LeBron James to......Europe?

buzzcut

Source: LeBron may consider Europe

Interesting, I don't know if he'll go through with it, but it would either force the Association to get rid of it's salary cap or fold. Also, a word of warning: Don't read the comments section.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

I am a die hard LeBron/Cavs fan, if LeBron ever left the USA I would stop watching the NBA.

Yeah, you're REALLY a diehard fan there. :rolleyes:

That said, it's "cute" when players like Chilldress and Turiaf threaten to leave America for more money in Europe. It's "dead serious" when LeBron is doing it.

But I guess not really, because I doubt that he'll jump to Europe. But the power of the dollar is something else...

Β 

Β 

I am a die hard LeBron/Cavs fan, if LeBron ever left the USA I would stop watching the NBA.

I guess he stops watching whenever the Cavs play a road game in Toronto

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

Β 

"The Mothership" β€’ News β€’ Facebook β€’ X/Twitter β€’ Instagram

That said, it's "cute" when players like Chilldress and Turiaf threaten to leave America for more money in Europe. It's "dead serious" when LeBron is doing it.

But I guess not really, because I doubt that he'll jump to Europe. But the power of the dollar is something else...

Or perhaps it may be the power of the Euro?

I saw, I came, I left.

Or perhaps it may be the power of the Euro?

It's cash money either way it go.

"Cash rules everything around me--CREAM get the money...euro euro bill y'all..."

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

"First of all, we don't know that there's going to be a $50 million offer," the official said. "And secondly, he wouldn't be able to accomplish over there the things that he wants to do over here, which are to win NBA championships, MVP awards, etc."

I found this particularly funny for some reason.

Let's get real for a second. I understand the Euro is doing well versus the dollar at the moment. But how many Euro teams can afford that level of salary. And more importantly, what would be left for his teammates? LeBron and his bargain basement buddies. Yup....I'm sure he'd be down with that.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Let's get real for a second. I understand the Euro is doing well versus the dollar at the moment. But how many Euro teams can afford that level of salary. And more importantly, what would be left for his teammates? LeBron and his bargain basement buddies. Yup....I'm sure he'd be down with that.

I know there's more than a few clubs that are connected to huge soccer clubs that would be willing to put down the money they'd pay for Christiano Ronaldo or any other big name soccer player. So the money IS there.

And if LeBron could take a bunch of scrubs to the NBA Finals, he could singlehandedly win a EuroLeague title, IMO.

Β 

Β 

I know there's more than a few clubs that are connected to huge soccer clubs that would be willing to put down the money they'd pay for Christiano Ronaldo or any other big name soccer player. So the money IS there.

And if LeBron could take a bunch of scrubs to the NBA Finals, he could singlehandedly win a EuroLeague title, IMO.

Is it there for Ronaldo/other good soccer player and LeBron? Somehow I think soccer would be prioritized over basketball in funding.

Actually....that would be interesting to see....how much money do the big spending soccer teams honestly drop on their basketball affiliates?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

These owners of basketball clubs are billionaires and quite frankly don't care how much debt they absorb. It's really all about ego. The fans don't "subsidize" the salaries, the owners do. I'm sure they are more than willing to write down any debts the team has.

I recall this story about the Russian women's basketball league. Maybe this has a small sample as to how they function.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/sto...rollinginrubles

I saw, I came, I left.

The comments are hilarious. Shows how much North Americans truly know about global sports. No offense to North Americans but when it comes to Sports, in terms of fan passion, culture, history and money, Europe trumps America easily.

The comments are hilarious. Shows how much North Americans truly know about global sports. No offense to North Americans but when it comes to Sports, in terms of fan passion, culture, history and money, Europe trumps America easily.

I think it's not blanket either way. I'm sure there are examples of poor support in Europe, just as there are examples of historically entrenched and solid support for teams in the United States.

Today, we are all otaku.

Wow... I have to think LeBron is SO worried about his reputation. Therefore, he would be too concerned that curent NBA players would tell him "Yeah, you can't win here, so you're going to go and try to win one there." Alhtough... 50 freakin' million is insane! If he did win a Championship in Europe... The King would surely get a new nick-name.

"Where's your crown King Nothing?!"

-J. Hetfield

A report today also added Kobe to the list of those considering playing a season in Europe. All this talk of starts going overseas needs to stop.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,Β Β (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Lebron said he may consider going over for $50 million a year ... he hasn't said he's definitely going to. Honestly, he was probably just joking around, pulled a number out of his butt, and had a quote taken out of context. This is a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Although I will go on record right now as saying that I will absolutely, positively, 100 per cent go do my thing in Europe if I'm offered $50 million a year. ^_^

Archived