2008/2009 Changes in the NHL

AsM29

What color is the Yellow that these teams have switched to?

Any word on the Blues alts?

My guess (yes, I have the sheets now as well) is that Reebok is - as they like to do - "homogenizing" the color palette. They're changing all of the Yellows/Golds to the same one the Sabres are using. Not a big change - mostly a change to match the fabrics already being used, I think.

Lame. Sounds like a cheap way to save a buck.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boston: new wordmark in the same font as their nameplates from last year.

Last year as in the Edge name font or the pre-Edge name font? And in a similar style as this logo or something completely different?

Finally... did they re-introduce the white outline on the nameplates on the aways? You know,how they inflated the black so it took up the whole space instead of keeping it only about halfway filled like it was earlier in the season and remained on the homes? Stupidest move ever, IMO. Hopefully they put it back.

Boston: new wordmark in the same font as their nameplates from last year.

Last year as in the Edge name font or the pre-Edge name font? And in a similar style as this logo or something completely different?

Finally... did they re-introduce the white outline on the nameplates on the aways? You know,how they inflated the black so it took up the whole space instead of keeping it only about halfway filled like it was earlier in the season and remained on the homes? Stupidest move ever, IMO. Hopefully they put it back.

After further review, it is not the same font as the nameplate, but rather a font to match the B in the main crest.

NO they did not go back to the 3 color names on the aways.

What color is the Yellow that these teams have switched to?

Any word on the Blues alts?

My guess (yes, I have the sheets now as well) is that Reebok is - as they like to do - "homogenizing" the color palette. They're changing all of the Yellows/Golds to the same one the Sabres are using. Not a big change - mostly a change to match the fabrics already being used, I think.

Lame. Sounds like a cheap way to save a buck.

Well didn't the MLB do that with team hats where everyone had to use the same colour navy blue or royal blue and so forth for their cap?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Does anyone got anything on the Senators third jersey? Black? Gold?

I don't think anything official has been released yet regarding any of the third jerseys. I could be wrong though.

Any info on the islanders? I've heard the alt will be vintage but I'm wondering if anyone has heard if it will be based on their original jerseys (lace-up, orange lettering, etc.) or more like their cup era jerseys. I'm especially excited to see these because I was hoping the royal blue was gonna return last year before the new edge jerseys came out.

mets.png

I forgot to add that I am absolutely looking foward to Buffalo's new alternate. Especially the part that's bolded in the bottom quote...
Buffalo: Added a slightly redesigned version of the classic logo with the new navy blue.

There are no less than 15 concepts drawn and posted on this board or on other boards of something similar for Buffalo. So it will feel so good to finally have one that's real. AsM2931, I just hope that it's not a recolorization of the classic jersey, meaning I hope it's a little something more than making the royal blue navy. Here's to hoping that the real package is accurate to your description above.

From what the team said when they went to the slug, in year 2 of edge they were going to have a recolored version of the classic jersey with the same logo but in the new colors, so I'd say expect a recolo(u)r. But I don't have the inside scoop.

I remember hearing the exact same things as you a couple summers ago. We'll see if they can't completely screw this up too.

If the Sabres can (accidentally) get the traditional uniform right as an alternate, it should probably only be a couple more years until it's the primary. I think Buffalonians were only willing to spend their money on banana slug merchandise because the team was actually good.

I looked at the two logos more closely together and it is pretty much the same with a Very minor tweak in the sword handle, and the addition of silver outlines around everything. It also has the red eye.

Any info on the islanders? I've heard the alt will be vintage but I'm wondering if anyone has heard if it will be based on their original jerseys (lace-up, orange lettering, etc.) or more like their cup era jerseys. I'm especially excited to see these because I was hoping the royal blue was gonna return last year before the new edge jerseys came out.

I have heard that they will be based on the 1972-73 jerseys. Blue with orange numbers. That is all that I heard.

I have heard that they will be based on the 1972-73 jerseys. Blue with orange numbers. That is all that I heard.

its a step in the right direction, i now have a reason to watch the isles again for 16 games a year. if anyone knows my internet kayfabe personality, they know i'm kiddin' ya on that one. i'm glad to see the old early 70s version making a come back, i have a soft spot for that jersey that lasted a few years.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Thanks for the info griffelh. Lets hope they shell out the extra money for royal blue shells and helmets.

mets.png

Leafs are unveiling their 3rd jerseys on Wednesday at 11am

right now its a surprise announcement but the statement says:

- "fan related" announcement

- wear your blue n' white

- players will be there (hint hint, to show off the jersey(s))

Maybe I will swing by the ACC on wednesday to check it out. Hopefully this is true.

Where did you see this info?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Maybe I will swing by the ACC on wednesday to check it out. Hopefully this is true.

Where did you see this info?

video announcement

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/teams/...strainedvbr.asx

I hope so. I've been waiting for something to be unveiled all summer long. The last info received on it was that it would be like their old 3rd, including waist stripes. Can you confirm this?

Got this in the email... apparently from Matty Stajan :D

Call it a gift, a reward for the countless supporters who have been in our corner and always will be.

Meet me, at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, July 16th in the Galleria at Air Canada Centre*. My friends, current and former Leafs players, will be on hand with a very special surprise for you, the fans .

We have never done this before. This is our chance to thank you, the most loyal, passionate fans in the world.

Click here to see my personal message to you. Don't forget to wear your blue and white!

See you on Wednesday,

Matt Stajan

*Only the first 750 people will be allowed in. Space is not guaranteed. Arrive early. Enter through Bay St.

Wade-sig.png

Got this in the email... apparently from Matty Stajan :D
Call it a gift, a reward for the countless supporters who have been in our corner and always will be.

Meet me, at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, July 16th in the Galleria at Air Canada Centre*. My friends, current and former Leafs players, will be on hand with a very special surprise for you, the fans .

We have never done this before. This is our chance to thank you, the most loyal, passionate fans in the world.

Click here to see my personal message to you. Don't forget to wear your blue and white!

See you on Wednesday,

Matt Stajan

*Only the first 750 people will be allowed in. Space is not guaranteed. Arrive early. Enter through Bay St.

Hum... this is interesting... Damn it! I may now be working that day and not be able to participate but I should be able to drop by later in the day and take pics unless I can swing a deal where I can go into work later.... damn it all!!

If I can't go, I'll send my Stajan obsessed friend in my place and she can get some of the dirt for us.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived