What city should be Loser-ville U.S.A?

dbackdiehard17

I actually think Loserville Canada has to be the ironically named Winnipeg the Jets were a laughing stock in the NHL despite a loyal fan base and the Blue Bombers have been misfiring for two decades.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the criteria....

Prairie View A&M

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's my sole duty to (from where I'm from) to nominate Cleveland for sure and Philly as a runner up. I'm actually surprised with all these Philly fans saying how they won this and that and they didn't mention their biggest sports star and champion...Rocky Balboa :P

KISSwall09.jpg

Again - Philadelphia would certainly be one of the favorites, unless you actually READ THE ARTICLE and look at the author's criteria.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5. Minneapolis - Vikings' Super Bowls. Norm Green. Kevin McHale.

4. Atlanta - Michael Vick. Braves' Postseasons (sans '95). The Tomahawk Chop.

3. Oakland - Al Davis. The Oakland Triple-A's. Raider Fans.

2. Cleveland - Art Modell. AFC Title games. Craig Ehlo.

1. Buffalo - Super Bowl XXV. Super Bowl XXVI. Super Bowl XXVII. Super Bowl XXVIII. "No Goal".

6uXNWAo.png

It's my sole duty to (from where I'm from) to nominate Cleveland for sure and Philly as a runner up. I'm actually surprised with all these Philly fans saying how they won this and that and they didn't mention their biggest sports star and champion...Rocky Balboa :P

Yeah, but let's not forget that Balboa lost to the likes of Clubber Lang, Apollo Creed and Mason Dixon...

nav-logo.png

I actually think Loserville Canada has to be the ironically named Winnipeg the Jets were a laughing stock in the NHL despite a loyal fan base and the Blue Bombers have been misfiring for two decades.

While it's true Winnipeg hasn't lived up to the "Win" in its name, I disagree. I've never heard the Jets being referred to as a laughing stock - they had some good teams and some poor teams, and a lack of playoff success - but overall they didn't stand out as the losers of the league. Not to mention, the Jets had powerhouse teams in the 70s, taking home 3 Avco cups, and being the undisputed best team in WHA history. The Bombers haven't won a Grey Cup for a while, but they've been a solid team the last few years (except for this year - blecch) and have a very respectable 10 in their history.

The reason I chose Cleveland was due to a number of things.

- It's been since 1964 that any team has won anything.

- Cleveland's managed to LOSE both an NHL team and an NFL team at some point in their history. Not many cities can boast that.

- The indians went on this small 40 year run where they didn't make the playoffs. And not only did they not make the playoffs, but they rarely finished higher than 4th. My uncle was at that Perfect game with about 2,000 other people.

- The Browns are one of only a handful of franchises who have yet to participate in a super bowl.

- The Cavaliers were wholly irrelevant in the late 90's and early 00's and were one of the worst teams in the league for much of their history.

- and the heartbreaking high profile ways teams find a way to lose puts them in a lot of people's minds when it comes to losing. The famous ones are the most recent NBA finals sweep, the 97 world series to a 5 year old expansion team, red right 88, the drive, the fumble. You know, the classics. Cleveland's had it rough, you can't dispute that.

Although Cleveland hasn't won a pro champinoship since 1964 they have won more then Cincinnati.

Let's compare.

MLB: Reds 5 - Indians 2

NFL: Bengals 0 - Browns 4 (8 if you count the Browns 4 AAFC championships)

In my math 6 Cleveland pro championships beats 5 Cincinnati pro championships every time.

Cleveland is not even the biggest loser city in Ohio it Cincinnati.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

- Cleveland's managed to LOSE both an NHL team and an NFL team at some point in their history. Not many cities can boast that.

- The indians went on this small 40 year run where they didn't make the playoffs. And not only did they not make the playoffs, but they rarely finished higher than 4th. My uncle was at that Perfect game with about 2,000 other people.

- The Browns are one of only a handful of franchises who have yet to participate in a super bowl.

- The Cavaliers were wholly irrelevant in the late 90's and early 00's and were one of the worst teams in the league for much of their history.

- and the heartbreaking high profile ways teams find a way to lose puts them in a lot of people's minds when it comes to losing. The famous ones are the most recent NBA finals sweep, the 97 world series to a 5 year old expansion team, red right 88, the drive, the fumble. You know, the classics. Cleveland's had it rough, you can't dispute that.

The funny thing about that is if you counted the people who said they were there that number jumps from 2,000 to at least 130,000.

BB52Big.jpg

The funny thing about that is if you counted the people who said they were there that number jumps from 2,000 to at least 130,000.

So true.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Even though I nominated Philly, I'm seeing allot of convincing evidence its Cleveland.

How about we nominate New Jersey just on principle. :D

Three Stanley Cups and two NBA Finals say nah. ^_^

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Gotta be Cleveland.

Browns: Well theyre the Browns. I'll leave it at that.

Cavaliers: Play craptastic basketball all thier years and then finally get to the Finals last year - only to play some more craptastic basketball.

Indians: Last title was 1948, then in 1954 they wallop the AL (including a very powerful Yankees team) only to get swept by Willie Mays and the Giants in the World Series. Literally lifeless from then until 1995 when team finally gets back to the Series, losing again but this time to the team they defeated in '48, the Braves. They return in 1997 and look like the clear favrites against a young Marlins team in only thier fourth year as as franchise. Then SUPRISE! Indians lose, Florida wins thier first of two World Series titles.

It dosent get worse than that fellas.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I would say Buffalo

No, no, no. If a tournament to find Loserville, USA were actually held, Buffalo would be the favorite that breezed to the finals, only to be upset by Cleveland on a controversial call that failed to bring the Browns' pre-Super Bowl NFL championships into account. Buffalo citizens, outraged that they can't even win at losing, would be bitter and angry at ESPN for decades to come.

Archived