Adidas Michigan Jerseys?

JJSCOTT

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys can bash me call me unreliable whatever you wanna say... I was just posting information I had gotten and thought people on this board might find interesting! Oh well believe me or not... really doesn't matter to me.

So many comments to respond to so I will just hit a few general points....

Yes that was a quote from a friend of mine who IS a PLAYER on the team! That is a direct quote from an email he sent me. There are 2 other players that have said the same thing all during seperate conversations. So I don't have direct quotes but it was something like... I asked if they had seen the new uni's and what they looked like... their responses in summary both said they look a lot like the WV uni's.

No I will not list their names because these are friends of mine and after the way my information was received why would I throw their names out there for anybody to say they are unreliable or that you don't trust or believe them... like it makes a difference who they are?! either you believe me or don't, I could easily just grab a couple names from the roster and say it was so-and-so anyway... so how would giving names make me anymore credible?

K to address the nike vs adidas template... these players said they look like the WV(nike) jerseys not that they are exactly the same... these guys don't notice the difference in stitching and all that for a template anyway... they were just tryin to give an example of something they look similar to. So I nor they were saying stitch for stitch the 2 jerseys were gonna be the same

and finally yes I see the players as being more a part of the Michigan Football tradition than a fan or alumni student that had season tickets for 20 years or whatever! Does the ticket holder run out of the tunnel on saturday wearing the winged helmet and slappin the M Club banner? Does the ticket holder's name appear in any of the record books or statistics for Michigan football? NO and NO! Without the players there would be no tradition and would be no reason for the ticket holder to have his tickets in the first place. I am not saying the 100.00+ that come to home games at the big house aren't a part of Michigan football or that they have no part in the traditions. I am just saying the players are more a part. I have been to games at the Big House and it is an amazing experience! I have also heard countless stories from my friends on the team that most people don't. Just last week a buddy was tellin me about him and a couple guys goin out and havin a drink with Anthony Carter these guys from decade to decade still relate to each other because they all played in the maize and blue and in the winged helmet... the truth is the fans don't share the bond the players have with each other. Few of us can imagine and relate to what they guys go through during their careers playing football. Oh well enough of a rant on that.

you can take it or leave it.

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

I asked if they had seen the new uni's and what they looked like... their responses in summary both said they look a lot like the WV uni's.

[Joe Rogan] WOW! [/Joe Rogan]

That would be a shame.

Remember clear panels for the Bobcats anyone?

roflav9.gif

The greatest uniform rumor of all time.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Oh, I'm sorry I apologize about the fan being as much a part of the team as the players on the field. Forgive me. I realize now that I am wrong, because the fans are not as much a part of the choking that the team does when it plays Ohio State in a high pressure situation, or over the past few years. That's right, let's not throw the fans under the bus with those bunch of chokers! You know it's kind of hard to block, tackle and catch passes with your hands around throats. I apologize to all Michigan fans, but come the Big Game, the Wolverines should remove the flying tiger logo and put "chokers" on the side of their helmets as the tradition continues with a choker of a coach in Rich Rodriguez. Don't believe me? Go back and watch what WV did against the pathetic Dave Wanstedt's Pitt Panthers. You got a real winner of a coach there. Again my apologies to Michigan fans who don't choke under pressure unlike their football program. Oh and by the way, I have no allegiance to any college football program, just calling it like I see it.

Oh, I'm sorry I apologize about the fan being as much a part of the team as the players on the field. Forgive me. I realize now that I am wrong, because the fans are not as much a part of the choking that the team does when it plays Ohio State in a high pressure situation, or over the past few years. That's right, let's not throw the fans under the bus with those bunch of chokers! You know it's kind of hard to block, tackle and catch passes with your hands around throats. I apologize to all Michigan fans, but come the Big Game, the Wolverines should remove the flying tiger logo and put "chokers" on the side of their helmets as the tradition continues with a choker of a coach in Rich Rodriguez. Don't believe me? Go back and watch what WV did against the pathetic Dave Wanstedt's Pitt Panthers. You got a real winner of a coach there. Again my apologies to Michigan fans who don't choke under pressure unlike their football program. Oh and by the way, I have no allegiance to any college football program, just calling it like I see it.

Are you sure you're not an Ohio State fan?

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

man, i hate it when people just come out and bash teams for no reason. i mean, if im going to post about osu, im actually going to post intelligently, not just attack their program, and bash them. i hate ohio state with all my heart, but it doesnt mean i cant stick to the topic at hand, and have to go on a rant about how much they suck.

but if you want to compare michigan's choking to ohio states, oddball, why dont you look at the past 2 national championships, or their record against the sec. but you wouldnt do that, cuz your not an osu fan right? ;)

Picture21.png

Maybe it's just the away version that will be radically different. The piping was visible on the roads last season. When I think of Michigan and the Blue and Maize, it's generally the blue jerseys and maize pants. I think the team could have radically different roads while still keeping the tradition of the homes.

Check my style guides...Michigan certainly wouldn't be the only school with drastically different home and road sets.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It could be that the NCAA 09 screenshots haven't been updated to reflect the new designs. That has certainly happened on numerous occasions in the past, where jeserys in a game haven't been changed until a public unveiling.

man, i hate it when people just come out and bash teams for no reason. i mean, if im going to post about osu, im actually going to post intelligently, not just attack their program, and bash them. i hate ohio state with all my heart, but it doesnt mean i cant stick to the topic at hand, and have to go on a rant about how much they suck.

but if you want to compare michigan's choking to ohio states, oddball, why dont you look at the past 2 national championships, or their record against the sec. but you wouldnt do that, cuz your not an osu fan right? ;)

What National Championships? I have no clue what you are talking about? In what sports? I'm not an OSU fan and really actually am tired of Ohio State. I was sticking to the topic because what's his name brought up the fact that players are more of the team than fans will ever be. I was just pointing out the fact that if it wasn't for the fans whatever sport you're talking about, wouldn't matter. We wouldn't have this board and whine and cry about what we like or don't like about a team's uniform, logo etc. Fans drive the sport. Fans have more power than they realize, it's just as a whole fans can't unite. If Michigan comes out with God awful uniforms and fans don't like it, the only ways to change it is to boycott it and I mean not only buying the new jersey, but also a boycott of the home games it'd send a message, but we all know that will never happen. The fact of the matter is, we who obsess over uniforms and logos actually make a small percentage of each teams and have little power, oh and a petition to my knowledge really does nothing. If you don't believe me, take a look at Buffalo, we hate that logo and uniform and lo and behold, common Sabre fan must love it. We are a minority to the "Yo hip" athletes and I hope with all my heart that Joe Paterno lives to the age of 500, so that a little bit of common sense and tradition and crisp clean uniforms will don the college football field forever. I cringe when Joe Pa leaves us and what will become of the Penn State look. I don't need every team looking the same, but there are programs that have a look and you need to see for it truly to be college football and Michigan is one of them. Add stripes, take 'em off the road uni's, add an M, but for all that's right in the world leave the home blues alone. Leave the crappy Nike, Adidas, and Under Armor striping to the lower tier teams who don't have the tradition of Michigan. The kid in 2008 should wear the same uniform as Bo Schembechler's teams.

It could be that the NCAA 09 screenshots haven't been updated to reflect the new designs. That has certainly happened on numerous occasions in the past, where jeserys in a game haven't been changed until a public unveiling.

the uniform guy from ea sports posted on operation sports and said these are the jerseys michigan sent him so i imagine this is the final versiojn

No, I'm pretty sure this Michigan jersey is correct. The rumored uniform change for the NC State Wolfpack has also been proven true through some screenshots from this same website.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

What National Championships? I have no clue what you are talking about? In what sports? I'm not an OSU fan and really actually am tired of Ohio State. I was sticking to the topic because what's his name brought up the fact that players are more of the team than fans will ever be. I was just pointing out the fact that if it wasn't for the fans whatever sport you're talking about, wouldn't matter. We wouldn't have this board and whine and cry about what we like or don't like about a team's uniform, logo etc. Fans drive the sport. Fans have more power than they realize, it's just as a whole fans can't unite. If Michigan comes out with God awful uniforms and fans don't like it, the only ways to change it is to boycott it and I mean not only buying the new jersey, but also a boycott of the home games it'd send a message, but we all know that will never happen. The fact of the matter is, we who obsess over uniforms and logos actually make a small percentage of each teams and have little power, oh and a petition to my knowledge really does nothing. If you don't believe me, take a look at Buffalo, we hate that logo and uniform and lo and behold, common Sabre fan must love it. We are a minority to the "Yo hip" athletes and I hope with all my heart that Joe Paterno lives to the age of 500, so that a little bit of common sense and tradition and crisp clean uniforms will don the college football field forever. I cringe when Joe Pa leaves us and what will become of the Penn State look. I don't need every team looking the same, but there are programs that have a look and you need to see for it truly to be college football and Michigan is one of them. Add stripes, take 'em off the road uni's, add an M, but for all that's right in the world leave the home blues alone. Leave the crappy Nike, Adidas, and Under Armor striping to the lower tier teams who don't have the tradition of Michigan. The kid in 2008 should wear the same uniform as Bo Schembechler's teams.

well, that was a lot more intelligent than your previous post, and i can actually agree with you. i think that the tradition should stay the same, and i dont really see penn states look changing anytime soon. there would be a huge uprising if that ever happened.

btw, i was talking about osu's past two losses in the football national championships since you were talking about michigan choking. its just when people go off on tangents about how much the team chokes, and the coaches suck when the actual topics are jerseys or fan base that makes people sound ignorant on this board.

i guess lets just put this behind us, and move on.

thanks/sorry

-vicious-

Picture21.png

the jerseys havent changed according to the NCAA 09 video game. i saw some screen shots of both home and away and they look the same as before

1212208054-media.jpeg

yeah, those look very nice. i dont know if i would mind if they had a little bit different away uni.

btw, it looks like we have a pretty decent scrambling qb. that must be justin feagin.

also, it doesnt look like mcguffie is going to be wearing #2 like he did in high school, but feagin was #2 as well, so i guess he got it instead.

Picture21.png

well, of course the away uni is going to be different. it has to be, it was on a nike template. and of course its going to be much different from the home. it has to be, or else it'd just be a white jersey with blue lettering, which would be terrible. But, the "player" source seemed to be suggesting both would be different.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I am still sticking to what I said about the jerseys being different... I showed that screenshot of the home Michigan jersey and asked how close it was to the ones he had seen his response was... "not very accurate" so again take it or leave it but NCAA has been wrong before... the last time Michigan changed the away uni's the first year they wore them on the field the ones NCAA had in the game were from the previous year.

You all can roast me if I am wrong and I will be a man and come and admit that I was wrong but I am confident in my sources right now... I have never gotten incorrect info from them before!

I am still sticking to what I said about the jerseys being different... I showed that screenshot of the home Michigan jersey and asked how close it was to the ones he had seen his response was... "not very accurate" so again take it or leave it but NCAA has been wrong before... the last time Michigan changed the away uni's the first year they wore them on the field the ones NCAA had in the game were from the previous year.

You all can roast me if I am wrong and I will be a man and come and admit that I was wrong but I am confident in my sources right now... I have never gotten incorrect info from them before!

So wait are you in Colorado or Ann Arbor, i'm sorry but unless given some kind of source or name from someone, it's kind of difficult to believe you sorry, but that's the way I feel, at least change your location geesh.

It's possible that the player in fact hasn't seen the new uniforms and gave you a load of bull so that you'd quit bugging him about what they look like.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I am originally from IL and moved out here to colorado, I go back to a Michigan game every year and keep in touch with my friends on the team. Goin back this year and crashin at their apt. to save some money! It isn't likely that they since it is more than 1 i got info from told me BS so I stop bugging them... I only asked them once and they are my friends not just players i "bug" These are guys that are comin to my bachelor party in a couple weeks... we are close friends! Like I said believe what you want... also as I said givin you a name I coulda just plucked off a roster doesn't make me any more credible or shouldn't anyway!

"So wait are you in Colorado or Ann Arbor, i'm sorry but unless given some kind of source or name from someone, it's kind of difficult to believe you sorry, but that's the way I feel, at least change your location geesh."

Why would I chance my location? I live in CO... It amazes me that somebody on a messageboard would claim I couldn't have info cause I live in CO not A2! This is 2008 there are phones, email, text messaging and internet! why is it so hard to believe I have friends that don't live in CO!?!? that is the most absurd thing I have ever read online I think! :P

Archived