2009 NBA All-Star Jerseys

Jumpman085

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love parts of these but hate other parts. You can make a uniform look dynamic without using gradients and adding what looks like Teal to the Blue uniform and Orange to the White one. I'm okay with name under number for throwbacks and the ASG, but a team doing it full-time nowadays would look silly IMO. That's the WNBA's thing. Change the 3-stripes to some sort of piping design and make the gradient part a flat color and you have improved these a lot the way I see it. Overall though, I guess I like these. I might even buy one if the real ones look better than I expect.

not to mention they resemble the conference logo colors....

2995.gif

and

2996.gif

Good point. I like the idea of removing red altogether from the east jerseys. Seems like it was forced in years past.

However, I'd like to see a white east jersey and red west jersey sometime in the future. Since the switch to using an actual all-star jersey instead of having players wearing their team uniforms, it's always been the west in white and the east in blue with the exception of the retro uni's back in 2003 (atlanta all-star game).

Just something cool to point out.

Some of you may remember a while back when Paul Lukas did the NBA new uniforms on page 2. Well he mentioned that the Cavs would be doing some weird uniform promotion. Now, if you look closely at the first picture there (the one with the guy holding the West uniform) beside his left arm you can see the Hardwood Classic Cavaliers jersey, except, it's blue. No clue what that's about, but I'm guessing it's the weird promotion.

Just something cool to point out.

Some of you may remember a while back when Paul Lukas did the NBA new uniforms on page 2. Well he mentioned that the Cavs would be doing some weird uniform promotion. Now, if you look closely at the first picture there (the one with the guy holding the West uniform) beside his left arm you can see the Hardwood Classic Cavaliers jersey, except, it's blue. No clue what that's about, but I'm guessing it's the weird promotion.

it's already been posted on UW. It's a blue version of their current throwback with bright yellow lettering.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Look at the other jerseys hanging back there. What is that green jersey with gold trim, and white jersey with green trim? It's not traditional Celtics trim. Hmmm...

Perhaps an old Sonics jersey?

Nope. I think those green w/ gold trim are the St. Pat's Day unis and those white w/ green trim I think was the one worn opening night vs. Cleveland to celebrate the Championship.

sry for the dbl...

updates to the fictionals (reversed the gradients):

asw_away2.png

ase_home2.png

that if the games would be held in the East. It looks better IMO.

anim_10b653c9-6201-4c84-31ec-36c-1.gif

incrediballer.png

LakeshowFight On!Carpe DiemNo Fear

not to mention they resemble the conference logo colors....

2995.gif

and

2996.gif

Good point. I like the idea of removing red altogether from the east jerseys. Seems like it was forced in years past.

However, I'd like to see a white east jersey and red west jersey sometime in the future. Since the switch to using an actual all-star jersey instead of having players wearing their team uniforms, it's always been the west in white and the east in blue with the exception of the retro uni's back in 2003 (atlanta all-star game).

It's because since the game in Atlanta, each All-Star game has been in the West making them the home team, hence the white.

kylekorversig1if2.png

Archived