Well at least Oklahoma knows!

bigcoyotes

This is common practice in the sports-memorabilia world. They have a small run of t-shirts made up with all of the different options of game winners and/or potential matchups that ensue, that way the players and coaches can have something to wear on the field when they win.

Sigs are for sissies.

This is common practice in the sports-memorabilia world. They have a small run of t-shirts made up with all of the different options of game winners and/or potential matchups that ensue, that way the players and coaches can have something to wear on the field when they win.

But I don't think they would usually have it in the team store before they knew for sure.

MegatronSig2.jpg

It's practically a sure thing. I'm sure if it was a situation like last year, where nobody was really sure who'd end up at #2 until the rankings were released, this wouldn't be the case -- but there's not really any doubt as to who will be playing for the National Championship. In this case, the only way I really see it being an issue would be if it said #1 Oklahoma vs. #2 Florida, or vice versa.

IUe6Hvh.png

They certainly wouldn't wear those shirts if they won, though.

yet again I'm gonna say the BCS is a flaw and it has to go.

Alabama is gonna go more than likely to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl now and Mizzou will probably go to the Alamo Bowl. Alabama should be in some consideration for a BCS At-Large bid but it is probably NOT goingn to happen because of the ass kicking they got last night

Alabama is gonna go more than likely to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl now and Mizzou will probably go to the Alamo Bowl. Alabama should be in some consideration for a BCS At-Large bid but it is probably NOT goingn to happen because of the ass kicking they got last night

I beg to differ, I think that 'Bama will go to the Sugar and play either Cincinnati (or whoever won the Big East) or Utah. That would make the two team max from the SEC with Florida and 'Bama.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Coming into this weekend's conference championship games, the polls had a top 4 of: Alabama (4336 pts), Florida (4004), Texas (3971) and Oklahoma (3966). That's a razor thin margin from 2-4. The computers had Oklahoma #1, Texas #2, Alabama #3, and Florida #6 (behind Texas Tech and Utah). So, Oklahoma's definitely going to remain #1 with the computers. Florida will probably be #1 in the poll average (the polls make up 2/3 of the BCS formula) and they'll probably be either 2 or 3 in the computers, so I'd say they're all but in. Since the Sooners will probably be #2 in the poll average, to go with all that #1 computer love, they're all but in, too.

I just don't see any possibility for Texas (or anyone else).

As much as I wanted Texas to get in the BCS 'ship, I can't say I'll be disappointed with the OU-Florida matchup (on paper).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

? Alabama will be playing in the Sugar Bowl, and the NC will be #1 Oklahoma vs. #2 Florida.

For all of you saying the BCS needs to go, I would argue that it is stronger than the last system, and a playoff is obviously something that the AD's will not let happen. For Texas fans... yes, you beat Oklahoma, but why is the concept of a three-way tie so hard to understand? Three teams went 11-1, 7-1 (prior to last night), and all were 1-1 against each other. So head-to-head is thrown out and it comes down to determining the best team some other way. A combination of humans and computers determined it to be Oklahoma, and I agree. Texas should have beat Texas Tech if they wanted to go to the NC... The only beef I have is that all human votes should always be made public...

? Alabama will be playing in the Sugar Bowl, and the NC will be #1 Oklahoma vs. #2 Florida.

For all of you saying the BCS needs to go, I would argue that it is stronger than the last system, and a playoff is obviously something that the AD's will not let happen. For Texas fans... yes, you beat Oklahoma, but why is the concept of a three-way tie so hard to understand? Three teams went 11-1, 7-1 (prior to last night), and all were 1-1 against each other. So head-to-head is thrown out and it comes down to determining the best team some other way. A combination of humans and computers determined it to be Oklahoma, and I agree. Texas should have beat Texas Tech if they wanted to go to the NC... The only beef I have is that all human votes should always be made public...

Why should losing by 6 on the road in the final minute hurt a team more than losing by 10 on a neutral site?

Why should losing by 6 on the road in the final minute hurt a team more than losing by 10 on a neutral site?

Ex-actly.

Ex-actly.

Ah, that's my favorite argument. Again, there are three teams involved. If you go by the +/- of all three games, guess what? Oklahoma's is highest. Even factoring in some kind of ridiculous home/road/neutral factor... Why should Texas get in over Oklahoma when Oklahoma had a better point margin against the other two tied teams?

I'm sorry Texas, but there is no perfect way to do this, and you can't agree to the rules before the season, and then complain when they don't favor you. I have NO horse in this race, but the things I hear Texas fans saying are just ridiculous...

Why should winning by 44 count less than losing by 10? Again, I'll ask the question that someone asked earlier... how is the concept of a three way tie so difficult to understand? Texas lost to Texas Tech -- I don't see anyone arguing for Texas Tech.

IUe6Hvh.png

Why should winning by 44 count less than losing by 10? Again, I'll ask the question that someone asked earlier... how is the concept of a three way tie so difficult to understand? Texas lost to Texas Tech -- I don't see anyone arguing for Texas Tech.

Which team lost earliest?

As they say, it's better to lose earlier than later.

6fQjS3M.png

Well, Texas has a teency tiny itty bitty teeny weeny chance to get into the title game....

If the basic formula for the BCS wasn't widely known, the BCS championship game would almost certainly be a rematch of Oklahoma vs. Texas. The only reason so many pollsters voted Florida #1 and Oklahoma #2 is because they know Texas' strength of schedule is much more impressive than Florida's because the SEC was weak this year. Alabama had no business being No. 1 last week, considering how Utah is also undefeated (and the Utes have three current Top 25 victories compared to only one, an overrated Georgia team, for Alabama). Voters don't want to see a re-match so they're over-ranking Florida in order to squeeze Texas out.

I wish we could get the rematch. Not because I necessarily think Texas is more deserving than Florida or anyone else of a shot at Oklahoma (who is clearly the best team in the country right now). I want the rematch because most people wouldn't like it and it would set up a chance for a title potentially disputed up to four ways (Texas/Oklahoma, USC/Penn State, Utah and Florida), since the bowl pairings would give Florida a chance to claim the AP title regardless of the BCS championship result and even more teams to claim it if Texas were to beat OU.

The more chaotic and unsatisfying result each year, the more likely those greedy jerks will FIX the system and give us the playoffs we all want.

Tech was ahead for pretty much the entire game. It wasn't a come-from-behind victory that was won in the final minute. Tech was the better team that day.

Well, Texas has a teency tiny itty bitty teeny weeny chance to get into the title game....

If the basic formula for the BCS wasn't widely known, the BCS championship game would almost certainly be a rematch of Oklahoma vs. Texas. The only reason so many pollsters voted Florida #1 and Oklahoma #2 is because they know Texas' strength of schedule is much more impressive than Florida's because the SEC was weak this year. Alabama had no business being No. 1 last week, considering how Utah is also undefeated (and the Utes have three current Top 25 victories compared to only one, an overrated Georgia team, for Alabama). Voters don't want to see a re-match so they're over-ranking Florida in order to squeeze Texas out.

I wish we could get the rematch. Not because I necessarily think Texas is more deserving than Florida or anyone else of a shot at Oklahoma (who is clearly the best team in the country right now). I want the rematch because most people wouldn't like it and it would set up a chance for a title potentially disputed up to four ways (Texas/Oklahoma, USC/Penn State, Utah and Florida), since the bowl pairings would give Florida a chance to claim the AP title regardless of the BCS championship result and even more teams to claim it if Texas were to beat OU.

The more chaotic and unsatisfying result each year, the more likely those greedy jerks will FIX the system and give us the playoffs we all want.

Except for the fact that Florida may beat Oklahoma. Two years ago, everyone wanted Ohio State and Michigan on the premise they were the two best teams in the country. Then Florida went out and routed Ohio State.

Archived