MLB 2009

mania

We had a previous thread about this, but I guess someone revealed some information that might get Chris in trouble, so the thread went bye-bye.

So for the sake of the thread, I want to ask that no one do the same for this.

The Rangers have confirmed a change, as we've talked about prior, with adding a red alternate, bringing the red cap back into circulation, along with a general "tweaking", as it's been called, including a rumor of putting Texas on every jersey front.

The Devil Rays are rumored to be either adding an alternate, putting Tampa Bay on the roads, or both.

Anything else?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We had a previous thread about this, but I guess someone revealed some information that might get Chris in trouble, so the thread went bye-bye.

So for the sake of the thread, I want to ask that no one do the same for this.

The Rangers have confirmed a change, as we've talked about prior, with adding a red alternate, bringing the red cap back into circulation, along with a general "tweaking", as it's been called, including a rumor of putting Texas on every jersey front.

The Devil Rays are rumored to be either adding an alternate, putting Tampa Bay on the roads, or both.

Anything else?

Fixed. ^_^

The Orioles are reportedly returning "Baltimore" to their road jerseys. I just revived an old thread on that asking if anyone has heard anything recently.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I heard rumors the Nationals are going to a cream color home jersey with the 'DC" on the left chest and a slight change on the wordmark on their road unis. Supposedly, their primary colors would be navy on both home and road. and the pretzel like "W" on the hats will be ditched, replaced with a navy cap with the "DC" logo for their home and road uniforms. An owner of a local pro shop told me about this, but it's just a rumor. Otherwise, I don't know about any changes for next season.

That runs counter to every indication that the Lerners (foolishly) love red and the Curly W: it's all over Nationals Park, down to the wrought-iron gates.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That runs counter to every indication that the Lerners (foolishly) love red and the Curly W: it's all over Nationals Park, down to the wrought-iron gates.

As well as the pretzels.

The only change I can think of for the Nationals is adding a white hat. No information, but I've got a hunch.

Even if they did go with the superior, package-completing Interlocking DC, selling Curly W pretzels would be a clever touch. Maybe the Cubs could sell C burgers: the pinkhats would find it so cute, they wouldn't even notice the burger is missing about 30% of the meat.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm just curious, as a long-time board member and someone who works online for a living.

How can MLB, the NFL, the NBA, the NHL, etc. shut the site down? They don't own Chris, they don't own the board.

All the leagues really can do is tighten their own internal security, making it harder for info to get leaked.

Or are we talking cease and desist stuff because it's intellectual property of a league, team, etc.

Individuals like the Poster Formerly Known as PANTONE (sorry, I havent' checked the posts lately) can see their relationships with insider friends go by the wayside, and that's understandable. Even if it's not PANTONE posting the info - and I give him credit for not leaking this stuff - it could come back to him having that privileged info.

Even if they did go with the superior, package-completing Interlocking DC, selling Curly W pretzels would be a clever touch. Maybe the Cubs could sell C burgers: the pinkhats would find it so cute, they wouldn't even notice the burger is missing about 30% of the meat.

So it'd be like a Pac-Man Pizza?

Or are we talking cease and desist stuff because it's intellectual property of a league, team, etc.

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

But if this board is based in Canada, is Chris protected from the U.S. Trademark and Patent police?

Don't worry - I don't have a bombshell of a new logo or anything like that to unveil, and I'd hate to see anything bad happen to the board. I'd cry if it was ever shut down.

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

But if this board is based in Canada, is Chris protected from the U.S. Trademark and Patent police?

Not at all... besides the board is hosted in the United States.

Anyways, I have no intention of getting on any of the bad sides of the leagues; we try to nip these things before we get to the point of the official letter.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Even if they did go with the superior, package-completing Interlocking DC, selling Curly W pretzels would be a clever touch.

The pretzels at Nationals Park are shaped like a curly W. I'm pretty sure the curly-W pretzels are the only reason my wife was willing to go to the last six of the eight games we attended this year.

And this is from statements Stan Kasten has made to the press, so it shouldn't trigger any board shutdown, but the word is that the Nats are likely to dump the DC from their alt jerseys in favor of the curly W on November 5. No word on whether the DC is coming off the cap, too.

20082614447.png

Thanks Chris for the site and keeping on top of things. Back on topic though, I've heard that Retro anything, except for shirts and hats, are done for the Brewers in the future. Something I am hoping for is that MILWAUKEE returns to the road uni's.

packchampionslfroh.png

Even if they did go with the superior, package-completing Interlocking DC, selling Curly W pretzels would be a clever touch.

The pretzels at Nationals Park are shaped like a curly W. I'm pretty sure the curly-W pretzels are the only reason my wife was willing to go to the last six of the eight games we attended this year.

And this is from statements Stan Kasten has made to the press, so it shouldn't trigger any board shutdown, but the word is that the Nats are likely to dump the DC from their alt jerseys in favor of the curly W on November 5. No word on whether the DC is coming off the cap, too.

Good. Washington's is one of those uniform sets that seems to have gotten slightly worse year-by-year. The fact that their alternate features the DC logo on the cap, chest, and sleeve is but one of their issues.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm almost certain they're adding an alternate.

My sources (not insiders) indicate that they are not putting Tampa Bay on the roads. I hope they're wrong.

That would be a shame. I love the DC cap.

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

Me too. I can live with the W, and I understand why the ownership is focusing its branding on one icon instead of two. But still, I'd love to see a navy DC-logo cap become the standard road cap.

However, the Nats red alts with the DC logo are among the worst alt jerseys in all of professional baseball, from single-A all the way up, so I probably will not mind any change they make. Especially since putting a W on the left breast is the ultimate in Washington baseball tradition. But on the other other hand, the Nats have a curly W on their BP jerseys, and it's absolutely hideous. Too big and too far off to the left side, so that it disappears under most players' armpits. If they can't even get that right, I shouldn't hold out too much hope for a non-suck alt jersey.

Fingers crossed that Baltimore, Milwaukee, and Tampa Bay really do put their city names on their road jerseys. If Milwaukee does so, I might have to buy a jersey.

20082614447.png

Fingers crossed that Baltimore, Milwaukee, and Tampa Bay really do put their city names on their road jerseys. If Milwaukee does so, I might have to buy a jersey.

Well Baltimore seems to be a shoe-in to have the city added to the roads, and Tampa Bay has certainly had some rumblings in that area, but has there been anything at all from management of the Brewers that would hint at the possibility? All I've heard is the numerous supporters here, but nothing from anybody official. It would definately be a complete upgrade.

Archived