Visalia Oaks now Visalia Rawhide

TBGKon

I can see changing the colors to reflect the D-Backs but what was the point of the name change?

Rawhide would fit if the team was located in Arizona, Texas or Oklahoma.

Well to be perfectly honest, California does have its redneck :censored:-kicker populous, most of which is in the San Joaquin Valley.

Where is Visalia again? Oh that's right...... ^_^

California does but it's not well known for that. Yee Haw!!! :P

Real California cowpokes don't eat brisket......

they eat tri-tip........and tacos,....off the truck

Culinary opinions aside, you are right on tri-tip (or sirloin tips in the NE), but I think that a squirrel is whimsical enough for minor league teams. Minor league teams can and should be more whimsical and fun. Major league teams can "be tougher".

Now, Visalia is basically in the same market as a AAA team in the Fresno Grizzlies, who changed and tried to go "tougher" last year. It could just be the need to get tougher, but it could also to get more $$$ of of making it more "gang affiliated". Those who have spent time in Central CA will know what I am talking about (In short, there gang in Fresno called the "Bulldogs" and they are so prevalent that in certain school districts, Fresno State apparel is not allowed.)

I really shouldn't be surprised at this move. I spent 3 years trying to get on as a broadcaster for this organization, and was strung along for a while during two of them, and was obviously turned away all 3. The first one, there was so much front office drama that it should have tipped me off...and were it not for a slowplay by Tom Seidler and the other acting powers-that-be, I would have "lucked into" the VP of Broadcasting position; I would have been the number two guy when the number one had a run in with the law 10 days into the season. However, they passed on hiring me or anyone else prior to the season...and apparently had to scramble around for the two ultimate replacements.

This identity switch just proves again that they are clueless. Btw, I believe the squirrel was the main focus of their previous identity and branding (no pun intended) with the mad acorn as an alt/secondary logo.

Also, as odd as it may seem, I rather like this new identity (except for the nickname)...if it weren't for this team. A new Texas League, Midwest, or Golden League team? Sure, just change the name from Rawhide to something like Rustlers, Wranglers, Wild, Stampede(rs), etc., and it's golden. The color scheme looks solid and well executed, the logo and wordmark are very sharp, and even "Tipper" the mascot is well designed and fairly cleverly named. As said, it's all very sharp.

However, it doesn't work for Tulare County, CA; it isn't good enough to replace the history and all behind the Oaks name (and tho the identity was a bit cobbled together, the color scheme was unique); and the new nickname simply sucks.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Press release on MiLB

The reasoning behind choosing the nickname is weak at best. However, the article does point out that the area is dependent on the dairy industry.

The home and road uniforms are solid (tho the PDF mockup doesn't have the road cap right on the uniform illustration, but shows the different cap logos close up--an odd error to make)...however the BP is very phoned in. Unis are on page 3

Btw, this is a Studio Simon, for what it's worth. Dan's got some decent work here, considering what he had to work with.

Also, my favorite part of the article is the mention of Rec Park's promotional seating area:

The new Land O' Lakes Cowbell Section, (a group of 30 seats that each includes a free cowbell with ticket purchase) has been featured on Minor League Baseball's Business Blog.

Joke as you will.

Oh, and one more thing...there's a link on the press release page advertising for readers to get Oaks gear while they can...so there may be the answer you need, htd.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

BallparkWatch.com describes the identity's origins:

The new look from Dan Simon ties the team more closely the dairy industry of Tulare County: Dairy Day has become a top annual event for the team, and the Rawhide offers the Land O’ Lakes Cowbell Section, a group of 30 seats that each includes a free cowbell with each ticket purchase. When the current Recreation Park renovation project is completed by the end of the calendar year, a large red barn will sit beyond the right-center field fence, serving both as a groundskeeper’s shed and a salute to the dairy industry.

“We wanted to create a whole new identity that the people of this city could rally around and be proud of,” said team owner Tom Seidler. “We really feel that this name gives us a greater range of themes and tie-ins with the local community,” he said. “It invokes the agriculture and dairy industries’ prominence in Tulare County, it’s fun and family-oriented, and it even comes with a ready-made theme song. Not to mention that ‘Rawhide’ has always been a slang word in baseball; both baseballs and baseball gloves are made of rawhide."

Bart Starr called. he's glad they didn't use a horseshoe.

Yay for Sconnie in-humour!!!

I don't have much to say about the topic that hasn't already been said. Would like it better if it was "Rawhides," sad to see a historic name like Oaks have to go... blah blah blah...

Here's the enlarged version of the jersey logo

rawhidelogo.gif

I like it - Where's Indiana Jones? Shouldn't he be part of the logo?

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I LIKE THE "V" CAP

JUST NOT THE NAME

If you look on the left side of your keyboard, you'll see three keys that are wider than most of the keys in that region; from top to bottom, they are "Tab," "Caps Lock" and "Shift."

If you press just once on the "Caps Lock" key, you'll find that the text you type no longer appears in all capital letters, which makes it seem (at least on the internet) that you are shouting at everyone. Please, give it a try.

Also, immediately after clicking on the "Post Reply" button, you'll find that a screen loads with a large white text box. Sometimes there is quoted text in the box, sometimes not; it really depends on whether you're replying or quoting the post immediately above yours. Feel free to type with proper capitalization and punctuation, without hitting 'Return' (Or 'Enter') ever few words; this screen features an automatic word wrap function, which means that if a word looks like it may not fit on the line upon which it currently resides, it will automatically drop down to the next. Keen, huh?

Please take this to heart.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I like this identity. I agree that it is replacing an already solid name like the "Oaks" though. Had this been an expansion team, I would really feel more strongly. I woukld prefer to see the roads have "Visalia" in the same matching script as "Rawhide". The "V" would match the "R whip" well when flipped and altered. The loop might need to be above the script.

I LIKE THE "V" CAP

JUST NOT THE NAME

If you look on the left side of your keyboard, you'll see three keys that are wider than most of the keys in that region; from top to bottom, they are "Tab," "Caps Lock" and "Shift."

If you press just once on the "Caps Lock" key, you'll find that the text you type no longer appears in all capital letters, which makes it seem (at least on the internet) that you are shouting at everyone. Please, give it a try.

Also, immediately after clicking on the "Post Reply" button, you'll find that a screen loads with a large white text box. Sometimes there is quoted text in the box, sometimes not; it really depends on whether you're replying or quoting the post immediately above yours. Feel free to type with proper capitalization and punctuation, without hitting 'Return' (Or 'Enter') ever few words; this screen features an automatic word wrap function, which means that if a word looks like it may not fit on the line upon which it currently resides, it will automatically drop down to the next. Keen, huh?

Please take this to heart.

Maybe he meant to type in all-caps. Maybe the Visalia Rawhide really excited him.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...
Bart Starr called. he's glad they didn't use a horseshoe.

Yay for Sconnie in-humour!!!

I don't have much to say about the topic that hasn't already been said. Would like it better if it was "Rawhides," sad to see a historic name like Oaks have to go... blah blah blah...

yeh, i guess that one had everybody who aint from here scratchin their heads. that was the first thing that came to mind though, the second being all them Rosen commercials.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived