Red Sox new logo

Patsfan99

What color are the sox of the Chicago White Sox? White? No. They are Black. As far as I'm concerned, no one ever complained about them. :rolleyes:

As far as you're concerned, are the Expos still in Montreal? Because if we're only going by how concerned you are, there's a lot more leeway than there is in reality.

Given the team's history, the White Sox wearing black socks is even dumber than the Red Sox wearing navy socks. But at least the uniforms look good. The Red Sox new roads not only contradict the team name, they also look like :censored:.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What color are the sox of the Chicago White Sox? White? No. They are Black. As far as I'm concerned, no one ever complained about them. :rolleyes:

As far as you're concerned, are the Expos still in Montreal? Because if we're only going by how concerned you are, there's a lot more leeway than there is in reality.

Given the team's history, the White Sox wearing black socks is even dumber than the Red Sox wearing navy socks. But at least the uniforms look good. The Red Sox new roads not only contradict the team name, they also look like :censored:.

Okay, I will admit that I did not read the pages back in this thread where people complained about the black socks. Now I may be wrong but I have a feeling people are going to complain about the Red Sox new aesthetics crisis for a much longer time. I just have trouble comprehending why one team almost gets away with it while another team takes most of the heat. How is that fair?

And the Red Sox new look may have looked better with some additional red, but the blue sox and undershirt go well together with the blueless road jerseys (excluding the red shoulder patch). I don't know what to compare them to, but I definitely don't picture them as a pile of :censored:.

Okay, I will admit that I did not read the pages back in this thread where people complained about the black socks. Now I may be wrong but I have a feeling people are going to complain about the Red Sox new aesthetics crisis for a much longer time. I just have trouble comprehending why one team almost gets away with it while another team takes most of the heat. How is that fair?

The answer is: the one team does not almost get away with it. Your basic premise is false.

I'm sure you're aware that the shiny penny gets the most notice. Considering the Black Sox have had that sock problem for twenty years, they take a relatively large amount of grief for it here.

Most of the players don't wear their socks as high as Brad Penny, of course, but.....

ANS102041117_800x600.jpg

...red socks, red undershirt, and new uniform -- any good?

I think it would of looked perfect with a red outline around Boston and the numbers, but other than that I like it.

As for the new hats... a nice fashion hat, but I don't think it will look good on the field.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The answer is: the one team does not almost get away with it. Your basic premise is false.

I'm sure you're aware that the shiny penny gets the most notice. Considering the Black Sox have had that sock problem for twenty years, they take a relatively large amount of grief for it here.

It's been more than 20 years for the White Sox having colored stirrups. Even before they switched to black, they had blue stirrups, and red before that. Back in the old days, yes, they had white socks.

I think the difference is that for team name accuracy, the White Sox would have to either wear white stirrups on white socks, or no stirrups at all (not sure that is allowed) and just white socks. I personally wouldn't mind either one, but the argument would be that would make them look different (odd) from every other team in baseball.

For the Red Sox to have team name accuracy, they just need to keep wearing red stirrups instead of blue.

Stirrups are not required - many players (including many Red Sox) wear solid socks, not stirrups.

The White Sox would look great with white socks.

Throw a black or even silver stripe or two on there, and yes indeedy. In fact, the White Sox are one of very few teams that could get away with solid-color pants, provided they wore white socks. Heck, they could wear solid black pants and black jerseys at home and look great doing it, if only they wore white socks.

20082614447.png

ugh, I finally got used to the red jerseys and then they ditch the piping to make them look even more BPish...

Seeing that pic of Pap should convince anyone that those hats need to go. They could at least be honest and put a big red dollar sign on it instead, I'd probably respect that more.

I don't mind the new home alts. I think they look better without the piping. The old ones looked too cluttered.

I completely disagree. The ones with the piping looked a million times better than these. As mentioned, these, and the new navy ones, look like dull BP jerseys. Definate downgrade on the alternate jersey front for the BoSox.

Why must the Sox have so many different jerseys???

I don't think that's the issue. I think it's the fact that they are now wearing the alts every Friday night as opposed to very rarely like in years past.

Oddly, the red jerseys don't seem to need red socks to me. Especially on the hat. That hat is :cursing: awful

I love the hat on its own and I wear it frequently because it looks good on me. However, it looks horrible on the field paired with those softball jerseys.

Oddly, the red jerseys don't seem to need red socks to me. Especially on the hat. That hat is :cursing: awful

I love the hat on its own and I wear it frequently because it looks good on me. However, it looks horrible on the field paired with those softball jerseys.

Exactly. It's a marvelous hat...just on a fan. On a player, it just looks out of place and doesn't go well with a uniform.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I don't mind the new home alts. I think they look better without the piping. The old ones looked too cluttered.

The Red Sox could serve you a bowl of crap, and you wouldn't just accept it, you'd take the ladle from their hand and give yourself more.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

ugh. that picture of pap looks soooo bush league....

can't help but think that these unis will be one of those things that they look back on in twenty years and say, "boy, that was kind of a bad decision at the time. we've never looked worse or more obvious in our ploy to convince people to shell out money for endless variations of red sox stuff." ugh. they don't even look like the red sox anymore....

Archived