New Yellowbook/Yellowpages logo

Squeaks4

Yellow book has unveiled their new logo to go along with their new ad-campaign and tweaked online searching.

yellowbook_logo.gif

Thoughts? Yay or Nay?

Booooooooooo.

*Chants*YOU-CAN'T-DO-THAT!*Chants*!

bad idea, at least keep the book there.

That looks terrible. The font change works, but it looks like they took the walking fingers and screwed them up with the warp tool in photoshop. Crappy. Thumbs down.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

yeah, it looks like alien legs now. the good thing about their old logo is that it reminded people of sorting throught the book with your two fingers trying to find the right page (thus the book underneath it).

the new one just looks bad.

Picture21.png

Blast! I was just going to start this thread after work today because I keep seeing the new logo all over TNT's NBA Playoff games. It's safe to say this is one of my least favorite updates ever. The type change is very welcome and was needed, but the rest looks rushed. It just seems that nobody sat back and looked at it. My first problem, no yellow. I know the book is the part that NEEDS to be yellow, but the logo could really use some. The fingers look like the Grinch's...

Mientkiewicz%20-%20Grinch.jpg

...on top of all that, they had a very good, recognizable logo to begin with. That just makes all of this magnified. They should have just changed the type, and MAYBE gotten rid of the lines through the hand in the old one. Thats it. Hopefully they change back, say......today.

Apparantly the original logo isn't even trademarked/copyrighted so its free for anyone to use.

I think your right. My brother has a tek-deck shirt with a big logo on the back, except the book is a skateboard and it says tek-deck on it.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Apparantly the original logo isn't even trademarked/copyrighted so its free for anyone to use.

what about the "TM" above the "k". I honestly don't know how that works, so if that doesn't apply for some reason I'd like to know what it means.

There's no yellow in the new logo AND there's no book! Yet they're called Yellow Book! Hmmmm....

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

what about the "TM" above the "k". I honestly don't know how that works, so if that doesn't apply for some reason I'd like to know what it means.

The TM is for the name 'yellowbook'. The old logo was designed for Bell/AT&T a few decades ago, and they did not trademark it, thus allowing all yellow pages companies to use it for their books if they so chose. I love the simple 'street sign' iconography and clean, Swiss style of the old mark and it's colors.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

A pretty generic font and a logo that looks like it has something to do with an ocean company. Just doesn't work for me.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived