New Orleans Hornets

Conrad.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap that new update is friggin outstanding.

The striping added to the bottom of the shorts really does balance it out.

Also, I lov love love the alternate jersey.

Better than I imagined it.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Firtst one (white): Beautiful. I can't think of anything that you'd have to change to make it better.

Second one (light blue): Another beautiful one. Try making the light blue stripes on the neckline and the bottom of shorts white.

Third one (dark blue): Again, try making the dark blue stripes on the neckline and bottom of the shorts white. I think that way it gives the "three colors at the bottom" feeling like in the first one. Also, I'd take the "swirls" away (from the NOLA, I mean).

Actually, you shouldn't make white one of the colors. Kinda look at the way it is now, and do it similar to that:

On the Light Blue/Teal: Either yellow/purple/yellow or purple/yellow/purple

On the Dark Blue/Purple: Either yellow/teal/yellow or teal/yellow/teal

The white with the other two colors would like off.

okay, so this is the final template, accompanied by the away and alt jersey:

nohnewhome5rx6.png

nohnewawaysv4.png

nohnewserdey3.png

i added the bottom shorts striping back to tie more in with the top and the collar.

what i need to know is how the color choices are working for the away and alt jerseys, i feel like something could be wrong, but maybe not. i also have a different wordmark for the alt that doesnt have the bottom "swirls". Should i use that instead of cluttering the front of the jersey with more ironwork?

Don't change a thing. Those are gorgeous. We can only hope that you get a job somewhere designing sports uniforms. These are so good they almost brought a tear to my eye. Seriously.

Sigs are for sissies.

thanks alot for all the great compliments guys, i didnt think this would get this kind of popularity, but I'm just glad i could make something of quality. chuckymack, i hope ur right about that designing uniforms thing, that'd be quite the honor.

So, now that I have locked in the jerseys for the new-look Hornets, i'd like to make an attempt at a primary, secondary, and tertiary logo set. Here's my first try at the primary:

nohnewlogort1.png

I obviously took some cues from the AS08 logo to implement here, and brought in the ironwork to tie it better with the jersey set. Im not sure which of these color combos works best, or maybe some other color combo works better...i'll be here waiting for some guidance with this. Any and All suggestions are much appreciated. It also might be a while before I can come up with a 2nd version, as my f-ing Illustrator has decided to not work for me... <_<

thanks alot for all the great compliments guys, i didnt think this would get this kind of popularity, but I'm just glad i could make something of quality. chuckymack, i hope ur right about that designing uniforms thing, that'd be quite the honor.

So, now that I have locked in the jerseys for the new-look Hornets, i'd like to make an attempt at a primary, secondary, and tertiary logo set. Here's my first try at the primary:

nohnewlogort1.png

I obviously took some cues from the AS08 logo to implement here, and brought in the ironwork to tie it better with the jersey set. Im not sure which of these color combos works best, or maybe some other color combo works better...i'll be here waiting for some guidance with this. Any and All suggestions are much appreciated. It also might be a while before I can come up with a 2nd version, as my f-ing Illustrator has decided to not work for me... <_<

I think that these would make good alternate logos. Keep the fleur de bee on it's own as a primary. None the less, those circle logos are pretty good

thecatch.jpg

okay, so this is the final template, accompanied by the away and alt jersey:

nohnewhome5rx6.png

nohnewawaysv4.png

nohnewserdey3.png

i added the bottom shorts striping back to tie more in with the top and the collar.

what i need to know is how the color choices are working for the away and alt jerseys, i feel like something could be wrong, but maybe not. i also have a different wordmark for the alt that doesnt have the bottom "swirls". Should i use that instead of cluttering the front of the jersey with more ironwork?

Don't change a thing. Those are gorgeous. We can only hope that you get a job somewhere designing sports uniforms. These are so good they almost brought a tear to my eye. Seriously.

Dude, u freakin nailed it!, I luv these jersey, Can I pretty pretty please see a gold one lol

I'll echo everyone one else saying that this set is unbelievable. It looks dead on. On to your primary, I agree with many other posters that the FDB is good enough to be a primary by its self. Being said, the logo that you made would look great on center court. It screams of being a "showmanship" kinda deal.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

nohnewlogort1.png

Love the uni sets and love the logos. I would agree to keep the FDB as the primary and have one of these as the wordmark logo or center court logo. I think I like the dark blue background better. Maybe try adding a bit more gold into the logo like the all star logo. Maybe the gold border around the FDB and in the ironwork like on the alt jersey or just solid gold. This may set the FDB off a bit more. I also still like the honeycomb H logo though as a secondary as well. It looks like you have something like that on the collar of the jersey but it is hard to make out. I love the NOLA on the alt but the striping is a little different on the shorts then on the collar. I wouldn't mind a gold alt uni as well. Anyways, nice work!

This concept actually seems to fit the city's identity. They still remind me too much of the Charlotte Hornets, even with the font change and addition of yellow (I don't know why, maybe it's the presence of Hugo on their logo). This breakaway would help that a lot. Also, put me in the camp that loves the yellow alts and would appreciate seeing one in this set.

thanks for all the feedback on the primary and continual support of the jerseys. I think you are all right in saying the primary seems a bit busy...i think i'll just use the FDB and the arched wordmarks above and below it. Now that u mention the center court logo, maybe i'll make a court design as well and dial down that primary i first came up with.

I still am having problems with my Illustrator (f'in trojan on the comp) so i'll get to making changes and updates to this as soon as i can...thanks again guys.

These are f***ing stellar! I love the NOLA wordmark on the alt. I, like others would like to see a yellow alt. As with the logo, I understand you want a full logo more than just the FDB. I would make the ironwork gold to match the jerseys. And try to lighten it up with more white or gold, like in the background. Right now, they seem too dark. Also, I think you should use the H honeycomb, instead of the crawdad one. They aren't the New Orleans Crawdads, know what I mean?

Archived