2008/2009 Changes in the NHL

AsM29

Ottawa: Black with an upward slant of the word "Sens" where the end/top of slope is where the "C or A" would be worn. In a unique text/font with unique striping

This would sound good if it said "Senators" or "Ottawa". Sens sounds so unprofessional.

The 'SENS' reminds me of the Suns alternate when they use 'PHX'.

p3745802p275w.jpg

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, not a big fan of teams using diminutive nicknames on the uniforms.

Nor am I.

It's one thing to say "hey the sens won last night"

It's another to start putting a short-form, which people use because they simply want to skip saying the full name, on a uniform.

To me that says the team is lazy when making their uniforms.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

So as Sabres fans, Expect Slightly redone, and Recolored version of this?

Since there will be Silver in the Modified Logo, should we Expect some silver in the Jersey?

I believe so. Navy and bright yellow without any other trim in the stripes would look ugly and unispired. It's okay to re-create classic jerseys, just don't forget to do them right.

I'm more ambivalent. If it's a diminutive that everyone calls you already, then I'm fine with it. D-Backs is cool. Chicago's Sox jersey and caps do the trick. Jays works for me. I think the Nationals absolutely need an alt jersey in the style of the Homestead Grays that says Nats. My only concern with the Senators would be whether "Sens" really is a ubiquitous local nickname. When Senators fans get into a conversation about the team, is "Sens" really the most common name for the team that an eavesdropper would hear? If so, great. If not, then it doesn't belong on the jersey.

20082614447.png

I'm more ambivalent. If it's a diminutive that everyone calls you already, then I'm fine with it. D-Backs is cool. Chicago's Sox jersey and caps do the trick. Jays works for me. I think the Nationals absolutely need an alt jersey in the style of the Homestead Grays that says Nats. My only concern with the Senators would be whether "Sens" really is a ubiquitous local nickname. When Senators fans get into a conversation about the team, is "Sens" really the most common name for the team that an eavesdropper would hear? If so, great. If not, then it doesn't belong on the jersey.

Well Sens is the main word I use when having general discussions about the team so I guess you'd be ok with Sens on the jersey.

I personally think it's a really dumb idea, even if it said Senators or Ottawa I don't think I'd like it. Throw the 2D logo (that isn't used ANYWHERE right now) onto a black jersey either the same version as the current home and aways or with striping harking back to the early 90s (which by the way I think are the nicest jerseys the Sens ever had-excluding the barber pole of the early 20th century incarnation).

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

I'm waiting for the Flyers' 4th jersey that just says "Fly Guys" on the front.

Bush league, Sens.

Bush league.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm waiting for the Flyers' 4th jersey that just says "Fly Guys" on the front.

Bush league, Sens.

Bush league.

I'd favor a Curtis Mayfield inspired "Superfly" jersey.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I have no problem with "Sens"...though on a hockey sweater, that may be another story.

But if they were a baseball or basketball team, I'd be all for it. You already have Knicks and D-Backs being the shortened form of Knickerbockers and Diamondbacks, respectively. (And technically/officially the baseball team is really just named the Mets, but lets face it--it IS short for Metropolitans, even if that isn't the official club name like Knickerbockers or Diamondbacks is).

I just don't know how well it'd go over on a hockey jersey though. What I do know though is that it's not like they'd be putting a different nickname on the uni, i.e. the Canadiens wearing a "Habs" uniform or the NY Giants wearing "Big Blue" uniforms...and it can't be as dumb as wearing something like "PHX" or other airport codes...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

(And technically/officially the baseball team is really just named the Mets, but lets face it--it IS short for Metropolitans, even if that isn't the official club name like Knickerbockers or Diamondbacks is).

Have to agree to disagree there.

Wouldn't want to see "Cosmopolitans" on a soccer shirt, either.

Tampa Bay: It is, indeed, the Bolts sloped downward in the direction like Rangers and Penguins are/were. It's in a unique text, and the jerseys are a sharp navy blue. I don't mind them at all, and are better than what I would have thought

Does anyone know if it's "BOLTS" or "THE BOLTS"? If it's "THE BOLTS", can "LOS BOLTS" be far behind?

^_^

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Found this:

http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/appiesboar...f=1&t=11334

Here's another in the entries for our summer online newsletter:

Q: Mike, There's a discussion on Andrew's about the Stars' new third jersey here. Included were pictures of some nice high school and college jerseys. We were wondering if the Stars have made up their mind about a design and

whether there's an option for some feedback/input from the fans. Since

we're the ones buying them, it made sense to solicit fan opinion.

Maybe like pick four potential designs and let fans vote for which ones

we like best.

Reagan

HEIKA: Hey Reagan,

I had to do some research on this one, but it appears the Stars' next third jersey will be a white version of the black "DALLAS'' jersey they have now. I believe there is a chance they wear that next season.

If that is indeed the third jersey for a while, the Stars will probably not have another alternate sweater for the forseeable future, and when they do, there is probably little chance that they will put the issue up for public debate. The problem, it seems, is that this stuff has to go through all sorts of levels of approval. The league's marketing department will be involved, along with the Stars, and whatever consultants they bring in. Those people will want their say in the project, so my guess is they will not want to give up that power to the masses.

I'm with you. I would like to see a group of say five choices and then open it up to an online debate and vote on http://www.dallasstars.com. Now, they wouldn't have to go with the choice of the people, but it would be nice to allow the fans some say. Maybe if we keep pushing, they will do that in a couple of years.

Mike

:mad:

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Found this:

http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/appiesboar...f=1&t=11334

Here's another in the entries for our summer online newsletter:

Q: Mike, There's a discussion on Andrew's about the Stars' new third jersey here. Included were pictures of some nice high school and college jerseys. We were wondering if the Stars have made up their mind about a design and

whether there's an option for some feedback/input from the fans. Since

we're the ones buying them, it made sense to solicit fan opinion.

Maybe like pick four potential designs and let fans vote for which ones

we like best.

Reagan

HEIKA: Hey Reagan,

I had to do some research on this one, but it appears the Stars' next third jersey will be a white version of the black "DALLAS'' jersey they have now. I believe there is a chance they wear that next season.

If that is indeed the third jersey for a while, the Stars will probably not have another alternate sweater for the forseeable future, and when they do, there is probably little chance that they will put the issue up for public debate. The problem, it seems, is that this stuff has to go through all sorts of levels of approval. The league's marketing department will be involved, along with the Stars, and whatever consultants they bring in. Those people will want their say in the project, so my guess is they will not want to give up that power to the masses.

I'm with you. I would like to see a group of say five choices and then open it up to an online debate and vote on http://www.dallasstars.com. Now, they wouldn't have to go with the choice of the people, but it would be nice to allow the fans some say. Maybe if we keep pushing, they will do that in a couple of years.

Mike

:mad:

Be happy the mooterus ain't coming back! :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Is it me or what, but I'm not really excited about any thirds. It's either a vintage jersey or some stupid wordmarked jersey. What's the point of putting out something ($) just to put something out. I think the Blackhawks do it right by just reversing their colors instead of creating something else.

KISSwall09.jpg

Tampa Bay: It is, indeed, the Bolts sloped downward in the direction like Rangers and Penguins are/were. It's in a unique text, and the jerseys are a sharp navy blue. I don't mind them at all, and are better than what I would have thought

Does anyone know if it's "BOLTS" or "THE BOLTS"? If it's "THE BOLTS", can "LOS BOLTS" be far behind?

^_^

I dunno, but if they ruin the BLUE jersey that I've been waiting for for 16 years, a news story of a Tampa man hanging himself may not be far behind...

SigReflect.png

More info on the Stars alternate:

http://dallasstarshockey.piczo.com/?cr=4

DSH has received information about the Dallas Stars new alternate from two different sources, one within the Dallas Stars organization and one sports retailer in Winnipeg. According to one source the new jersey will "be a white version of the black "DALLAS'' jersey they have now" and the Stars will be wearing it next season. A reader of DSH photo shopped what it should look like and sent it to me. I was unable to get the date when the jersey will become official or when the public will be able to buy it, however when more information becomes available DSH will have all the information.

And their was a pic:

i297332151_31309_4.jpg

broncossigbz9.png

den-1.gifbsu-1.gifavs.gif

Archived