Why are the Seahawks locked into only 2 uniform sets?

seahawk9

Uggh. That looks terrible.

I just don't understand why some people think the blue jersey/white pant combo looks bad. Other than just not being used to seeing it worn commonly. It is the original design home combo. It looks no different than other teams when they wear their dark helmets, dark jerseys, and white pants like the Eagles, Redskins, Texans, Broncos, Chiefs, Bears, and Vikings....................

Too Plain for one. And to have a double blue jersey and and have some plain white pants, let's just say it look inconsistent. The reason all those teams you mentioned look fine is they have a color in the unis and have the same colors on their pants. The Seahawks have a double-blue jersey and their white pants have only a thin navy blue stripe no Seahawk blue or whatever the other blue is called.

I think the reason they use navy blue socks is to balance the navy blue sleeves. I've alway thought their socks should be slate blue to match their jersey color. The navy blue pant stripe suppose to match the jersey sleeve cuffs and neck band.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FYI the Sehawks do have navy and green pants and green jerseys. They have chose not to use them; same w/ Jags and teal pants and Ravens with both purple pants and black pants with striping.

Really? Hmmm... hard to picture all these teams having these crazy multi-color pants and jerseys hanging in the equipment room just for fun. I guess Tampa has red, orange, and black pants, too? You know... just not wearing them.

FYI the Sehawks do have navy and green pants and green jerseys. They have chose not to use them; same w/ Jags and teal pants and Ravens with both purple pants and black pants with striping.

Seahawks' Green jerseys? No.

Jaguars' Teal pants? Yes.

Ravens' extra pant sets? No.

Where are you getting this from?

:blink:

Yes Seattle has navy blue pants and green jerseys and green pants. Yes the Ravens have the extra pants. Where am I getting this?

Duh. Take a guess. I wouldn't put it out there if it wasn't real.

By the way, the Seahawks' green helmet that was listed on eBay is a made up thing. The seller told me he makes them up.

Yes Seattle has navy blue pants and green jerseys and green pants. Yes the Ravens have the extra pants. Where am I getting this?

By the way, the Seahawks' green helmet that was listed on eBay is a made up thing. The seller told me he makes them up.

Wow you really think we're a bunch of idiots.

And that green Seahawks helmet was made up? Thank you, Mr. NFL Insider.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'd take ColorWerx's word over yours every time on subjects such as these. Although, you could always provide evidence to support your claims.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If only they had introduced silver pants at the beginning, the silver helmets might have won the fan vote.

Then they'd have something akin to the 49ers - a great update of a classic look.

I remember the fan vote. Was the silver helmet (put up in the vote with the current helmet) the same helmet they had worn in the past or was it modified?

If only they had introduced silver pants at the beginning, the silver helmets might have won the fan vote.

Then they'd have something akin to the 49ers - a great update of a classic look.

I remember the fan vote. Was the silver helmet (put up in the vote with the current helmet) the same helmet they had worn in the past or was it modified?

It was modified. The problem was that they wanted a silver helmet, but white pants. Silver / gold helmets should never be worn with white pants IMO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It was the same as the current helmet, only with a silver shell.

"Duh. take a guess"??

Oh, OK... must be true.

MOD EDIT

I was on a visit to NFL headquarters three weeks ago - 280 Park. I was having lunch with a former colleague. He showed me the 'Hawks and Ravens mock ups. He said that the Jags wore the teal pants once. I don't think they ever wore them though. He said the Jags would never use them. That's where it comes from.

I was on a visit to NFL headquarters three weeks ago - 280 Park. I was having lunch with a former colleague. He showed me the 'Hawks and Ravens mock ups. He said that the Jags wore the teal pants once. I don't think they ever wore them though. He said the Jags would never use them. That's where it comes from.

I have no way of verifying that.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

837186906_9a1c6f2aec_o.jpg

SEAsig.png

837186906_9a1c6f2aec_o.jpg

That is still a great helmet. Add silver pants, I think it would be one of the best looking Home sets in the NFL.

2000Patch.jpg

Well you discredited your own "source."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived