2008/2009 Changes in the NHL

AsM29

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

someone should really whip up a mock up of the thrashers jersey

The club will introduce a dark red jersey with the word ?THRASHERS? on the front, just above the player?s uniform number, which will appear on both sides of the design. A broad white stripe will adorn each arm of the jersey with a dark red number in the stripe. A broad white-and-dark blue stripe will run down the sides of the jersey.

interesting

My thouights on everything mentionned so far...

-If my mental perception is accurate, the Sens 3rd will have the same design as the Ducks.

-WTF are the Hurricanes doing with stars on their jersey?

-There's a chance that the stars 3rd won't have any gold whatsoever if Berger is on point. He said green and black stripes...I hope it's not too ugly.

-I hope Boston's 3rd will be the one with the gold stripe at the bottom.

-Curiously, no mention of navy for the Sabres. It was "confirmed" by at least 2 members on this board so now I don't know who to believe.

-I'm glad bottom stripes are being brought back slowly but surely.

-

someone should really whip up mock ups of all of those jerseys described.

fixed that for ya! :P

if he's right about the stars third (please god let him be) then it won't be too bad.

a white/gold/black look isn't very dallas starsy...

a white/green/black look reminds me trent klatt and dave gagner and the fun of me first becoming a hockey fan.

so the only gold would be in the shoulder logo. i can live with that. it sure beats the only green being in the shoulder logo.

LOOK AT WHAT DALLAS HAS DONE

Why are all these teams going with wordmarks on the front? For decades no one but the Rangers and Penguins had wordmarks...

think this is a decent prediction for the new stars alternates?

i got bored and whipped this up. if it's accurate, then it's definately better than original predictions of greenless dallas.

stars-maybe-alternate2.png

Perhaps Dallas will set a record with the alternate looking least-different from the other two jerseys. I mean, what's the point of the jersey having the same body color, logo, font, and logo as one of the other jerseys?

And I'll also agree that shortened names are totally cheesy. Text messaging lingo has taken over the world.

i for one want to give kudos to the stars for keeping things simple with all 3 uniforms...

they aren't exactly the color choices i'd use, on any of them, but i respect the simplicity overall.

All these lettermark jerseys seem like another RBK cookie cutter idea. I know RBK doesn't have input on logo design (or do they?) but just like having 4-5 templates for jerseys, I think we're seeing the same with logo design too.

All these lettermark jerseys seem like another RBK cookie cutter idea. I know RBK doesn't have input on logo design (or do they?) but just like having 4-5 templates for jerseys, I think we're seeing the same with logo design too.

If we're talking about new logos created especially for the alternate jerseys (as in the case of the Lightning and the Senators), then I'd be shocked if Reebok wasn't involved.

i for one want to give kudos to the stars for keeping things simple with all 3 uniforms...

they aren't exactly the color choices i'd use, on any of them, but i respect the simplicity overall.

i wouldnt be surprised if the tampa jersey actually says "TBFTW!" on it

so he's seen the jerseys in pictures right? so where did he get them

Oh, we've all got the pictures. It's just that we'd rather not let you see them.

Hey, guys, how about that Sharks alternate, huh? Am I right?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived