2008/2009 Changes in the NHL

AsM29

I doubt that is the new third jersey, what would be the point of just adding a few more stripes?

Finally responding to the clamor that most jerseys needed something?

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently that jersey we saw is the Leafs actual new third jersey.

From Icethetics:

According to a reader who emailed me, that is going to be the Leafs' new third jersey this season. The following is the email sequence that was forwarded to me:

FAN: Whats the deal with this? thats not the Leafs jersey! Is it being altered to fix what was broken last year? Please tell me it's true!!!

RE: Thank you for your email,

The jersey in the link you have provided is the new Maple Leafs third jersey.

Thanks for being a fan!

http://bp1.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/SIJWKn...600-h/leafs.png

I still don't believe it... 1. they always have an intern responding to fan emails on mapleleafs.com and 2. didn't we see that jersey last year before the Rbk edge jerseys were unveiled?

Your so right, we went through this already last year. These were rumored to be the home version of the Leafs RBK Edge set. I remember it very well.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I doubt that is the new third jersey, what would be the point of just adding a few more stripes? I'm positive that the e-mail or whatever was faked.

Remember how a lot of replies to jersey designs were, "Needs stripes."?

Well, there's your stripes......

Apparently that jersey we saw is the Leafs actual new third jersey.

From Icethetics:

According to a reader who emailed me, that is going to be the Leafs' new third jersey this season. The following is the email sequence that was forwarded to me:

FAN: Whats the deal with this? thats not the Leafs jersey! Is it being altered to fix what was broken last year? Please tell me it's true!!!

RE: Thank you for your email,

The jersey in the link you have provided is the new Maple Leafs third jersey.

Thanks for being a fan!

http://bp1.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/SIJWKn...600-h/leafs.png

I still don't believe it... 1. they always have an intern responding to fan emails on mapleleafs.com and 2. didn't we see that jersey last year before the Rbk edge jerseys were unveiled?

Your so right, we went through this already last year. These were rumored to be the home version of the Leafs RBK Edge set. I remember it very well.

The Leafs Alt is the previous 3rd with the blue shoulders and old style leaf.

flyersthirdjersey.png

flyers1.jpg

flyers2.jpg

Needs words.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not saying that isn't the new alternate because, well, what do I know? But a few things. First, the jersey doesn't look like any of the RBK cuts we've seen so far, but it's hard to tell because the picture is small and the bottom isn't visable (rounded hemline). Secondly, where is the RBK logo above the nameplate? And lastly, that collar doesn't look like the new collars do as far as I can tell. Just some observations.

In fact, I don't think this is it at all ... it's up for an auction on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-FLYERS-DANIEL-BRIE...1QQcmdZViewItem (item number 150271890436)

I'd say those cell phone pics we saw months ago are legit considering the rounded hemline, RBK logo, and NHL logo on the collar were visable.

Not saying that isn't the new alternate because, well, what do I know? But a few things. First, the jersey doesn't look like any of the RBK cuts we've seen so far, but it's hard to tell because the picture is small and the bottom isn't visable (rounded hemline). Secondly, where is the RBK logo above the nameplate? And lastly, that collar doesn't look like the new collars do as far as I can tell. Just some observations.

In fact, I don't think this is it at all ... it's up for an auction on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-FLYERS-DANIEL-BRIE...1QQcmdZViewItem (item number 150271890436)

I'd say those cell phone pics we saw months ago are legit considering the rounded hemline, RBK logo, and NHL logo on the collar were visable.

It could be a customized vintage jersey.

No RBK, I was thinking what you were.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

More interesting tidbits from icethetics...

This time, it's from the comments section in the most recent third jersey blog. Some guy says he's seen a few pics of the new stuff and he made a few descriptions, most are in fact what we all speculated but there's also some new information that at least I haven't heard about. Once again, no sources...just a guy who says he seen some pics, so take it for what it's worth...

Link

Atlanta: Burgundy jersey with an arc'd "Thrashers" with numbers underneath, similar to the Dallas one, but with their own font/workmark

Boston: Just as your picture shows, posted the other day

Buffalo: Vintage navy blue

Carolina: Black with the Hurricane Storm flag, as speculated

Chicago: The classic black jersey they have always had

Dallas: A white version of their current black one

Edmonton: Vintage blue and orange. Main colour = Blue

LA: It's hard to see in the pictures I was provided, but it's a black jersey with White text letter in a box at the top saying "LA" then underneath is a crown with crossed sticks (IMO, the ugliest of them all)

NY Islanders: Is like their older blue, orange and grayish. Jersey = blue

Ottawa: Black with an upward slant of the word "Sens" where the end/top of slope is where the "C or A" would be worn. In a unique text/font with unique striping

Philadelphia: Orange jersey, but it in fact has the white patch under the name, as originally speculated

Phoenix: A black jersey with a running coyote there the head is where the "C or A" would be, and their C and A are on the opposite, as per the Red Wings this past season

Pittsburgh: Pretty much same as winter classic

San Jose: Black jersey with the Shark on the pants I believe, where you can see the tail and all. Not the shield, like some may have thought

St. Louis: Think Minnesota's red jersey. Except in the middle it has a Blues note as well as the Arc. Wordmark is like the Wild's, just replaced with St. Louis Blues

Tampa Bay: It is, indeed, the Bolts sloped downward in the direction like Rangers and Penguins are/were. It's in a unique text, and the jerseys are a sharp navy blue. I don't mind them at all, and are better than what I would have thought

Toronto: Classic white with the old vainy Leaf

Vancouver: The vintage stick in rink jersey, but with that updated logo from their should patch that is more modern

I know nothing of a confirmed Wild third, but I have heard rumours of it being Green with Sand or White coloured lettering reading "Minnesota" like "Rangers"

I have pictures of them all, but I do not have permission to post them. I will email you, Chris, as soon as I am allowed.

If someone from these boards can confirm the bolded descriptions mentionned above, it would be very appreciated.

Those all sound pretty much like what has been described before, so I'm thinking it's legit. We'll just have to wait and see because some of these new jerseys sound interesting.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Ottawa: Black with an upward slant of the word "Sens" where the end/top of slope is where the "C or A" would be worn. In a unique text/font with unique striping

This would sound good if it said "Senators" or "Ottawa". Sens sounds so unprofessional.

Archived