Best Buy new logo

BadSeed84

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not bad at all, but with such a recognizable brand, why is this necessary?

Exactly!

I grew up on the old logo, but will the new logo go on the stores? Because the old one was so big a recognizable from a decent distant away.

I think when I think of Best Buy, the big old yellow price tag will always come to mind.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

The tag was definitely a recognizable sign. I wonder how it will look on store fronts and driveway signs. How can you replace this? How will this look with the new logo?

best_buy_playbook.jpg

By the way, signage replacement takes a long time... our Applebee's and Wal*Mart (Walmart*) still have the old logos on their large, exterior signs. Even at that, I doubt I'll see the new logo any time soon.

The tag was definitely a recognizable sign. I wonder how it will look on store fronts and driveway signs. How can you replace this? How will this look with the new logo?

best_buy_playbook.jpg

By the way, signage replacement takes a long time... our Applebee's and Wal*Mart (Walmart*) still have the old logos on their large, exterior signs. Even at that, I doubt I'll see the new logo any time soon.

Same here with the applebee's and walmarts.

Hell a few payless shoesources still have the old logo.

Only plausible way to replace the sogn is to put the new tag in its place.

I could have mainly seen a font change to the current tag, maybe a blue border around it. The new logo does look more professional, yet at the same time, quite generic.

VmWIn6B.png

Not sure if its been discussed, but a Circuit City near me has a sign that's the Circuit City logo but instead says "The City" with Circuit City under it. found this on Wikipedia:

In 2007, new store formats include a 20,000 square foot store aimed to eliminate previously under-utilized space known as The City. All new store openings in 2008 will be in this new store format and significantly changes the experience traditionally found in Circuit City stores.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

The old one says, "solid". The new one says, "Generic store". The new one looks like a grocery store chain. Very much a downgrade. Just because you can change, doesn't mean you should.

I think the old one says "tacky electronics store where you can haggle." The new one comes across as more professional and respectable.

Not that I won't miss the old logo.

unnecessary, but i quite like it. looks much more professional.

on a side note, i actually really dig that "web 2.0" abc logo.

Ha! I just noticed they put in AT&T's new logo as a web 2.0 logo in there. I find that funny for some reason.

I'm okay with the new logo (mainly b/c I don't shop at Best Buy anymore so I don't have any sort of attachment to the old one), although I will admit it's less recognizable. Reminds me a lot of Walmart's redesign.

Archived