Padres/Indians tonight

nybatt

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, it looks the the Pads are going with throwbacks from the 1984 season and Cleveland's wearing something vaguely similar to the Indians BPs from the the 1989 classic, Major League.

I love that movie. :D

6uXNWAo.png

Yep, it looks the the Pads are going with throwbacks from the 1984 season and Cleveland's wearing something vaguely similar to the Indians BPs from the the 1989 classic, Major League.

I love that movie. :D

Looks like a 1978 retro game. Cleveland is wearing the block "C" caps, Padres the brown 1978 jerseys with brown/gold cap (done incorrectly of course). Both teams are also wearing their current helmets. It's a mess.

I think these are actually from the 70s and features a full body Chief Wahoo on the sleeve. My personal favorite Indians logo. It wasn't great looking back then and I really don't like the pullover look. I think they got the pants wrong. It should be a red white and blue stripe and this looks like two blue stripes.

Couldnt tell ya how bad I want one of those SD jerseys.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Why does it seem like the players wear the throwback pullovers larger than they wear their actual current jerseys? Is anyone else seeing that? Also, didn't both these teams wear elastic waistband on their pants back in the day?

PvO6ZWJ.png

The problem with most of these pullover throwbacks, no matter who wears them, is that the players wear them too loosely. This has been going on for years now. Maybe it is the manufacturers making them too large, but back then, especially in the 70s, jerseys and pants were "snug" fitting. If you are not going to go all out for a throwback, why bother? The cubs and braves this week did it right. Plus, you have to wear the stirrups the way they were worn in that era. It is only a few games a year for most teams. Suck it up and wear the uniform accurately.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

These throwbacks are usually not made to specifications like the normal jersey sets are, which is the reason for the more "retail" type fit. Very few guys wear jerseys w/o modifications anymore.

As for the game itself, the Tribe didn't quite capture that 70s feeling at the ballpark, besides the final outcome of the game. Cubs/Braves seems like the new standard to be upheld.

For whatever reason, Majestic makes the throwback pullovers approximately three sizes bigger than they are marked. I have a game worn size 46 giants pullover from the last round of throwback nights, and it's bigger than a size 52 game worn regular jersey.

These throwbacks are usually not made to specifications like the normal jersey sets are, which is the reason for the more "retail" type fit. Very few guys wear jerseys w/o modifications anymore.

As for the game itself, the Tribe didn't quite capture that 70s feeling at the ballpark, besides the final outcome of the game. Cubs/Braves seems like the new standard to be upheld.

What is so special about the Cubs and Braves that makes them the benchmark? A throwback to me shouldn't have to fit into a frame. It's looking back at historical uniforms that were worn at significant times hence the Tampa Bay Rays having to wear the uniform of some bush league start up that never made it two seasons.

Archived