Toronto Maple Leafs Concept

speedy

Well it's been quite some time since I've done an NHL concept here on the boards, and after looking over Neon's gripes about the 35-point leaf, to which I fully agreed, I decided to tweak the leaf a bit more. I mostly just changed the font, as well as evening the outlines around the entire leaf. There's a few other subtle changes I'm sure Leaf's fans will notice. A few more things here are a new word mark, and alternate logos. To be honest, the font Toronto has used since 1970 just seemed dated. So I synced all the font's to match the leaf logo. As for the alternate leaf logo, this could be extremely hit or miss with you fans, just trying something new.

LeafsLogos.png

Now onto the jerseys, when I first signed up to the CCSLC I created a design very similar to this, and it was well received. However, after looking at the first designed I saw little things that bothered me so after touching those up, this is what came off the assembly line. I never understood why the Leafs only matched the sock striping to the jersey striping for a few years way back when, and then discarded it.

LeafsUniforms.png

C&C always greatly appreciated..

classic.

i never understood why they stopped matching the sock stripes up either!!

great look, I love it.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I love everything except for that secondary logo... maybe try just the text on the helmet or a silhouette of the leaf on the helmet.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I like this a lot.

You kept it traditional without getting boring.

Great job.

(One question, why are the cuff colorings different sizes on each jersey? Was it intentional.)

A+

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I looked at these for 20 minutes before posting. The only thing I don't like is the different sized cuffs. I don't mind the alternate logo, but i'd rather see it as a script logo. You should put maple and leafs on the same line though, it would look more balanced then. BTW, LOVE the added serifs, they make it look so classy!

As for the jerseys...I WANT ONE!!! I'd pay lots of money for one of the white ones! If there is a way you can get that made, I will buy one from you...$150+ I am serious...pm me if it's possible.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

(One question, why are the cuff colorings different sizes on each jersey? Was it intentional.)

Yes, it was intentional. Normally on RBK Edge jerseys, the dark colored cuffs on away sweaters are unusually large, (see Boston, Toronto alt.) but on the homes, they are non existent. However, the Leafs have had white cuffs for as long as I can remember, and I wanted to keep that tradition. But, I didn't want to have the white cuffs extend so far as to where it looked ridiculous with dark gloves. I don't know, weird rational but do ya get what I'm sayin'?

I disagree with whomever suggested ditching the outline on the numbers, I think it's perfectly matched to the striping. What's not perfectly matched are the socks--the arms have two stripes, so why three on the socks?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yes, it was intentional. Normally on RBK Edge jerseys, the dark colored cuffs on away sweaters are unusually large, (see Boston, Toronto alt.) but on the homes, they are non existent. However, the Leafs have had white cuffs for as long as I can remember, and I wanted to keep that tradition. But, I didn't want to have the white cuffs extend so far as to where it looked ridiculous with dark gloves. I don't know, weird rational but do ya get what I'm sayin'?

Ohhh. Yea that makes sense.

Thanks for clearing that up.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The 3 stripes on the socks are tradition. Its been with the Leafs since they entered the NHL except for when they wore those ugly jersyes with the blue sleeves and white body and vice versa (back in the Salming days)

beLEAF

• 3 weeks later...
Well it's been quite some time since I've done an NHL concept here on the boards, and after looking over Neon's gripes about the 35-point leaf, to which I fully agreed, I decided to tweak the leaf a bit more. I mostly just changed the font, as well as evening the outlines around the entire leaf. There's a few other subtle changes I'm sure Leaf's fans will notice. A few more things here are a new word mark, and alternate logos. To be honest, the font Toronto has used since 1970 just seemed dated. So I synced all the font's to match the leaf logo. As for the alternate leaf logo, this could be extremely hit or miss with you fans, just trying something new.

LeafsLogos.png

Now onto the jerseys, when I first signed up to the CCSLC I created a design very similar to this, and it was well received. However, after looking at the first designed I saw little things that bothered me so after touching those up, this is what came off the assembly line. I never understood why the Leafs only matched the sock striping to the jersey striping for a few years way back when, and then discarded it.

LeafsUniforms.png

C&C always greatly appreciated..

Great classic look. I've always been a fan of the old style Maple Leaf logo. Great uniforms.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Archived