the World Series since our wonderful commissioner, Mr. Selig, insists that the All-Star Game needs to mean something.

Jackass. <_<

:P

I saw, I came, I left.

With 85 wins already, the Cubs are beginning to run away with the best record in the majors -- However, finishing ahead of all 29 teams means jack squat IF (I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here) Chicago makes the World Series since our wonderful commissioner, Mr. Selig, insists that the All-Star Game needs to mean something.

Jackass. <_<

How do you suppose we award home field advantage?

a. Alternate back and forth like they used to?

b. Give it to the team with the better record of two teams that play a completely different set of teams?

c. Have a game where the best players from each league face off against each other and award it to the league that wins?

I'm sure you'll say "b", but I'm all for "c" and I love that the ASG actually results in something now -- makes it that much more interesting... if the Cubs fans wanted home field advantage in the World Series they should have voted for the best players in the league instead of trying to get as many Cubs in the starting lineup as possible :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Can we move down Aaron Heilman to New Orleans for the week where he can help out in the Gustav preparation/recovery and spend time doing that instead of pitching for us? I don't wanna sound like Tank with the woe is me stuff, but a walk-off walk's inexcusable

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Can we move down Aaron Heilman to New Orleans for the week where he can help out in the Gustav preparation/recovery and spend time doing that instead of pitching for us? I don't wanna sound like Tank with the woe is me stuff, but a walk-off walk's inexcusable

You mean Heilman would then actually become a reliever?

I saw, I came, I left.

I vote we put Aaron Heilman on Levy duty he must stand there and plug any holes. While using a big giant antenna to communicate.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I vote we put Aaron Heilman on Levy duty he must stand there and plug any holes. While using a big giant antenna to communicate.

Well Heilman not only would fail miserably at plugging the holes, but he'd actually cause the levee to break...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

if the Cubs fans wanted home field advantage in the World Series they should have voted for the best players in the league instead of trying to get as many Cubs in the starting lineup as possible :P

But the reserves, chosen by the players and manager, are what pushed the Cubs into having the most representation. The National League sent a pretty great team out there. I don't think any amazing players were kept off the team because Cubs got votes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

With 85 wins already, the Cubs are beginning to run away with the best record in the majors -- However, finishing ahead of all 29 teams means jack squat IF (I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here) Chicago can't make it out of the first round.

Jackass. <_<

There. Fixed it. Chickens and Egg Counting and stuff.

i cant believe im saying this, but 6 straight for the Nats??? i know the Dodgers and the Braves are struggling, but damn at this pace the Nats could make it out of the basement! woohoo! it really is the little things sometimes.

edit: hey its my 700th post too! tis a great day.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

First off, let me just say thank goodness the Mets miss Sabathia this week...

Now:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=280831123

The Brewers said in an e-mail to ESPN.com's Buster Olney they would appeal the official scorer's ruling of LaRoche's hit.

"We are putting together a DVD with all the replays we have and sending it to MLB tomorrow," said Mike Vassallo, the Brewers' media relations director. "We had to send a call in earlier this season and got it reversed. So hopefully we can go 2-for-2."

Fast Facts

? CC Sabathia threw the first one-hit shutout for the Brewers since Teddy Higuera in 1987.

? The Brewers are disputing the ruling of the hit with MLB -- if the ruling is overturned, it would be the first Brewers' no-hitter since Juan Nieves on April 15, 1987.

? Milwaukee has won eight of nine overall and nine straight against the Pirates.

-- ESPN research

-----------------------------------------

Wouldn't that be something else?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

The Brewers said in an e-mail to ESPN.com's Buster Olney they would appeal the official scorer's ruling of LaRoche's hit.

"We are putting together a DVD with all the replays we have and sending it to MLB tomorrow," said Mike Vassallo, the Brewers' media relations director. "We had to send a call in earlier this season and got it reversed. So hopefully we can go 2-for-2."

Fast Facts

• CC Sabathia threw the first one-hit shutout for the Brewers since Teddy Higuera in 1987.

• The Brewers are disputing the ruling of the hit with MLB -- if the ruling is overturned, it would be the first Brewers' no-hitter since Juan Nieves on April 15, 1987.

• Milwaukee has won eight of nine overall and nine straight against the Pirates.

-- ESPN research

-----------------------------------------

Wouldn't that be something else?

Too bad Sabathia didn't pitch this game while he was still in Cleveland. The Indians official scorer may be the worst homer I've ever seen. Hit a 32 hopper between the legs of an Indians infielder? It's a hit. Drop a pop-up by an Indians batter 10 feet behind second base? It's a hit. Drill one into the left field wall during an Indians no-hitter that grazed the outfielder's glove as it embedded itself in the scoreboard? Error all the way. In other words, he rarely, if ever, scores a tough play to go against The Indians.

BB52Big.jpg

CC Sabathia is a beast, and every game the Yankees lose brings him closer to the Bronx.

I iwll be stunned if hes not in pinstripes next year.

and speaking of the Yankees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZ5Xbt8-00...feature=related

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Sabathia seems to be the only guy on the Brewers who didn't have a problem with the ruling of a hit.

Thats good for CC he wuld coem off looking bad if he did, his team doing it for him makes him look better

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

CC Sabathia is a beast, and every game the Yankees lose brings him closer to the Bronx.

I iwll be stunned if hes not in pinstripes next year.

and speaking of the Yankees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZ5Xbt8-00...feature=related

I doubt it, he's already stated he'd be interested in playing closer to California(via radio interviews i've heard i.e Jim Rome, local morning hacks). I'd say LA Angels have a better shot of landing him, than the Yankees

Archived