Seattle Sounders FC Jersey

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing to remember here is that MLS sponsorship rules dictate that no team sponsorships may conflict with league sponsors.

That is to say that someone cannot have Coors sponsor a kit because of the league's deal with Budweiser.

MLS has a sponsorship deal with Pepsi. I would seriously doubt that they would allow Jones soda to have a deal in place with Seattle, thus lending credence to the XBox 360 deal.

patriotssignature.png

It's official...Microsoft inked a 5-year, $20 million deal to brand XBox Live 360 on the front of the Sounders' jerseys.

MLS SOUNDERS FC AGREE TO JERSEY SPONSORSHIP DEAL WITH MICROSOFT

Microsoft and the MLS Sounders FC plan to announce a sponsorship deal today that will "place the words 'Xbox 360 Live' on the front" of the team's uniforms when they begin play next season. Sources indicated that the five-year deal is worth a total of about $20M. Microsoft "has done little within the sports marketing arena previously other than a minor pro volleyball sponsorship and a few small ventures in foreign countries" (WALL STREET JOURNAL, 5/28).

Cards.png

Xbox, micro$oft on a jersey?

thank you for ruining the sounders jerseys. :mad:

ok Sony, time for you to sponser a jersey I need playstation 3 on a jersey. Nintendo its time you signed a sponsership deal with the mariners to slap nintendo on the front of the Mariners jersey.

and c2cam2006, its time for you to shut up..............

actually this seems pretty fitting. green jersey, x-box. seems to fit. now my question is this, when they come out with MLS 09 will they be allowed to use the x-box logo on a PS3 or nintendo system? or how does that work in translating soccer in to video games?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

ok Sony, time for you to sponser a jersey I need playstation 3 on a jersey.

Whichever team wears this sponsorship will likely be slower, less popular, and more expensive.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

now my question is this, when they come out with MLS 09 will they be allowed to use the x-box logo on a PS3 or nintendo system? or how does that work in translating soccer in to video games?

That's actually an interesting question. It would be funny to see the XBOX logo show up on a PS3.

Rumor has it that the change kit will be the "opposite" of this leaked image: i.e. featuring a Sounders Blue jersey with Rave Green trim.

Given how unique the Rave Green jersey will be within MLS, I really don't think that there will be much need for the Sounders to employ a change kit very often. Further, given how many MLS franchises employ some shade of Blue as a significant portion of their jerseys, I'd rather see the Sounders go with kits along the lines of...

Home Kit

Rave Green Jersey with Sounders Blue trim

White Shorts with Rave Green and Sounders Blue trim

Sounders Blue socks with Rave Green trim

Change Kit

White Jersey with Rave Green and Sounders Blue trim

White Shorts with Rave Green and Sounders Blue trim

Sounders Blue socks with Rave Green trim

Rumor has it that the change kit will be the "opposite" of this leaked image: i.e. featuring a Sounders Blue jersey with Rave Green trim. We shall see.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

break the norm Seattle. no more blue and red jerseys!

Interesting ideas, Brian, though it leaves them with only white shorts. I could see them having a second set of shorts that was blue which could be used interchangibly with the whites, as necessary.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived