Clippers Identity

bohob

Hey there. I had this started a while back, and thought I would bring it out so people can see a new Clippers post. Anyways, I derived the logo as a modernization of the throwback, and put light blue in the mix. The colors looked great on the Oilers, and I figured the Clips should keep the red because they are the only team in their division with it. So yeah, here's the logo set.

clippers_ID.jpg

this would look amazing! it reminds me of the old anahime angles logos! i like it.

anahime angles?

I did a Google search for "anahime," and came up with an anorexic girl's livejournal. Ain't the Internet great.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Colors are nice and the secondary logo is great. top notch.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I totally dig the primary logo. I can see the sails of the ship in the ball, but it's not altogether obvious either. (And it even looked like someone took a paper ball, and "clipped" it? OK that was lame, but you get the idea.) The ball does look slashed and I think that fits with the name as well. Say "clip." It's sharp sounding. I think the angles are quite merited.

I like the secondary logo. I don't love it, but I like it. The tertiary I don't like. Without the wordmark in there, it feels way too bare. (Is there a way to combine the secondary and tertiary? Like having the LA in red in the sails?)

In the primary wordmark, I like how Los Angeles is in Century Gothic. It provides a great contrast to the bold "CLIPPERS" below it and makes the design feel more sophisticated. The secondary word mark, I'm not such a fan of though. It feels almost rushed or something? I can't really put my finger on it. It's just not as good looking as the primary.

this would look amazing! it reminds me of the old anahime angles logos! i like it.

anahime angles?

I did a Google search for "anahime," and came up with an anorexic girl's livejournal. Ain't the Internet great.

I'm more amazed that you took the time to google "anahime".

And we all take the time to comment on fake basketball logos. Questioning a person's time management on a board like this is probably not the smartest thing to do.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

You might want to give the sails more of a straight-line effect and space the out a bit, like in the San Diego version of the logo. Also, the font doesn't do much for me. The "Los Angeles" complement font is fine in the primary, but maybe go for something a little more stylized and not as blocky.

VmWIn6B.png

I like where you're going with this, but I think you could have made the clipper ship (I'm assuming that's what the triangles are - sails?) stand out more. Here it almost looks like it's supposed to be a mountain range.

Archived