2008 MLB ALL-STAR BP JERSEY'S

Nesi427

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
San Francisco definitely pulled off the "City/Stadium Trademark" much better last season.

Agreed. San Francisco pulled off the AL-NL/Golden Gate logos verrrry well, but the BPs as a whole were totally killed by slapping Cubs-style numbers on the back of em. Why they were chosen over SF's Will Clark-era digits, I will never know.

You bring up an interesting point with that. When the All-Star game was in Pittsburgh I bought a David Wright all-star player T almost entirely because it was an opportunity to have a shirt of a Mets player with Pittsburgh's unique number font. I was very surprised last year that they used that style number.

mets.png

Wow. Those are pretty bad, IMO.

Just like last year, no cap logo.

I think it's pretty bad when you have to put the jersey script on the cap.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I agree, I'd like to see them come up with some kind of monogram cap logo for the AL and NL for the ASG BP caps, putting the script on there is repetitive and forced.

I agree, I'd like to see them come up with some kind of monogram cap logo for the AL and NL for the ASG BP caps, putting the script on there is repetitive and forced.
You know, they could always recycle the old umpire caps.

LvZYtbZ.png

I was thinking the exact same thing. The All-Star BP hats have alot of potential, but they get lazy and just slap the same script on them instead of creating an "AL" and "NL" logo that's simple and plain. I guarantee they would sell a lot more of them (for more than just five bucks) if they went with some sort of monogram style like LEWJ mentioned.

6uXNWAo.png

• 3 weeks later...

Intersting to note that during the Home Run Derby, all the of American League batters wore their all star hats, but the NL sluggers wore their team's hats.

I did see tho one spn befpre the hr derdy some practing and yea, gray hat with gray jersey and gray pants looks bad.

Also, I saw a rockies catcher during HR Derby, nothing like pinstriped road pants with a plain gray jersey!

I was thinking the same thing you guys were about the BP hats. So I did something that they could possibly put on a hat, just the AL or NL with the facade. Yes its done in paint and its a little sloppy but I did take a good amount of time trying to make it look clean. And I think they get the idea across.

ASGlogos.png

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I was thinking the same thing you guys were about the BP hats. So I did something that they could possibly put on a hat, just the AL or NL with the facade. Yes its done in paint and its a little sloppy but I did take a good amount of time trying to make it look clean. And I think they get the idea across.

ASGlogos.png

I think on those the fence is too disconnected from the letters and ends too weirdly. However, I can see where you're going and I think it could potentially work.

During the pre-game intros, I noticed the Braves players are wearing the hats with the navy bill, which is also the ASG hat they have on sale on their website.

Does this mean it's their official road cap now, because I thought it was just an alternate?

pMLB2-4937149dt.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

didn't know if anyone noticed Ryan Ludwick with a Red batting helmet and the Red STL logo that goes on the road helmet and Aramas Ramirez with his regular blue home helmet. Ludwicks looks very strange

didn't know if anyone noticed Ryan Ludwick with a Red batting helmet and the Red STL logo that goes on the road helmet and Aramas Ramirez with his regular blue home helmet. Ludwicks looks very strange

Yeah, I noticed that and it looked like Ludwick's helmet may have had the road decal on it because the StL logo looked like it was red.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Yeah, I noticed that and it looked like Ludwick's helmet may have had the road decal on it because the StL logo looked like it was red.

It's been quite a while since STL wore red hats on the road. Early-mid 90s I believe.

I will say Ludwich did look a lot like a Los Angeles Angel of Anaheim during his at-bat.

6uXNWAo.png

It's been quite a while since STL wore red hats on the road. Early-mid 90s I believe.

I will say Ludwich did look a lot like a Los Angeles Angel of Anaheim during his at-bat.

Lukas probably has another case of ASG uni/equipment mix-up on his hands. I'd bet dollars to donuts that Ludwick forgot his helmet and Rawlings gave him a blank red one to wear. The decal is the road helmet decal. You can pick up the official MLB helmet decals at higher-end specialty sporting goods stores, which is probably what they did in NY yesterday.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived