MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*crickets*

uh....Phillies won 3-2

Dude, hockey season started tonight. You can't possibly expect anyone here to care about baseball when HOCKEY IS BACK!!!

And don't you forget that.

I haven't forgotten the Caps losing game 7 at home in OT :P

I thought this game had so much promise when Manny homered, and both teams were into their bullpens.

But it's been so boring since then.

edit: At least Lidge is making things interesting...

edit again: lol @ Nomar's at bat

IUe6Hvh.png

edit again: lol @ Nomar's at bat

A very Soriano-like at bat to end the game in Philadelphia this afternoon. Nomar more than likely lost a starting spot in Game 3 after that AB.

And as far as TBS goes, if Brian Engblom can shop off the ol' mullet, then Dennis Eckersley sure as hell can. Let it go, Eck. Let it go...

Edit: And I know I'm chiming in a bit late here, but I'm going with a Dodgers/Rays World Series prediction since I was 0-for with my LDS picks. (In other words, fully expect for the WS to be Philly/Boston.)

6uXNWAo.png

Pitchers duel in Tampa. After Shields works out of a two on, no out jam in the top of the inning, Dice-K works out of a runners at the corner with no outs jam to mantain a 1-0 lead.

In wondering what annoys me more, Frank TV commercials on TBS or Tim McCarver's commentary on FOX, I've realized there haven't been nearly as many Frank TV commercials... it's been nice. Still can't answer my own question, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm gonna be straight here: Terry Francona, what in the living hell are you doing sending Daisuke Matsuzaka onto the mound to start the 8th inning? He who averages, what, 18 pitches/inning and who already had 109 pitches. He who almost never lasts past 6 innings. Meanwhile there has not been a game since Monday hence the bullpen is as rested as you can possibly be.

Why, Terry, why?

Fake edit: Phew, thanks J-Master. I almost had a heart attack on the Pena swing off Okie.

Why the F isn't the ALCS on a real channel?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I finally figured out why I hate having baseball on TBS. It's the 9th inning right now between the Red Sox and Rays, and when batters step up to the plate, they have the information for what happened in their last at-bats. Unfortunately, I don't know what the hell any of it means. Sure I know was "BB" and "1B" mean, but what the heck is "F9" and "G9" and all that crap? Just write out in a short three word sentence what happened.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

I finally figured out why I hate having baseball on TBS. It's the 9th inning right now between the Red Sox and Rays, and when batters step up to the plate, they have the information for what happened in their last at-bats. Unfortunately, I don't know what the hell any of it means. Sure I know was "BB" and "1B" mean, but what the heck is "F9" and "G9" and all that crap? Just write out in a short three word sentence what happened.

I think that's a pretty cool touch because I understand all that, but I understand why some people wouldn't like it and understand it.

Ballgame! Red Sox win! Tomorrow's just about a must win for Tampa with Lester toeing the rubber in game three.

IUe6Hvh.png

F9 is a fly out to right field and G9 is a ground out to right field.

Okay, I just read a story about Mattingly and his help as batting coach with the Dodgers and I sit there and watch Nomar and Kemp flail away at sliders away from them. It doesn't take a brain child to know that Lidge is going to throw a slider down and away and both of them are pulling off the ball looking for something inside. Obviously these two need hitting sessions with Kirk Gibson on how to sit on a pitcher's pitch. I'm not saying that they could've hit the slider, but just don't flail away at it hoping somehow that a slider from a righthander is going to miraculously somehow move up and in on you. UGH!!! :cursing:

Yeah, Nomar's at-bat, especially, was laughable.

Can't wait until game two of this Rays/Sox series. Who knows what to make of Dice-K? I've figured all year he's not as good as his numbers indicate because he doesn't get far into games, and I stand by that, but this guy is an enigma of a pitcher if I've ever seen one -- his ability to lack any semblance of control for batters at a time, and then suddenly make the perfect pitch to get out of a jam is remarkable. The fact that opposing batters are 0-14 against him with the bases loaded this year is insane. But he makes even the great starts like he had tonight frustrating to watch.

That said... huge win, tonight. Especially not knowing what you're going to get out of Beckett in game two. Facing a series deficit is something that's new to these Rays -- I'll be interested in seeing how they respond. Like jkr said, they looked like they were pressing a bit late in game one. Certainly not a must win game, but facing an 0-2 deficit with a trip to Boston and Jon Lester -- it's one they need to have, in my opinion.

IUe6Hvh.png

I was at the Phillies game last night. Standing room only ticket. But that was the most fun i've ever had at a sporting event. The atmosphere there and the noise was incredible.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived