As if the Sox-Yanks Rivalry Couldn't Get Any More Ridiculous...

TFoA

This comes as no surprise for me... Remember some time ago that a Giants fan stabbed a Dodgers fan at the ballpark?

This is similar except the hatred on each side is much larger and with ESPN's constant lusting over the Yanks and Sox, it's much more maginified.

To me, the surprising thing isn't that it happened but that it hasn't happened more often. And that folks, is precisely why I don't take sports at all seriously. I've seen fist fights break out over The Browns and Steelers, Red Sox and Indians, and of course, The Buckeyes and Wolverines. If you take the :censored: that seriously you really need to re-examine your life. I agree with Seadragon on the idea that the way ESPN covers sports as if it's life or death contributes to this nonsense.

BB52Big.jpg

Dang. See this is why I like the Cards/Cubs rivalry, it's pretty civil and friendly.

How is it a rivalry when one half of it hasn't won squat in a century? :P

(Pipe down Yankee fans, this is a shot at the Cubs.)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

It's all ESPN's fault. The victim's family should sue.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

As bad as the story is, reading the user-posted comments below it somehow managed to make it worse.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

sadly none of this comes as a shock to me. i had to grow up in a household of yankees first then everything else. i had a relationship back in school destroyed because of this stupid rivalry. parents went out of their way to destroy the relationship because she was a red sox fan. i personally didn't care what team she liked. Everytime i brought her over she would get heckled, harassed and quite frankly i was embarrased to even have her around my famly. i am actually of the opinion there would have been more acceptance towards a woman that was a junkie, stripper at our local strip joint more than a good honest to god girl whose only mistake is the team she liked. Needless to say i was punished constantly because of the relationship. i'm not even going in to the messed up :censored: i had to deal with because of it.

so yeah i know the stupidity of this rivalry all to well.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I thought these things only happen between soccer fans. Anyone remember that player who got shot for a own-goal?

Andreas Escobar i think, but that was more to do with gambling, and how much was lost over the own goal.

Being brought up in Northern Ireland, I witnessed the :censored: that comes from one of the most hate-filled rivalries on the planet, Rangers and Celtic. Worse than any of the ones listed above because of the history of sectarianism, and because neither of the teams are actually from Northern Ireland. There isn't a more loaded question over there than "Who do you support?" especially when it has absolutely nothing to do with football.

The lady should have done the right thing....remove the Yankees Bumper sticker, being that she is in Red Sox Nation.

I don't think you're joking here, but I wish you were.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived