Future SOD Teams?

14er

Does anyone know what colleges will get new Nike SOD uniforms this year? I was looking through an Eastbay Team Sales catalog and on the page with the SOD uniform for high schools it said something like "join the madness" at the top with a banner of logos below it. All the logos were of big schools that are SOD and I believe in the order they became SOD. Duke and Michigan State were the last two. Anyone know if they're going to the new unis this year or if it was just a coincidence?

Nearly all schools who were still using the "collarbone" uniforms will be switching.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I believe the Illini might be but am unsure.

I believe they are too. I've seen their jerseys on clearance, which isn't surprising since the main jersey Nike produced was for Brian Randle and he graduated. But I've also been seeing the shorts on clearance a lot, which makes me think their getting new unis. If I see the owner of the store I shop at a lot I'll ask him. He usually tells me about the new Illinois stuff coming out 5-6 months in the future. I'm sure he's already ordered the jerseys and shorts for this coming season.

I can confirm Illinois SOD. I was at the photo shoot yesterday for the team.

I won't potentially get in any trouble by posting photos, but I think they look sharp.

They aren't perfect, but they cut out the major design problems that I had with the last set. I'd describe them as a combo of the last couple sets and the SOD standard.

One one hand, that means they feature that stupid dash of silver on the back of the shoulders. On the other hand, it means NIKE finally learned how to put actually side stripes on a jersey instead of thin piping that's practically on the back.

I have to say I really like Nike's SOD jerseys.

It's reinventing uniformity, in a good way, IMO.

I would have to say though, that West Virginia is one of the worst SOD sets, IMO.

(Many will disagree with me) but I just think it's totally unoriginal and very generic.

7498042_arizona_v_west_virginia_feature.jpg

NCAA%20Basketball%20Tournament%20Washington%20DC%20Second%203oK7d_I41_Um.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Any news if Alabama will get SOD?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Found new pics on Duke's roster. The jerseys look identical to last years, but the cut is different. They don't appear as tight as most SODs, but the shoulders are wider and the arm & neck holes are tighter. The arm trim looks a little thinner as well.

ONKIQJADIFNFVXG.20080911191731.jpg

ULRIPMWFKFJDILG.20080911191710.jpg

They don't appear as tight as most SODs, but the shoulders are wider and the arm & neck holes are tighter.

The Illini's are not nearly as tight as the first bunch either.

I'm not sure if that's a lack of perfect fitting with an expanded group of teams, or if that's an intentional change in technology.

Illini players were wearing their jerseys about the same as they would have worn the old ones, with a little bit of blouse around the shorts.

Latest SOD convert: Oklahoma State.

2860324379_0ab2b97fd5_o.jpg

Not too sure about the side-panel design there...but if you look hard enough, you'll see a little "OSU" logo on the 3/4 back of the left leg. Don't know what, if anything, is on the back yet, but if my eyes ain't tricking me, it looks like the little silver insert that's up there on the shoulders is orange on this one. Stay tuned.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I have to say I really like Nike's SOD jerseys.

It's reinventing uniformity, in a good way, IMO.

I would have to say though, that West Virginia is one of the worst SOD sets, IMO.

(Many will disagree with me) but I just think it's totally unoriginal and very generic.

7498042_arizona_v_west_virginia_feature.jpg

NCAA%20Basketball%20Tournament%20Washington%20DC%20Second%203oK7d_I41_Um.jpg

Hey now. Don't hate :P I'm a pretty big fan of the fact that they are so simple. (When I very first saw them, I thought, 'Why are they still wearing warm-ups while playing?' I guess they took some time to get used to.) I also like the divided name and the different colors. Ha. Actually writing that out makes me realize that sounds like bad design. But I don't know. Gut reaction? I really like them.

I've found that Mountaineers fans around here (the home state) generally like those uniforms. I think most people don't like the white ones because they are worn in place of the gold ones at home, and gold is the favored color among most fans. (Just don't get people started on those horrendous all-gold football uniforms. :wacko: ) Other than that, people I've talked to have no problems with them.

Lastly, I have to agree with you, LEWJ. SOD keeps things simple, but there's enough 'wiggle-room' in the template for at least some originality/differences.

Duke is still not wearing SOD - look carefully at the jerseys and they are still the style that predates SOD (but without the collarbones); though the cut does look slightly different than last year. Of course, Duke needs to go back to its traditional and vastly superior traditional blue and whites. It would also be nice is Nike hadn't turned Duke blue into a shade of purple....

Call it a hunch, but I smell new unis for Minnesota coming off the heels of Tubby's improvement of the program and the new look the football team sported this year.

The Gophers are getting new unis. You can see a tiny preview in the freshmen roster pictures. Here is a picture of Devoe Joseph with a new uni:

QELXVYTFXXBODET.20080904204000.jpg

Not sure if it is SOD or not.

Archived