First WrestleMania XXV Logo

During last night's WrestleMania, WWE revealed that WrestleMania 25 will eminate from Reliant Stadium in Houston, Texas. They also unveiled the preliminary WMXXV logo.

WrestleMania_25_logo.jpg

Keep in mind that this is an early placeholder. However, I really hope they keep the sherrif's star.

I like the logo although I was shocked that the WWE chose Houston over NY, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, & Phoenix.

MONICA SANTA MARIA (DEC 6 1972- MAR 15 1994)

KRISSY TAYLOR (MAY 15 1978- JUL 3 1995)

YOU WILL BE MISS.

They're saving MSG for X, XX, etc.... and Phoenix is in line for next year. Los Angeles was just four years ago.... haven't heard anything about Vegas, I believe it was Toronto or Houston in the running.

I only heard about VEGAS from WRESTLINGINC.COM and I thought that NEW YORK would make sense since it was the Silver anniversary.

YOU WILL BE MISS.

Phoenix is probably gonna get it in 2010 at University of Phoenix Stadium

It was long overdue. I remember that SUMMERSLAM 2003 was to be held @ the BOB but the WWE goofed since the Diamondbacks was playing on the same day so they held it @ the AMERICAN WEST ARENA instead.

YOU WILL BE MISS.

WrestleMania_25_logo.jpg

I like the logo although I was shocked that the WWE chose Houston over NY, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, & Phoenix.

You say that as if Houston isn't Big Time.

Any city that hosts the Super Bowl AND MLB All-Star Game in the same year can easily host Wrestlemania (for the second time... B) )

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

WrestleMania_25_logo.jpg

You say that as if Houston isn't Big Time.

Any city that hosts the Super Bowl AND MLB All-Star Game in the same year can easily host Wrestlemania (for the second time... B) )

What I have been hearing... XXV- Reliant Stadium, XXVI- University of Phoenix Stadium, XXVII- The Superdome

btw on the topic.....the logo subject to change when the sale of tickets begin later in the year

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Cool logo, but that shouldn't be a surprise, considering WWE's graphical prowess.

Off topic, April 5 is kind of late for Wrestlemania, huh?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

During last night's WrestleMania, WWE revealed that WrestleMania 25 will eminate from Reliant Stadium in Houston, Texas. They also unveiled the preliminary WMXXV logo.

WrestleMania_25_logo.jpg

Keep in mind that this is an early placeholder. However, I really hope they keep the sherrif's star.

They won't have one in Las Vegas(this years was originally planned for LV) because Vince McMahon wants a live gate on par with Boxing and UFC for his premier event and he can only get it drawing over 65,000 people in a stadium. The WWE can't charge anywhere near the ticket prices that Boxing and UFC do at the Thomas and Mack Center, and the Silver Bowl is to small and out of the way.

One of the main reasons for having it in Houston next year is because Steve Austin(who is from the area) will most likely have a match and be inducted into their Hall of Fame.

One of the main reasons for having it in Houston next year is because Steve Austin(who is from the area) will most likely have a match and be inducted into their Hall of Fame.

I'm pretty sure WWE is going to give Wrestlemania to whoever makes the biggest pitch, like Orlando did this year. They really want to establish that procedure. And while Austin wrestling and entering the Hall in his home state would be a great moment (and a great draw), picking the venue based on that doesn't seem wise, considering how fast plans can change with a guy like Austin.

Still, that's intriguing stuff. I have to think that a lot of these guys like Austin, Hogan and maybe even the Rock took notice of the send-off Flair received, and are wishing that they could get a similar deal.

I'm pretty sure WWE is going to give Wrestlemania to whoever makes the biggest pitch, like Orlando did this year. They really want to establish that procedure. And while Austin wrestling and entering the Hall in his home state would be a great moment (and a great draw), picking the venue based on that doesn't seem wise, considering how fast plans can change with a guy like Austin.

Still, that's intriguing stuff. I have to think that a lot of these guys like Austin, Hogan and maybe even the Rock took notice of the send-off Flair received, and are wishing that they could get a similar deal.

I've read were people have theorized the idea of Mr. Kennedy 'retiring' Austin at WM XV. i think the biggest reasons was that Kennedy idolized and built his character on Austin. Austin hasn't done anything in 5 years anyway why make him relevant again same with Rock and certainly Hogan. We got enough of Hulkamania no need to bring it back again. Rock has a nice career as an actor, no need to go back.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Of course, there is already talk that Orlando will get WrestleMania again as early as 2010. Hillbilly Jim reportedly spilled the beans during a pre-WM rally. I'm not surprised, considering how well the city of Orlando has welcomed WWE's presence...though the Citrus Bowl is still going to be a less-than-ideal location for the event.

Meanwhile, Orlando officials have only gone on record about wanting WM28 in 2012.

It appears WWE will only go back to MSG once per decade for WrestleMania.

WM25.jpg

oakqb4.jpg

Has there been a Canadian WM since VI? Are there any Canadian facilities besides Skydome that are big enough / nice enough to hold the event?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wrestlemania 18 was in the Skydome.

And no, there aren't really any other Canadian facilities that could host it. I suppose BC Place or Olympic Stadium in Montreal could theoretically do it, but they are both older facilities and probably not up to WWE standards.

Archived