Found on ESPN.com's Front Page

buzzcut

"In August, a Red Sox T-shirt was poured in a slab in the visitor's clubhouse. It's the curse of the Yankees," one worker told the Post. "Nobody knows about it. It's in the floors, it's buried."

Hey reporter guy, can you keep a secret? <_<

And Milo, I thought of that too. Why not put it under the home clubhouse?

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

"In August, a Red Sox T-shirt was poured in a slab in the visitor's clubhouse. It's the curse of the Yankees," one worker told the Post. "Nobody knows about it. It's in the floors, it's buried."

Way to think fast Red Sox fan. Too bad the chemicals used to make modern concrete will have the t-shirt eaten into nothingness by the middle of this summer.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

This story is about as dumb as the masters being the lead story on ESPN.com for the past 3 days.

Or the Women's NCAA basketball tourney the 5 days before that.....

Or the NHL Playoffs all this week. Wait, they were hardly mentioned.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

To be fair, it's currently on the front page of si.com, cbssports.com, nbcsports.com and foxsports.com. Then again, why is this even a front page story on the New York Post... oh yeah, because it is the New York Post....

I saw, I came, I left.

UPDATED....ESPN's newest column

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3344825

This story was useless....Now it has morphed into useless AND stupid.....

This is why Red Sox fans and that matter ESPN sucks now

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

[homestar runner] whudda gwate stowwy[/homestar runner]

really, thats stupid.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

So, who's worse? The worker burying the jersey, or the fact that they wasted more than five hours plus the cost of additional concrete to unearth the thing? And, unless a jersey could have compromised the structural integrity of the concrete, do the Yankees honestly think they can sue a worker for the cost to prevent a curse?

VmWIn6B.png

So, who's worse? The worker burying the jersey, or the fact that they wasted more than five hours plus the cost of additional concrete to unearth the thing? And, unless a jersey could have compromised the structural integrity of the concrete, do the Yankees honestly think they can sue a worker for the cost to prevent a curse?

Or...how about Steinbrenner's comments encouraging violence against the worker? Nothing like promoting a felony..you know?

UPDATED....ESPN's newest column

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3344825

This story was useless....Now it has morphed into useless AND stupid.....

What was the guy thinking when he told it to a reporter?

This really isn't that big a deal and isn't worthy of so much attention. Guess the Yankees are afraid of a "Curse of the T-Shirt" 86 years from now. And as always, Hank Steinbrenner handles it in a mature way. :P

Or...how about Steinbrenner's comments encouraging violence against the worker? Nothing like promoting a felony..you know?

This guys knows about felonies... he's already been convicted in the past of running numbers for the Gambino crime family. Sounds like a real upstanding gentleman...

"And on the count of third degree jinxing, what verdict does the Jury find?"

IUe6Hvh.png

"And on the count of third degree jinxing, what verdict does the Jury find?"

Guilty.

The defendant is sentenced to an hour of being slapped upside the head with a rolled up Sunday edition of the New York Post for wasting all of our time.

I will say that curses can be entertaining to learn about. For example, there is a reason Colonel Sanders is an object of menace in Japanese pop culture.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived