OF THE AF2 TRI-CITIES FEVER

HOWS THAT FOR A BAD NAME

THE BULLFROGS UNIFORMS AND LOGO ARE GREAT

SEND IT TO THEM

ID LOVE TO SEE THE BULLFROGS PLAYING HERE IN TOWN

EVERYONE...GO TO THE SITE AND VOTE FOR THE FROGS

I DID

caps-lock.jpg

Last time I checked, this was a sports logo board...Why is everyone suddenly more willing to talk about a caps lock controversy than a cool, unique new logo?

I think you should be patient. It's a minor league logo for a 3rd tier football league.

As for the logo, I abandoned hope a long time ago for "seriousness" out of anybody wanting to join the arena family. The Zubaz 90s era are what everyone seems to think of when they see the word arena.

Sergeant Bullfrog does look pretty tough, though.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

colors - great

bullfrog script - really nice, although i'm not sure about the "mud" effect

bullfrog - pretty badass

football uniform - not sure it's necessary, but it doesn't ruin the identity

Personally, I think a football uniform is absolutely necessary for a football team.

I AM A SEASON TICKET HOLDER

HOWS THAT FOR A BAD NAME

SEND IT TO THEM

I DID

Fever Believer? You sure type like him.

What say you, Ewok?

It's where I sit.

I AM A SEASON TICKET HOLDER

HOWS THAT FOR A BAD NAME

SEND IT TO THEM

I DID

caps-lock.jpg

I ignore the man purely for the fact that he refuses to turn off his caps lock key, and you go and quote the post.

That being said, I'm totally stealing that image.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

My first thoughts: to quote the great C. Montgomery Burns..."I know what I hate...and I don't hate this."

However, the more I see, the more I like it. The array of logos is visible on the unveiling video on the site...Solid job by Plan B. The logos are all pretty well executed, including the primary, "Bubba," and the not-mentioned solid alternate of just frog eyes above water. I love the helmet sticker being a dragonfly splatter, but the execution is a bit odd...especially working in the football into it, and especially at the size it will wind up scaled down to. While I'm sure it will be barely used, the shield is pretty cool (though I'm usually a sucker for a shield logo), but the "B" logo looks a tad busy, to say the least.

The identity keeps growing on me. The execution is solid, and everything about it works in the local landscape. If you read on their site, the "Frogtown" history of the city gives the identity a great deal of relevance, and if you click on the store link and look in the background, you can see how well the name and script works with the sister teams of Toledo--Mud Hens and Walleye. The color scheme seems relatively unique too...curious to see the uniforms.

So far...I'll give it an A. Not perfect, but far better than most things tossed out there...and surprisingly thought out as well. (Now there's a novel idea!)

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Oh, and I almost forgot...the team site has some of the more "amusing" suggestions that they passed on...

Ah, the Cow Killers and Beanie Wellzers. Got to love the af2.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Name's been chosen...

Allow me to introduce the Toledo Bullfrogs!

Here's the logo:

ZIXNVYYKRLEQYTQ.20081118162701.jpg

Debate starts in 3-2-1...

Awesome logo! Good work Toledo! That frog looks unreal!

I checked out the rest of the identity and it looks great! A lot of different marks that work well together to create the general identity of the club. One of the better logos I have seen released recently.

I'm waiting for them to take some sort of the Green Bay Bullfrogs slogan

Grip it and Ribbit

I really didn't want to like this, but it's ok. I am awaiting, however, the almost guaranteed gripes that will come when the logo isn't wearing the team's helmet.

It's where I sit.

There is a lot I like about this, however I can't get over the fact that I see a really ugly human wearing a helmet as opposed to a bullfrog. I know it's supposed to be a frog, and I see all of the elements that make it a frog, but whenever I look at it I just see an ugly person with a big jaw.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived