Seattle Sounders FC Jersey

I'm disappointed. I really don't like the side panels and I'm growing tired of the 3-stripes on every single jersey adidas puts out. I really like the colors and the jersey may look better when I see it in person. Still, it's decent overall - just frustrating that it couldn't be the great jersey it should be. Excellent sponsor.

At least I have an American soccer team to root for now. Hopefully the stadium doesn't look that goofy in real life.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm mixed on the green, but wouldnt mind the change being the shale blue shirt and shorts with the sounder blue (or green) socks. itd be nice to never see a change see the light of day given theres no need for one as it was previously mentioned.

There may not be a need for a change kit in the MLS, but if they get into the CONCACAF Champions Cup or play some friendlies or something, they might need one. I'm sure we'll see one rolled out before too long.

I love all the choices so far, and SSFC will be my MLS team of choice once I try to follow it for real.

To play both sides though...will we all be calling this kit "dated" in a couple years when the gimmick of a lime green jersey wears off? Most of us seem to like it now, but wait till 2013-14 is all I'm saying

Overall i LOVE these jerseys...I don't own a professional soccer jersey, but plan on making this my first one. The only thing that I find the slightest bit odd are the Adidas white shoulder stripes.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

I love all the choices so far, and SSFC will be my MLS team of choice once I try to follow it for real.

To play both sides though...will we all be calling this kit "dated" in a couple years when the gimmick of a lime green jersey wears off? Most of us seem to like it now, but wait till 2013-14 is all I'm saying

I dunno. I still love the Orlando Thunder, and that was 17 years ago.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Any other city, I would agree with you. But given Seattle's seeming fixation with green (Emerald City and whatnot), I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon. I could see them maybe tweaking the colour, darkening it a bit or what have you, a few years down the road, but I think the green will stay.

Green in general, I think you're right. But the neon green likely won't last.

Doesn't mean that I don't like it.

Funny, I don't see this as neon green (Orlando Thunder at all). I'm seeing more of a fresh, spring green. Neon, I agree, would be over and done with but this spring green will last as long as too many others don't jump on the bandwagon (teal, powder blue).

On that note, was at the mall today and saw a whole section of Seahawks gear (hats, shirts, jerseys, etc.) in their lime/spring green. Have to say I viewed it with mixed emotions. I've wanted to see the Seahawks use more of the color for years but now that the Sounders have it, would like it to not over saturate the market. We'll have to see.

But illegitimate in that it has an MLS logo in the center circle. Big no-no. No logos on the field, please.

Please nothing. As far as I know, its against FIFA rules to have field logos. As for the stadium setup, I think its great. better than just covering the seats. If those banners come out far enough, it'll be plenty to give an intimate feel to the place. That place is going to be LOUD no doubt. Lets just hope this is a 5-10 year solution and the get their own place right next to the new Sonics arena at some point. There is a somewhat far fetched plan to build an arena with a retractable roof near the waterfront. I didnt really understand that at first, but a 20,000 seat arena with a convertible top sounds like an interesting plan for a part time soccer stadium.

Is that "field rendition" legitimate?

I would say legitimate since the picture appeared in the Tacoma News Tribune, which credits Seattle Sounders FC/Associated Press.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/v-enl...a375315-t3.html

Looks like a great idea but why in the world would the artist not make the grass green / lush looking? Horrible pitch.

Is that "field rendition" legitimate?

I would say legitimate since the picture appeared in the Tacoma News Tribune, which credits Seattle Sounders FC/Associated Press.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/v-enl...a375315-t3.html

Looks like a great idea but why in the world would the artist not make the grass green / lush looking? Horrible pitch.

because it's accurately representing how fieldturf would look. Qwest Field already has turf, it's likely they'd stick with it. I don't know if they could bring in a grass field for the season and keep it on top of the turf from April through August...and then they'd have to deal with the Seahawks starting their NFL season. Turf is a good solution.

harperdc.gif

Green in general, I think you're right. But the neon green likely won't last.

Doesn't mean that I don't like it.

Funny, I don't see this as neon green (Orlando Thunder at all). I'm seeing more of a fresh, spring green. Neon, I agree, would be over and done with but this spring green will last as long as too many others don't jump on the bandwagon (teal, powder blue).

Just 'cause:

SeattleSoundersFCGreen_SOL_SRGB.jpg vs. SeattleSeahawksGreen_SOL_SRGB.jpg

Keep in mind that these are the colors as they appear in print. I do have the Seahawks' textile equivalent however:

SeattleSeahawksGreen_TEX_SRGB.jpg

Don't have the Sounders' textile color...don't know how close (or far off) they'll look.

Keep in mind that these are the colors as they appear in print. I do have the Seahawks' textile equivalent however:

SeattleSeahawksGreen_TEX_SRGB.jpg

"bud green"??

:mojoto:

Anything to attract the B.C. fanbase.

Meh, I think the field rendition is too overplayed. I mean I'm sure it will look visually appealing, but the "Microsoft Xbox 360 Live Pitch"? I have no issue with stadium advertising, but there's Xbox logos all over the place with not even an indication of the Sounders colors or logos.

Archived