Red Sox new logo

Patsfan99

The Sox wore navy undershirts and red socks for decades without it "clashing".

ted-williams.jpg

If they go back to those striped stirrups it won't look so bad, because the red is somewhat limited. But with solid red socks, it wouldn't look that great.

Exactly. If they reintroduced the striped navy/white/red stirrups or similarly patterned socks, it would look great. But the solid red socks will look out of place, IMO.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They introduced a new road uni is all, from the 80's, gray, with a dark blue "Boston" on the front.

Source?

Mark my words - the Red Sox will NEVER change their road uniforms, especially since they just won two championship in the current set.

<_<

:lol:

I put up a temp page of the new Red Sox graphics for fun:

Boston Red Sox Logos - 2009

Chris will have the rest of these up soon...

Very cool - thanks!

Maybe this was mentioned before, but I didn't notice it - they're going back to blue jackets? Big improvement - never liked the red ones.

And there's a red batting helmet for BP?

They will sport red jackets at home and blue on the road. Thats the way its been for a long long time. Not sure if you've noticed...many people don't realize it.

I'm an Angels fan and don't care about the Red Sox at all for many reasons, but why would the Bo Sox replace a road uniform they wore when they buried the curse of the Bambino, needless to say, won two World Series championships wearing it.

Maybe just maybe because the uniforms they wear on the field have little to nothing to do with their success then their performance does. Just a wild thought.

I know its an odd concept on a uniform board...but last time I checked defense wins championships, NOT uniforms.

Its hard to fathom, but it may just be true <_<

As I said in the MLB thread...

Nothing says RED Sox like subtracting red and adding blue.

This:

4yayDAVIS__1224464564_4084.jpg

+

This:

capt.2b734ce84f3449e4a1eeeb155cb2126f.red_sox_uniform_baseball_maea103.jpg

=

This:

sox%20logo%201.jpg

God, I love it when the Red Sox do something that sucks. :D

Problem with the logic...

...at least Boston can win. ;)

As I said in the MLB thread...

Nothing says RED Sox like subtracting red and adding blue.

This:

4yayDAVIS__1224464564_4084.jpg

+

This:

capt.2b734ce84f3449e4a1eeeb155cb2126f.red_sox_uniform_baseball_maea103.jpg

=

This:

sox%20logo%201.jpg

God, I love it when the Red Sox do something that sucks. :D

Problem with the logic...

...at least Boston can win. ;)

I can't stand the Yanks as much as the next guy, but there is a problem with your logic, the Yanks have won. There are about 26 reminders at the Yankees clubhouse if you've forgotten ^_^

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

They should have at least had a red outline around the letters. Every other one of their jerseys have outlines around the letters except this one. I know they wanted to make it a pseudo "throwback", but why would you want to harken back to the memories of Buckner? That's the first thing I think of when I see these plain road jerseys.

Also, I think they should've taken the name off these road unis, but that's just me.

I think it looks much better without the red outline.

While it would have been okay with me if they had gone nameless, I think too many people would have criticized them for being like the Yankees.

How about red with no trim then? Migh have looked nice.

Also, people forget that no names isn't a Yankees thing, it's an every team thing except the Yankees are the only ones who still do it (on their road jerseys anyway).

I'm curious to see these in action. If they wear red undershirts & red socks, the uniform change is an absolute improvement in my eyes.

If they wear navy undershirts & socks, it's an absolute downgrade.

But I like what I see so far.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have a problem with the road jersey (even though they look like the Yankees now). Why I failed to understand was why they made the pair of socks their primary logo. Their updated circle is now perfect but look what they did. It's a much stronger logo that represents a team a whole lot better. Why?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived