Mike and Mad Dog (WFAN, NY)

Nesi427

The show is gonna go down the tubes now with just Francessa...

The show would go down the tubes as a solo act either way...can you imagine 5 hours of just Mad Dog?

See?

That used to be known as Saturday morning.

Francessa as a radio guy is very low energy almost like listening to the announcer on an elevator music station. Russo was his opposite and together they gave the show energy. I'm interested to see who Francessa brings in as his "personalities." Hopefully they're more up-tempo then he is.

The show is gonna go down the tubes now with just Francessa...

The show would go down the tubes as a solo act either way...can you imagine 5 hours of just Mad Dog?

See?

That used to be known as Saturday morning.

Francessa as a radio guy is very low energy almost like listening to the announcer on an elevator music station. Russo was his opposite and together they gave the show energy. I'm interested to see who Francessa brings in as his "personalities." Hopefully they're more up-tempo then he is.

And he did that NFL show on WFAN I thought or something like that. I love football, but that show made me want to basically kill myself.

There comes a point in time when 95% of sports talk shows are the same thing, and that is either the host or host yelling and screaming (as if that makes what you say important or even intelligent), or them throwing out cute lingo like it's cool. Give me a guy who knows sports, doesn't yell, and has no lingo, and you have a listener.

The only guy I ever listened to nationally that pulled it off was James Brown.

Self-edit: Mike Tirico is these things too, but he's boring as hell.

Really? I find Tirico (and Van Pelt when they're together) listenable. Then again, I'm not an every-day listener....

A :censored: show just got 50% better or 50% worse. Total garbage. Two idiots trying to act like they know something important screaming and yelling. They were perfect for their market. Thank God they were never syndicated around here.

BB52Big.jpg

Let the WFAN deathwatch begin!

And which station exactly will replace WFAN? 1050? I don't think so it's a weak signal that one can't pick up in many parts of the area. On the other hand I can get WFAN down near Washington clearer at night than some of the local station. WFAN has one of the strongest signals in the country with a popular radio format. The station isn't going anywhere.

BTW, I was just up in NY when this happened. Listening to the people calling into the show was a joke. You would have thought the guy died not just sign a deal to go over to satellite radio.

BREAKING NEWS:

Russo's off to SiriusXM starting Monday, Sept. 15 on his own channel: Mad Dog Radio. It's on Sirius 123 or XM 144. I transcribed the info from the Howard Stern Show, so I may have the channel numbers wrong.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

There talking sports just as long as they can its Mike and the Mad Dog on the Fan....

Just got to thinking - the NY Mets are going to need some revamping on their music as well.

"Hot dogs green grass all out at Shea CitiField"

Not quite the same ring ...

Yep, I'm 15-20 miles to the NW of Center City Philadelphia and I can pick up WFAN 24-7 even before the days of streaming audio.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

There talking sports just as long as they can its Mike and the Mad Dog on the Fan....

Just got to thinking - the NY Mets are going to need some revamping on their music as well.

Yep, I'm 15-20 miles to the NW of Center City Philadelphia and I can pick up WFAN 24-7 even before the days of streaming audio.

GOOD

That 1984 version of Meet the Mets needed to go along time ago.

I say just cue up Jane Jarvis on the Thomas organ.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I remember being at the base of the observation deck at Philadelphia City Hall and the guy working there had WFAN on. The Gianst and Eagles were playing that Sunday. Asked him why he'd listen to the Fan and he said the WIP signal was awful.

Tell that to the Giants. They still use the theme song "Bye Bye Baby" unchanged with these lyrics:

"History's in the making at Candlestick Park"

"Listen to the broadcast on KSFO" - the Giants flagship radio station has been KNBR for at least 20 years now...maybe even longer

Archived