Two New NBA Commemorative Logos for 2009

TruColor

The Clip-Show logo looks nice. It's a rather unique shape that will look good opposite the NBA logo. I love the 2 and 5 together, it works well. I would have considered changing out the script at the top to a block font though, the angled script looks odd at the top of a rounded shape like that. They also incorporated the years very nicely.

The Wolves logo is a complete failure IMO. Firstly, the text around the circle is waaaaay too tiny to be reproduced well on a patch. So is the NBA logo, for that matter. Secondly, every text section is presented in a different way, which is bad. You have 4 different styles of type with what appears to be 3 different fonts. Bad idea. Lastly, no Green?!

Something is wrong with the Clippers one...

...hmmm...

...oh, that's it.

There. Fixed it.

LosAngelesClippers_25Seasons_2009_S.png

Well, at least it's accurate. :P

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Seems redundant to have "twentieth season" in the top portion of the Minnesota commemorative logo when "20 Seasons" is smack dab in the center of the design. Perhaps the type following the curve at the top of the logo wouldn't have to be so microscopic if it were limited to simply "Minnesota Timberwolves."

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Seems redundant to have "twentieth season" in the top portion of the Minnesota commemorative logo when "20 Seasons" is smack dab in the center of the design. Perhaps the type following the curve at the top of the logo wouldn't have to be so microscopic if it were limited to simply "Minnesota Timberwolves."

The T-Wolves' one is redundant and repulsive. Thrown together pile of escriment.

The Clippers one is rather basic and simple, like their current branding. Fits well. I likes.

Of course, the current montra applies to BOTH:

"Still better than the Thunder OKC piece of s**t."

campbell1_200_8990.jpg

Gross. Send those things back to high school.

Agreed!

I hate those things. Looks like a generic jersey you would find at K-Mart.

You mean that that isn't where they got them?

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

they both have too much going on. neither are appropriate for a jersey patch. i do like the clips interlocking 25, but the eye doesnt focus on one thing in particular(the same could be said for the wolves). another example of why they need a primary logo and not a series of wordmarks.

I agree with most everybody here on the logos. Uninspired. An Minnesota couldn't incorporate their sharpest look ever, the original logo, into this? At least Sacramento threw in the old columbia blue and red into their anniversary logo.

I hope that since it is an anniversary year for the Wolves they will start wearing throwback jerseys.

campbell1_200_8990.jpg

AGREED!!!! That is what a basketball uniform should look like!

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Archived