2008/2009 Changes in the NHL

AsM29

Lightning will have a blue alternate this year

I attended this tonight: http://blogs.tampabay.com/lightning/2008/0...hall-mee-2.html

I was about to ask the owner Oren Koules himself, but his phone rang as he acknowledged me...so I asked another Lightning employee, and here's how the conversation went verbatim:

"Will we have an alternate jersey this year, and will it be blue?"

"I can neither confirm nor deny..." (with a grin)

"SWEET!.......Is it an improvement over what we have right now?"

(emphatically) "YES."

Pretty funny, to slag off a uniform they just unveiled a year ago....

Well, OK didn't have anything to do with the year-old design (or so I thought).

And his perceptive powers are spot-on if he dislikes the TB set.

It wasn't Koules, it was "another Lightning employee".

Still, they're not replacing the old uniforms, just adding an alt. Seems strange for a team employee to puff up the alternate by ragging on the other uniforms.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems strange for a team employee to puff up the alternate by ragging on the other uniforms.

Ever spoken candidly to an employee of any team before? They only clam up when things are "on-the-record", going out to the media (and they can be traced as the source)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

MAYBE the san jose jersey will look something like this...

sanjose.jpg

From the description dallas should probably look something like this...

dallaswhitepreview.jpg

at the very least, we know it won't have that 36 on the front. lol.

anyway, i'm still not convinced that's what it's going to look like. even if it's a white version of the blacks, i think there's a chance there's more green in it, like the other white jersey.

i just have generally, for years, been able to tell trends in team graphics hinting at uniform changes... before the mooterus, we had strange additions of red everywhere.... then last season before our uniforms came out, the website became mostly black and gold with very little green...

but during the playoffs and offseason, we've seen a lot of green backgrounds on graphics and the BELIEVE logo for the playoffs had a green banner over the cup... i just doubt they're about to move even further away from green, considering how they've been throwing it around in graphics recently.

though i could be wrong.

sanjose.jpg

The new San Jose logos looks almost EXACTLY like that. Just slightly increase the size of the fin logo, make it overlap the J a little, and move it up slightly and you got it.

sanjose.jpg

From the description dallas should probably look something like this...

dallaswhitepreview.jpg

Ugh.... a white alternate only looks good on the Montreal Canadiens and the Toronto Maple LEafs.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

neon just txt msg'd me to let me know that the announcement was indeed about a free pre-season game and not about a new alternate jersey

Figures eh.

Great surprise, people come out expecting something bigger.

Hey Neon if or when you read this, did you get pictures of the new ACC Scoreboard ?

4kv29i.jpg

sanjose.jpg

The new San Jose logos looks almost EXACTLY like that. Just slightly increase the size of the fin logo, make it overlap the J a little, and move it up slightly and you got it.

Ergh. I'd rather see the full-body shark shield as the main sweater crest instead.

Continuing my obsession with the Coyotes - I'm just wondering, ASM, if there is going to be uniform changes. The reason I ask is because I just got a RBK Edge jersey in April (Doan 19) and if they are changing the shoulder patch I might be a little upset if my jersey is obsolete. I really wasn't expecting any changes. I never even thought about it.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. But I can tell you this, out of all the teams with updated identity's, the sharks are the only team whose uniform file hasn't been updated for next year yet. Now this could mean nothing, but it makes me wonder.

From the Leafs site:

gm_jersey.gif

I am so confussed about this, is this real?

If no why is it on the Leafs site?

If yes, is it their alternate?

I have no idea whats going on!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

From the Leafs site:

gm_jersey.gif

fonz, please tell me you read Brass97's, Jezus Ghoti's and habsfan's posts before you posted that picture...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

From the Leafs site:

gm_jersey.gif

I am so confussed about this, is this real?

If no why is it on the Leafs site?

If yes, is it their alternate?

I have no idea whats going on!

I believe that was a Photoshop job from when they were set to unveil the new Leafs jerseys last summer, during the Edge makeover. I don't think it's real. You'll notice that the only change is the collar and the stripes, 3 instead of 2, which would be the most pointless alternate jersey ever.

I started a topic on that before. The Leafs' webmasters were probably too lazy to find the REAL Leafs jersey, instead, they take a Photohopped version of the Bruins jersey. Wouldn't it actually be harder to find a fake one than it does to find the real one, considering they work for the damn organization?

Also, looking at photos for yesterday's event, I noticed the jersey Cujo was wearing still doesn't have a number. I'm assuming he's still discussing with Kubina. :P

Wade-sig.png

Sorry if this is just off topic but Neon, I just saw you on Sportsnet !

Nice hat ;).

How the hell did you know it was me?? How did you know it was my hat? lol

I found this from the Star website and this is all I can seem to find at the moment:

MeatLeafs.jpg

But I have yet to watch Sportsnet to see the footage but my friend who I went with said she can see us.

I will upload the pics I took tomorrow or something.

It was fun but I wish I got something more than two tickets for Section 309, Row 15. :(

...some people walked away with golds and platinums... sigh...

And MVP, if I didn't have to rush to work for noon I'd have hung around to ask Cujo why he is not yet wearing his number, but I am guessing he has not had much luck or time trying to get it from Kubina.

And I got stuck with Williams giving me my tickets... sigh...

BTW, I talked to the manager at Centre Sports and he said they won't be getting the jerseys till late sept/early oct... which we all expected and he wouldn't say much else. I'll try again sometime later in the summer.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived