A's and Rangers Throwbacks

RickV

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oakland's set is actually from 1968, their first year in Oakland. Finlay wanted to emphasize the new city after the move from Kansas City, so that's why the city name (and not the nickname) is on the home jerseys.

Not 100% sure if their yellow batting helmets are accurate, though.

sig1.gif

They look great, but isn't it a bit odd for the Rangers to be wearing the current Nationals logo on their helmets? Maybe they shouldn't have gone that far back?

They only went back to the early 70's

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Oakland's set is actually from 1968, their first year in Oakland. Finlay wanted to emphasize the new city after the move from Kansas City, so that's why the city name (and not the nickname) is on the home jerseys.

Not 100% sure if their yellow batting helmets are accurate, though.

I was watching some of the game on MLB Extra Innings. According to Ray Fosse the yellow helmets are legit. They gave kudos to the equipment manager for getting the uniforms exactly right.

BB52Big.jpg

hahaha.

Now it's funny that the A's are too cheap/ignorant/oblivious to make helmets to match their black alts which they wear all season, and yet they have perfect hat/helmet combinations for a one off throwback jersey, including the coaches wearing white hats while the players wear green. The A's will also be wearing another style or two down the road as part of their 40 years in Oakland celebration.

from the other thread, figured id post here too

Attn: Texas Rangers

This is the Washington Nationals, we are calling in regards of the use of the Nationals logo in your throwback uniform. Please cease and desist using the Washington Nationals logo. If you could so kindly please return the logo back to Washington D.C. and nobody will get hurt.

Sincerely,

The Washington Nationals

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

This is the Washington Nationals, we are calling in regards of the use of the Nationals logo in your throwback uniform. Please cease and desist using the Washington Nationals logo. If you could so kindly please return the logo back to Washington D.C. and nobody will get hurt.

Sincerely,

The Washington Nationals

Dear Nationals:

We had it first. Neener Neener Boo Boo.

Love, the Rangers.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Sincerely,

The Washington Nationals

Dear Nationals:

We had it first. Neener Neener Boo Boo.

Love, the Rangers.

Dear Texas Rangers,

We have the original Washington Senators. The one that won a World Series. Ha! Ha!

Sincerely,

The Minnesota Twins.

I saw, I came, I left.

Aside from Oaklands vests being cut a little too broad at the shoulders (a point I have previously harped on), this this was a fantastic throwback effort, especially regarding the length of the pants. Now, I know there will always be folks who will prefer the full lenth pants most common these days, and they have a perfect right to that opinion. However, I will just rest my case on the look above.

LT

Man these throwbacks were executed to near perfection. Both teams wearing stirrups with accurate batting helmets. I wish more teams would go to this detail instead of doing half-a$$ed throwbacks.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Aside from Oaklands vests being cut a little too broad at the shoulders (a point I have previously harped on), this this was a fantastic throwback effort, especially regarding the length of the pants. Now, I know there will always be folks who will prefer the full lenth pants most common these days, and they have a perfect right to that opinion. However, I will just rest my case on the look above.

LT

I will agree that high socks (and/or stirrups in some situations) look very cool, as a competitive player, and especially as a guy with big legs, the ankle length pants are much much much more comfortable. I'm not saying Barry Bonds/certain others velcro around the shoe style, but just resting on the shoe as if they were regular pants style is very comfortable, so if thats what makes him play his best, all the power to him.

neat, but i just dont like how the current Nats logo is on the ranger's helmets its confusing!!

The Rangers throwback is from 1969 I believe, and it's interesting how the Nats went back in time to choose that for their logo.

sig1.gif

Archived