Obstructed View Seats @ Lucas Oil Stadium

dfwabel

Maybe those seats are for the winners of the logo contest.

:D Ok, I laughed out loud at that one...excellent!

As for those seats...what a joke. What in the world were they thinking? For what NFL tickets cost, it's a crock to even sell partially obstructed views. Ridiculous.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

This could be the bost of both worlds for ownership. First, they get a shiny new stadium and a Super Bowl. Then, the stadium sucks so badly, revenues taper off, and they move to Los Angeles. Cha-ching!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well that is what I call retro authentic. When the Colts played in Baltimore they had a stadium that had that type of feature, and it seated more! But Drunk Bob and the boy blunder had to move to Indy!

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

That is really poor...

...and so is the fact it's only going to seat 63,000...

Cool building overall though...

That stadium is far from cool. It looks like a giant warehouse and overpowers the skyline of the city way too much.

So, they say that the seats won't be sold, and that the semi-obstructed ones will only be sold when the rest are sold out...

Here's a novel idea... why'd they have to install seats behind pillars in the first place? Didn't the guy bolting the seats down stop to think about who would actually be sitting there?

VmWIn6B.png

So, they say that the seats won't be sold, and that the semi-obstructed ones will only be sold when the rest are sold out...

Here's a novel idea... why'd they have to install seats behind pillars in the first place? Didn't the guy bolting the seats down stop to think about who would actually be sitting there?

Better yet, what about the architect that designed the stadium? Didn't they double check the blueprints or the 3D computer model before the seal of approval was stamped? :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Better yet, what about the architect that designed the stadium? Didn't they double check the blueprints or the 3D computer model before the seal of approval was stamped? :D

Or even better... what about the entry-level drafter who drew in the seats behind the big squares representing columns in AutoCAD?

VmWIn6B.png

Or even better... what about the entry-level drafter who drew in the seats behind the big squares representing columns in AutoCAD?

Donald Trump: YOU'RE FIRED!

I saw, I came, I left.

Not all the retractable roof stadiums have obstructed views, but I know Miller Park has some up behind home plate where the shell all connects. They call the Ucker Seats and charge 2 bucks for them.

The first thing you notice about the stadium when driving downtown is just how much bigger it is than the RCA Dome. I agree with the above poster who said that it "overpowers" the skyline, it was the first thing I noticed after moving here a year ago. However, I think it looks cool. Not many NFL teams go the retro route when building their new stadiums.

The guy bolting down the seats was probably thinking "What the hell are seats doing behind this giant pillar". He was also probably thinking "Well, it's what the customer wants, so I may as well do my job, not my problem" and proceeded to install said mega-obstructed seating.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Because that would have involved using logic and common sense. Two things this society is severely lacking in.

Donald Trump: YOU'RE FIRED!

And that's just it. I would have refused to put my name on the drawing if the engineer/architect came up with something that stupid.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Archived