Best Buy new logo

BadSeed84

By the way, signage replacement takes a long time... our Applebee's and Wal*Mart (Walmart*) still have the old logos on their large, exterior signs. Even at that, I doubt I'll see the new logo any time soon.

Same here with the applebee's and walmarts.

Hell a few payless shoesources still have the old logo.

Only plausible way to replace the sogn is to put the new tag in its place.

Heck, you can still see the old brown Taco Bell signs at some of their locations, ten years or so after they officially switched to their current purple and white logo.

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
best_buy_logo_02.gif

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew...uys_new_tag.php

I'm gonna miss the big yellow tag, especially how it looked as a sign.

I like the new logo a bit, but the old one was soo recognizable.

Is it me, or does the new logo look alot like the Playstation font?

medium_logo-playstation.jpg

It's you.

Count me in as one of those that like the new logo. I've always thought that, from a pure design standpoint, the Best Buy logo was just plain ugly and not very well thought out. "Hey, let's just put our name on a price tag!" The new one at least tags that tag and turns it into an icon. The typography is much cleaner and more pleasant to look at. Huge upgrade, in my opinion.

The old one was iconic, but the text was pretty lousy. I saw the new one last month when I went to the new MOA store, surprised it took so long for others to pick up on the change. (I actually did a web search at the time, couldn't find anything.)

The new one is much cleaner, though the text is a little odd at points. I think the new tag has a lot of possibilities, but I wonder if it wouldn't be better served filled in.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The old one says, "solid". The new one says, "Generic store". The new one looks like a grocery store chain. Very much a downgrade. Just because you can change, doesn't mean you should.

I think the old one says "tacky electronics store where you can haggle." The new one comes across as more professional and respectable.

Not that I won't miss the old logo.

My thoughts exactly. The new logo still won't get me to shop there, but I think it is way more professional than the old one. The old one looks like the type of sign you'd see in those inner-city electronics & gold shops.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maybe I liked it cause its pretty darn close to the Bears font. :D

But seriously...it was a bad logo. It just had developed a good recognition around the country. Seems silly to throw that away when you're crushing Circuit City.

It's not the upgrade that bugs me but the execution. Specifically the tag. The old tag was flat on the end, the new one isjust comes to a point. The old tag was solid yellow, the new one is outline yellow. keep the iconic tag shape and keep it yellow and this one wins.

Looks similar to WalMart's new font. I guess its to make the tag by itself a brand identity like Target's bullseye.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Looks similar to WalMart's new font. I guess its to make the tag by itself a brand identity like Target's bullseye.

Exactly what I thought when I saw it.

BestBuyLogoNew.jpgwalmart_detail.gif

Both are generic, uninspired, unimaginative, and boring. Thumbs down.

And to think how much they paid some marketing firm to develop this crap. :wacko:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

And to think how much they paid some marketing firm to develop this crap. :wacko:

Now I'm thinking they were both designed by the same dude. :mad:

temp.png

TorontoMapleLeafs1.png

The "new" Best Buy font is for the new line of stores going in malls all across America...presumably to take out BB's mall-based competition (f.y.e, GameStop, etc.).

The "old" Best Buy logo will still be used for the big-box stores.

I think that is a good idea. The new logo is more of a mall-ish logo.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I like the new logo a lot.

The old one was an icon, but it was terrifying, when it comes to design.

The new one is crisp and clean, exactly the opposite of the old one.

But, I can see why Best Buy has chosen to keep the big tag (& old logo) on all the stores, probably because 95% of human beings out there don't think like us. :P

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Add this new one to:

lg_bell.gif

:blink:

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived