2008/2009 Changes in the NHL

AsM29

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How the hell did you know it was me?? How did you know it was my hat? lol

I seen you post pics of yourself in "post your pic" topic, in the lounge. Ya know where ya at the CBC HNIC booth ( lucky you lol )

And of course you mentioned going their yesterday so I figured I would catch ya in the crowd.

But if ya watch sportsnet when they talk about it, ya can clearly see ya in the crowd. ( I hope it didn't sound like i was stalking yea, just be cool too see yea on tv )

Here is the video encase sportsnet doesn't show highlights the next day. ( Behind the dude waving the flag near the beggining of the video)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/popup/hockey...ying_their_fans

Whats wrong with meeting Williams ? lol

Sorry to go off topic everyone.

4kv29i.jpg

How the hell did you know it was me?? How did you know it was my hat? lol

I seen you post pics of yourself in "post your pic" topic, in the lounge. Ya know where ya at the CBC HNIC booth ( lucky you lol )

And of course you mentioned going their yesterday so I figured I would catch ya in the crowd.

But if ya watch sportsnet when they talk about it, ya can clearly see ya in the crowd. ( I hope it didn't sound like i was stalking yea, just be cool too see yea on tv )

Here is the video encase sportsnet doesn't show highlights the next day. ( Behind the dude waving the flag near the beggining of the video)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/popup/hockey...ying_their_fans

Whats wrong with meeting Williams ? lol

Sorry to go off topic everyone.

Hahahaha, thats funny. About 0:22 seconds in I can be seen in the awesome Retro Sport khaki cat!

I guess I didn't realise how often I wear that hat in pics that I post.

The only thing wrong with metting Williams is that I could have met Clark or Cujo or even Coliacavo while he was still healthy! :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Seems strange for a team employee to puff up the alternate by ragging on the other uniforms.

Ever spoken candidly to an employee of any team before? They only clam up when things are "on-the-record", going out to the media (and they can be traced as the source)

Sure, I knew a guy who used to work for the Red Sox - in candid moments he'd admit that the team felt "strangled" and "trapped" by Fenway.

But in a public setting? To someone he doesn't know? That seems surprising.

Seems strange for a team employee to puff up the alternate by ragging on the other uniforms.

Ever spoken candidly to an employee of any team before? They only clam up when things are "on-the-record", going out to the media (and they can be traced as the source)

Sure, I knew a guy who used to work for the Red Sox - in candid moments he'd admit that the team felt "strangled" and "trapped" by Fenway.

Depends on the person and their mood... Long ago, I've blurted inside information about the teams i worked for to people i didn't know just because i was in a "i dont care" mood at the time (even once to the media, whoops)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

If you dont want to believe me, that's your bad.

For the record, I later talked to a random ticket rep and his response was a coy smile followed by "I cannot confirm nor deny...."

Just sayin.

SigReflect.png

From icethetics...the guy just added a countdown to when the first alts will be unveiled...

Thrashers: 8 Days!

Someone remind me to:

A. Go to the team's Select-A-Seat ticket drive

B. Take a camera....

Take a camera. :P

I made a similar suggestion in the NBA changes thread, but, remember last year when the first post in this thread was a list of all the teams and links to pictures of their new jerseys and logos? Could someone maybe do that when alts and other new logos start coming out? Obviously, you wouldn't need it for all teams, but, it'd be cool. Right now ASM has first post, and he might be willing to do it, but, if not, a mod could move a volunteer to first post so they could do it. (I'd volunteer but I spend the next 4 weeks without computer access, which is how I've spent the last five.)

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Apparently that jersey we saw is the Leafs actual new third jersey.

From Icethetics:

According to a reader who emailed me, that is going to be the Leafs' new third jersey this season. The following is the email sequence that was forwarded to me:

FAN: Whats the deal with this? thats not the Leafs jersey! Is it being altered to fix what was broken last year? Please tell me it's true!!!

RE: Thank you for your email,

The jersey in the link you have provided is the new Maple Leafs third jersey.

Thanks for being a fan!

http://bp1.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/SIJWKn...600-h/leafs.png

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

It seems alot of these 3rd jerseys coming out this year are some kind of retro look. Dont be surprised if we see some teams turn these into primaries along with matching white jerseys. Im thinking if the Sabres retro-inspired navy third becomes popular enough, the days of the slug may be numbered.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Apparently that jersey we saw is the Leafs actual new third jersey.

From Icethetics:

According to a reader who emailed me, that is going to be the Leafs' new third jersey this season. The following is the email sequence that was forwarded to me:

FAN: Whats the deal with this? thats not the Leafs jersey! Is it being altered to fix what was broken last year? Please tell me it's true!!!

RE: Thank you for your email,

The jersey in the link you have provided is the new Maple Leafs third jersey.

Thanks for being a fan!

http://bp1.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/SIJWKn...600-h/leafs.png

I still don't believe it... 1. they always have an intern responding to fan emails on mapleleafs.com and 2. didn't we see that jersey last year before the Rbk edge jerseys were unveiled?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived