New Houston Cougar Football Unis

FattySeth

It is just last years Kentucky jersey...

610x.jpg

Don't you mean "it is just "Buffalo's jersey"? Ronald_Hilliare_LARGE.jpg

Funny how they all (UK, UH and UB) all have the same interlocking helmet logo with only the second letter being different.

kentucky.jpg

houston_cougars.gif

26446197_8696956.png

923%5C362689.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26446197_8696956.png

Ugh. What happened to the horns?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Don't you mean "it is just "Buffalo's jersey"?

Both wrong. It's Missouri's template. Anymore brain busters?

Rizzuto... I'd say upgrade too, dont like the bad falcon knock offs, they looked like high school jerseys.

Rizzuto... I'd say upgrade too, dont like the bad falcon knock offs, they looked like high school jerseys.

26446197_8696956.png

Ugh. What happened to the horns?

They switched when the adopted the old Kentucky template, at pretty much the same time that Turner Gill got the coaching job. Also, UB has been using their interlocking letter logo for longer than I remember either the UK or UH logos being used, just not on their helmets. They've had the UB logo on the signage around the campus since at least the early 90's.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Then why does nike call the template "Lexington"?

Look, omnibus, Houston's new uniforms are not Kentucky's template. They look sort of similar, but if you look at the piping and the sides, you'll notice they are different. On Kentucky's and Buffalo's jersey, the piping continues around the shoulders, whereas Houston's piping stops at the neck. Houston's new jersey shares the same template as Missouri (as well as Wake Forest and new Vanderbilt).

nikenewunifront.jpgnikeuniside.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

SLIGHT downgrade. But still very tasteful considering this is 2008 and Nike.

Houston's new jersey shares the same template as Missouri (as well as Wake Forest and new Vanderbilt).

Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous that 3 schools with the exact same colors are using the exact same template?

610x.jpg

Don't you mean "it is just "Buffalo's jersey"? Ronald_Hilliare_LARGE.jpg

First off, Kentucky used MSu's 2003 template.

Second, Houston is usingmizzous template (as said already)

I'm ok with it. It doesnt thrill me but it doesn't kill me.

I think Vandy is different. Plus Missouri uses Athletic Gold (yellow) while Wake uses Old (or Vegas) Gold (gold).

Missouri uses Old Gold. The M and stripe on the helmet, the number color and the occasionally-used pants really aren't yellow. Wake uses more of a Vegas gold. And you are right about Vandy being different - the piping is the same, but the Commodores have something new going on in the under arm area.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think Vandy is different. Plus Missouri uses Athletic Gold (yellow) while Wake uses Old (or Vegas) Gold (gold).

Missouri uses Old Gold. The M and stripe on the helmet, the number color and the occasionally-used pants really aren't yellow. Wake uses more of a Vegas gold. And you are right about Vandy being different - the piping is the same, but the Commodores have something new going on in the under arm area.

The point I was trying to make was that while the template is the same for the two schools, the colors are not. Missouri's colors look more like yellow, Wake's look more like gold.

Archived