Does anyone else see the irony in the newest design of the $1 coin?

hettinger_rl

One of the last $1 coins had a strong Native American woman on it in Sacajawea. The newest $1 coin has Andrew Jackson on it, a man made famous by killing Natives and denying them the right to have their own government.

I know that they're going through a few of the presidents but IMO Jackson shouldn't be on any of the currency.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

One of the last $1 coins had a strong Native American woman on it in Sacajawea. The newest $1 coin has Andrew Jackson on it, a man made famous by killing Natives and denying them the right to have their own government.

I know that they're going through a few of the presidents but IMO Jackson shouldn't be on any of the currency.

I think Andrew Jackson should be on the $1 coin just because they're going through all of them and it would be kind of weird to skip a few. I do agree that Andrew Johnson should not be on the $20 bill. We should put FDR there and get someone to replace him on the $.10 coin. Maybe Ben Franklin?

I think they should just scrap the idea of presidents on bills. If it's the US, put the US seal on there and the denomination and be done with it. I think Canada should do the same with just putting animals on it instead (lol...yeah that's as cool as it gets for us).

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

As Robin Williams said

"In Canada their curancy is also called the Loonie. How can you take an economic crisis serriously?"

I love Canadas currency. Where else can you have a 2 dollar coin and a beaver on the nickel

Signature intentionally left blank

Do I think it's ironic? Nope. Why? Because no one spent the Sacajawea coin, and just kept them. It doesn't matter who's on the coin and no one will use them. You could put Satan, Hitler, or Michael Vick on the coin and no one will use them as currency. As far as who's on the bills, it doesn't matter to anyone who's on the bills. Why? Because we don't care, we just care about the numbers in the corners and what they mean and we just need a few hundred of them to pay our gas bills for the month! There could be an oil barrel on the dollar, and no one would care!

Do I think it's ironic? Nope. Why? Because no one spent the Sacajawea coin, and just kept them. It doesn't matter who's on the coin and no one will use them. You could put Satan, Hitler, or Michael Vick on the coin and no one will use them as currency. As far as who's on the bills, it doesn't matter to anyone who's on the bills. Why? Because we don't care, we just care about the numbers in the corners and what they mean and we just need a few hundred of them to pay our gas bills for the month! There could be an oil barrel on the dollar, and no one would care!

I'll tell you who'll use them. The Ecuadorians. That's who.

For some reason in Ecuador the Sacajawea coin is used very much. I've gotten more coins there as change in a couple weeks than I have living the past eight years in America.

I think Andrew Jackson should be on the $1 coin just because they're going through all of them and it would be kind of weird to skip a few. I do agree that Andrew Johnson should not be on the $20 bill. We should put FDR there and get someone to replace him on the $.10 coin. Maybe Ben Franklin?

You do know why FDR is on the dime, right?

And I say keep that arrogant b*stard on the $20.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As Robin Williams said

"In Canada their curancy is also called the Loonie. How can you take an economic crisis serriously?"

I love Canadas currency. Where else can you have a 2 dollar coin and a beaver on the nickel

Not so much with the beaver thing, but doesn't the EU have a 2 Euro coin?

As Robin Williams said

We've got a $2 coin.

coins-web.jpg

Though our 5c piece has an echidna on it.

http://warrenmars.com/photography/canon_a610/things/5c.jpg

(too big to post)

And we got rid of 1 and 2 cent pieces, we just round everything to the nearest 5 cents.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

ha i had a few Clinton $3 Bills with different looks. one had Slick Willie, the other had Hillary "Rodman"(sic) complete w nose ring, tats, and brightred crewcut. if i can find em, i'll scan and post.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

This might be a stupid thing to ask, but do they still mint the JFK Half-Dollar coin? Either as circulation or just collector's pieces?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

You do know why FDR is on the dime, right?

And I say keep that arrogant b*stard on the $20.

Oh wow I completely forgot about the March of Dimes. In that case let's put Elvis on the $20.

Andrew Johnson should not be on the $20 bill.

Andrew Johnson is not on the twenty dollar bill.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

As Robin Williams said

We've got a $2 coin.

Though our 5c piece has an echidna on it.

http://warrenmars.com/photography/canon_a610/things/5c.jpg

(too big to post)

And we got rid of 1 and 2 cent pieces, we just round everything to the nearest 5 cents.

The US should have dropped the 1¢ coin a long time ago. Also, the $1 bill should have switched over to a coin only or the bill should be made from a polymer material to last longer.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

We should just use poker chips as currency.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just put all the presidents on the back. They're having a party.

Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch. ;)

Not so much with the beaver thing, but doesn't the EU have a 2 Euro coin?

Yes there is a ?2 coin. You can see the reverses here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E2%82%AC2

coins-web.jpg

Wow, the front looks just like our £1 coin. B)

6893352392_587cf4e9eb_n.jpg

Archived