Nike strikes again!

oddball

I'm watching the softball game between the US and Australia and wondering what Australia's fascination with tight/sleeveless fitting uniforms is, and I happened to notice something on Cat Osterman's jersey... the pattern from the basketball has made it to softball!

softballjersey.jpg

Β 

Β 

I don't like that design, but, at least it was unique (I thought). To just re-use for multiple uniforms and for multiple countries is pretty lame. Of course, that is a Nike tradition.

China's pattern is different.

I fail to see the problem here. Both teams represent the same country. Why not a little Olympic unity between compatriots?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm watching the softball game between the US and Australia and wondering what Australia's fascination with tight/sleeveless fitting uniforms is,

Well, as you'd guess it stems from the Aussie Rules jumpers, which had their sleeves cut off originally, to stop opponents grabbing them and getting an advantage. However it would only be prevalent in a few of the warmer weather sports, like softball.

Most other sports the Aussies wear the traditonal uniforms everyone else is wearing.

(The soccer team, the shooting team etc)

And I see the zebra with a star on it's nose.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

im guessing they will do this to the hockey jerseys also

If you mean Hockey for Vancouver (damn Olympics for calling Field hockey just hockey), No. Canada has already unveiled their uniforms for '10 and wore them at the World Championships. No such design exist on the back as it does with these uniforms which seem to also go across country designs as well (I noticed China had a similar design on it's basketball uni). I wouldn't be surprised if hockey goes back to more unique designs for Vancouver.

im guessing they will do this to the hockey jerseys also

If you mean Hockey for Vancouver (damn Olympics for calling Field hockey just hockey), No. Canada has already unveiled their uniforms for '10 and wore them at the World Championships. No such design exist on the back as it does with these uniforms which seem to also go across country designs as well (I noticed China had a similar design on it's basketball uni). I wouldn't be surprised if hockey goes back to more unique designs for Vancouver.

I mean to the US hockey team not Canada i should have clarified that and yes "ICE HOCKEY"

detsig.png

This is bitching at Nike for the sake of bitching at Nike. I think of National sports teams as presenting the ultimate crossover opportunity, so really, all of the uniforms should bear some resemblance to each other. Obviously, sports like baseball tend to favor a more traditional style, but they can still implement some of the marks that the other sports use. Softball typically employs non-traditional tops, so I don't see this as an issue at all.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is bitching at Nike for the sake of bitching at Nike. I think of National sports teams as presenting the ultimate crossover opportunity, so really, all of the uniforms should bear some resemblance to each other. Obviously, sports like baseball tend to favor a more traditional style, but they can still implement some of the marks that the other sports use. Softball typically employs non-traditional tops, so I don't see this as an issue at all.

Obviously you read none of this post, absolutely no one is bitching about Nike. I just pointed out the fact that the pattern was being used on the Softball uniforms.

Β 

Β 

Obviously you read none of this post, absolutely no one is bitching about Nike. I just pointed out the fact that the pattern was being used on the Softball uniforms.

It is reasonable to assume that pointing out a Nike-created pattern in a thread titled "Nike strikes again!" constitutes bitching. I've never heard "strikes again!" used in a positive (or even neutral) sense. If bitching was not the intent, than I retract the first sentence of that post. The rest is still relevant though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nike has done it to any top that has a nike logo on it. Im watching track and filed and on they backs of the US nike shirts and they have the design. So my theory is if there is a Nike logo there is a design on the back.

And why shouldn't they? It's brand recognition. You don't even have to see the swoosh on the front of the uniform now to know it's a Nike.

Archived