2008/2009 Changes in the NHL

AsM29

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be at the leafs announcement if i dont have work.....ill bring a cam too to get us some pics (if its actually a jersey announcements....not something stupid like a new scoreboard)

I don't think that's going to be the announcement because they already had a video for it on the Leaf's website, but knowing them don't be surprised if that's what it turns out to be.

I wouldn't be too shocked to hear they end up announcing that they changed some consessions or something lame like that too.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Philadelphia:

"special" orange

They better not mess this jersey up.

Well we've already seen it - orange with a white nameplate and black letters.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'll be at the leafs announcement if i dont have work.....ill bring a cam too to get us some pics (if its actually a jersey announcements....not something stupid like a new scoreboard)

I don't think that's going to be the announcement because they already had a video for it on the Leaf's website, but knowing them don't be surprised if that's what it turns out to be.

I wouldn't be too shocked to hear they end up announcing that they changed some consessions or something lame like that too.

I heard it may be an announcement for lower ticket prices AND/OR giving the C to Kaberle.

I will be sad if I don't get to see the new 3rd. =(

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

If this is true, it gives me hope that the Senators have ditched the idea for the gold jersey that was rumoured a few months ago.

...Phew!

I certainly hope this is the case because I would hate for the Sens to end up looking like the Wizards. *shivers*

thecatch.jpg

I heard it may be an announcement for lower ticket prices AND/OR giving the C to Kaberle.

I thought Sundin still could come back to the Leafs this year? If they give the C to Kaberle doesn't that pretty much say that they've given up on him coming back?

Got this in the email... apparently from Matty Stajan :D
Call it a gift, a reward for the countless supporters who have been in our corner and always will be.

Meet me, at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, July 16th in the Galleria at Air Canada Centre*. My friends, current and former Leafs players, will be on hand with a very special surprise for you, the fans .

We have never done this before. This is our chance to thank you, the most loyal, passionate fans in the world.

Click here to see my personal message to you. Don't forget to wear your blue and white!

See you on Wednesday,

Matt Stajan

*Only the first 750 people will be allowed in. Space is not guaranteed. Arrive early. Enter through Bay St.

Clearly, Stajan is referring to raising the Stanley Cup.

Lightning will have a blue alternate this year

I attended this tonight: http://blogs.tampabay.com/lightning/2008/0...hall-mee-2.html

I was about to ask the owner Oren Koules himself, but his phone rang as he acknowledged me...so I asked another Lightning employee, and here's how the conversation went verbatim:

"Will we have an alternate jersey this year, and will it be blue?"

"I can neither confirm nor deny..." (with a grin)

"SWEET!.......Is it an improvement over what we have right now?"

(emphatically) "YES."

SigReflect.png

They just announced on the fan 590 (sports radio station in Toronto) that the Leafs are going to be offering a free exhibition game this year.

I guess that's pretty major.

I can't knock them for doing something nice for the fans, that's for sure.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

They just announced on the fan 590 (sports radio station in Toronto) that the Leafs are going to be offering a free exhibition game this year.

I guess that's pretty major.

I can't knock them for doing something nice for the fans, that's for sure.

Ah hell, I woke up early for free tickets to a game I may not be able to go to due to school? :P

Well, there is always eBay.... or selling them to Chris for some rediculous amount. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I attended this tonight: http://blogs.tampabay.com/lightning/2008/0...hall-mee-2.html

I was about to ask the owner Oren Koules himself, but his phone rang as he acknowledged me...so I asked another Lightning employee, and here's how the conversation went verbatim:

(emphatically) "YES."

You know it's about damn time the Lightning got a blue jersey! They have a rather unique shade of blue (or so I think I may just be a bit colour blind lol) and I always thought it would look awesome as the main colour of a jersey.

As for the Senators, thank GOD it isn't gold. I wish they wore black as their home jersey and had red as the 3rd. I saw a mock-up I forget what site that had the O logo on the front with stripes ala Montreal Canadiens. It looked pretty damn sweet!

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

(emphatically) "YES."

Pretty funny, to slag off a uniform they just unveiled a year ago....

neon just txt msg'd me to let me know that the announcement was indeed about a free pre-season game and not about a new alternate jersey

Just got the e-mail from AM640 Toronto....it's against the Sabers.

(emphatically) "YES."

Pretty funny, to slag off a uniform they just unveiled a year ago....

Well, OK didn't have anything to do with the year-old design (or so I thought).

And his perceptive powers are spot-on if he dislikes the TB set.

You know it's about damn time the Lightning got a blue jersey! They have a rather unique shade of blue (or so I think I may just be a bit colour blind lol) and I always thought it would look awesome as the main colour of a jersey.

But isn't the problem with Lightning uniforms not the color of the shirt, but the quality of the crest on it? I'm with you on the blue jersey, but if it's a blue jersey with the Lightning logo on the front, it's still gonna be an ugly shirt.

20082614447.png

Archived