MLB 2028

JayJaxon

The Cards one looks like a fashion jersey that could be found at Target, I actually think I have something with a similar font, but minus the birds. I can't say that I like this one, but I can't blame you. The Cardinals have a beautiful uniform set that really doesn't need to be changed, as far as your project goes; you have to do all 30 teams so, kudos on continuing this series, and doing a good job on it.

The Cardinals do have a great set and I was really trying to respect the history of the club by keeping the birds and the StL hat logo, even if it is tweaked. But I have to admit, the more I look at the red alternate, the more I wish I would have done something different. After I post the White Sox concept tomorrow, I am going to go back in and see if I can improve the Cardinals one a bit. Thanks for your support!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I'm noticing is that you're tending to replace current script wordmarks with a generic free download font. Is there a reason for this, or is it simply a case of not being able to use the current ones in paint?

VmWIn6B.png

What I'm noticing is that you're tending to replace current script wordmarks with a generic free download font. Is there a reason for this, or is it simply a case of not being able to use the current ones in paint?

In a lot of cases I want to use something different than what they have. I tried it with the Yankees and it didn't work, so I ended up using the same stuff they had before. Until I am able to create my own fonts, I'm kinda stuck with what I have.

I really like that re-alignment idea a lot.

Staying on topic with realignment, why don't they make a minor move to make 5 teams in each division?

Cause right now there is 4 teams in AL-West and 6 teams in NL-Central.

Maybe move KC to AL-West and Milwaukee to AL-Central. That would even it up.

Maybe this is something that just bothers me...

As for the concepts. I like them all thus far, can't wait to see the Indians :).

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Staying on topic with realignment, why don't they make a minor move to make 5 teams in each division?

As for the concepts. I like them all thus far, can't wait to see the Indians :).

Unless you have inter-league play for the full season, it means that one team in each league must sit out each day. It presents a scheduling nightmare. Or at least that's my understanding of it.

The White Sox, known for their drastic uniform changes, did it again prior to the 2019 season. Worried that his team's season will revolve around the 100th anniversary of the 1919 World Series, and not his team full of young talent, the owner decided on an extreme makeover, that didn't go over well with the fans. This 'futuristic' look, which was heavy on gray, led many fans to nickname them the 'Dirty Sox' or the 'Gray Sox'. The ChiSox didn't move past 3rd in the division all year, and the White Sox added another chapter of unorthodox uniform changes to their history.

ChiSoxSet.gif

Moving KC to the West and Milwaukee to the Central is exactly what I had in mind to make all divisions even. Where it gets tricky is when the two 'expansion' teams come in and add a team to the AL West and the NL East. But if you are talking about real Baseball here and now and not my fantasy future baseball, then yes, I agree 100%. There is no sense in having 16 teams in the NL and only 14 in the AL.

You do realize that if you have 15 teams in each league, you would have to have one interleague series going on at all time, or one team in each league doesn't play, right?.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You do realize that if you have 15 teams in each league, you would have to have one interleague series going on at all time, or one team in each league doesn't play, right?.

Then MLB should do that. The most ridiculous thing in baseball right now is that in four of six divisions there are 5 teams competing for the division title while the other two have 4 and 6 respectively. I don't like interleague play but as long as they are going to do it I don't see why its so important to confine it to certain periods during the season.

mets.png

Then MLB should do that. The most ridiculous thing in baseball right now is that in four of six divisions there are 5 teams competing for the division title while the other two have 4 and 6 respectively. I don't like interleague play but as long as they are going to do it I don't see why its so important to confine it to certain periods during the season.

Thank you for clearing that up. This is just for fun people. No need to get bent out of shape about it. I already stated in my 'history' that 2015 is when the year-round interleague play started, followed by the Brewers moving to the AL the following season to make it 15-15. When expansion happens in 2020, it is 16-16.

Very nice with this project.

let's see the Cubbies next!!!

You better include some world series title in your story, lol

I'm gonna do the Cubs next, but I must warn you, not many people are gonna like this set. Don't worry, I'm sure they can manage to win one in the next 20 ;)

then expect some heavy criticisms....

BTW, when do you think you'll post it?

It will be tonight or at the latest tomorrow morning. Count on tonight though, I'm working on it now.

also, FYI to everyone. I did some tweaks to the Yankees and Knights the other day after some people gave me advice on how to make it better. I encourage you to continue with your suggestions, but I think I will not tweak and update anymore until after I have posted all 32 teams. I kinda broke my stride a little bit when I stopped to fix the Yankees and Knights. I am glad I did because the review on the new Yankees set has been more positive. But I will save those until later from here on out. Thanks for your input. I'm gonna try to crank out the Cubs tonight and maybe the Twins or Indians tomorrow.

then expect some heavy criticisms....

BTW, when do you think you'll post it?

It will be tonight or at the latest tomorrow morning. Count on tonight though, I'm working on it now.

also, FYI to everyone. I did some tweaks to the Yankees and Knights the other day after some people gave me advice on how to make it better. I encourage you to continue with your suggestions, but I think I will not tweak and update anymore until after I have posted all 32 teams. I kinda broke my stride a little bit when I stopped to fix the Yankees and Knights. I am glad I did because the review on the new Yankees set has been more positive. But I will save those until later from here on out. Thanks for your input. I'm gonna try to crank out the Cubs tonight and maybe the Twins or Indians tomorrow.

Do the Twins after the Cubs, lol. The two are my favorites.

IowaOaks.png

Not only did the Cubs finally capture a World Series title in 2008, they did it again in 2009 in convincing fashion. But 2010 proved to be a tough year for the 2-time defending champions as injuries cut their playoff hopes short. It would be 6 years before they made the playoffs again. The uniform change was a bit of a surprise to the Cubs faithful. The owner wanted to be part of the vest era that was quickly developing in MLB, and in the process he eliminated the pinstripes. He also decided to use the 'cub' patch as the primary logo to give the team an intimidating look. They were no longer the lovable losers, so he felt justified in doing so. The fans were not happy.

Designers Note: I agonized over this one all day. In the end I decided to just put the logo I wanted out there and see how hard I get slammed for it. But before anyone starts an uproar over me messing with tradition, keep in mind that the logo the Cubs currently wear on their chest has only been around since 1979, so that made me feel a little better about changing it. Enjoy.

CubsSet.gif

Howzabout dem buccos?

They got rid of the red, right?

They finally went above .500, right?

They did something, right?...

right? :(

:P

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Howzabout dem buccos?

They got rid of the red, right?

They finally went above .500, right?

They did something, right?...

right? :(

:P

Knowing the Bucs, they're probably still under .500 in 2028. 30+ losing seasons... :cry: (if they haven't been sold and moved by this point).

Archived