Minnesota Timberwolves

Conrad.

well i chose not to fill in the panels b/c the Pacers home jersey does that...and i also chose to have the logo in the middle of the shorts b/c the Pacers one is near the bottom; i was trying to differ from that as much as i could.

u think it'd be different enuff if i added color to the panels and moved the logo and piping towards the bottom?

for reference:

4909.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, the Pistons, Raptors, Heat, and Lakers all use the "T-Bone" template, and no one says that they look to similar. You're going to be using only a marginally similar design to the Pacers, with a totally different color scheme, so I'd say you're safe.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

this really seems like what i was trying to do a while back. I was recently digging back in so i could do a concept of my own (Got back into it with the Jazz and Clippers concepts). Heres what i had at the time:(I was also trying to bring back most of the old identity)

FinalTWolves.png

I really like the text. Really simple but still very cool. Mix this with the OP's basic design, I think it'll be perfection.

Really nice

wolves09jersey2wd4.jpg

changed the piping and made the shorts logo smaller and moved it down farther.

also, for comparison, i did the home jersey with colored side panels (feels too Indy Pacers to me ;) )

wolves09jersey1fu4.gif

thoughts on both these ideas?

Nice!

I'm very glad you went with the non-colored side panels, they actually do look much better than the colored ones.

Nice job. I really can't think of any ways to possibly improve this. I love the number font the most.

Also, your topic title says June 7th...It's still the 6th bud. :P

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

wolves09jersey2wd4.jpg

also, for comparison, i did the home jersey with colored side panels (feels too Indy Pacers to me ;))

wolves09jersey1fu4.gif

Nice work, but not only does the one with the colored side panels look a lot like the Pacers, but the non-colored ones look a lot like the Jazz.

I really like the direction here. I realize that there is a reversion to a logo from a bad era and that the little success the franchise has had is in the current duds. But the fonts of the current uniforms were bound to grow tired quickly.

This tones those fonts down nicely. More importantly, it takes the focus off of the black and brings back the green. After Dallas' uniform switch, blue and green would once again be unique to the league. I would welcome something like this.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

wolves09jersey2wd4.jpg

also, for comparison, i did the home jersey with colored side panels (feels too Indy Pacers to me ;))

wolves09jersey1fu4.gif

Nice work, but not only does the one with the colored side panels look a lot like the Pacers, but the non-colored ones look a lot like the Jazz.

The all-green one reminds my of the Lynx which is not a good thing. I like the blue piping on the white & the all-blue one though.

ujsignature.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived