A New Orange Bowl/Dophins Stadium?

NoHoJoe

I know it has been a little more than six months since the old Orange Bowl ceased to exist. Now there is speculation that the Dolphins and the City of Miami are in talks about building a new 90,000 seat stadium with a retractable roof. I t would be called the New Orange Bowl. Comments are welcome!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

I know it has been a little more than six months since the old Orange Bowl ceased to exist. Now there is speculation that the Dolphins and the City of Miami are in talks about building a new 90,000 seat stadium with a retractable roof. I t would be called the New Orange Bowl. Comments are welcome!

No offense, but isn't that kind of the point of a sports forum?

BB52Big.jpg

1-Do you have a link? I did not even see this on fieldofschemes.com. Provide it please.

2-The Marlins park has not even really taken off due to the issue with floating bonds. The renovations for the Citrus Bowl have been postponed and the economic crisis has hit municipalities hardest. The Marlins project has been pushed back another year until 2012, as of Thanksgiving. The amount of construction projects (non-sport) which have stopped in Miami and the rest of Florida is amazing, if not embarrassing.

MLB.com Reports that Lawsuits Will Prevent New Marlins Ballpark until 2012

3-And I also remember the plan to place a retractable roof over the Cotton Bowl before the Cowboys received a deal with Arlington.

4-The football population is not in Miami-Dade, it is in Broward County.

1-Do you have a link? I did not even see this on fieldofschemes.com. Provide it please.

2-The Marlins park has not even really taken off due to the issue with floating bonds. The renovations for the Citrus Bowl have been postponed and the economic crisis has hit municipalities hardest. The Marlins project has been pushed back another year until 2012, as of Thanksgiving. The amount of construction projects (non-sport) which have stopped in Miami and the rest of Florida is amazing, if not embarrassing.

3-And I also remember the plan to place a retractable roof over the Cotton Bowl before the Cowboys received a deal with Arlington.

Wow. I can't believe you just went to all that trouble calling out NoHoJoe. You do realize that he starts threads all the time only to never be heard from again in the thread he started right?

BB52Big.jpg

Wow. I can't believe you just went to all that trouble calling out NoHoJoe. You do realize that he starts threads all the time only to never be heard from again in the thread he started right?

Calling out others in not really the point, Tank knows that.

There are members who even fail to use Google to look up news or other items in regards to sport. Fieldofschemes is bookmarked on my desktop and go there weekly. No big deal. I make errors in regard to movies and their colorization, so I accept it (see thread on "Greatest Game Ever Played"). The other forum I visit, FlyerTalk, is much tougher on the BS in regards to posting. On the other hand I did spend 5 minutes this morning trying to find the rants of "wdm1219inpenna" as I was sure that I was not hungover or was experiencing deja vu.

Calling out others in not really the point, Tank knows that.

There are members who even fail to use Google to look up news or other items in regards to sport. Fieldofschemes is bookmarked on my desktop and go there weekly. No big deal. I make errors in regard to movies and their colorization, so I accept it (see thread on "Greatest Game Ever Played"). The other forum I visit, FlyerTalk, is much tougher on the BS in regards to posting. On the other hand I did spend 5 minutes this morning trying to find the rants of "wdm1219inpenna" as I was sure that I was not hungover or was experiencing deja vu.

Yeah, I get all that. But, this is a NoHoJoe thread. That's exactly the same thing as saying "this is a pointless thread." No point in wasting your effort was what I was getting at. That aside, if keeping people honest in an internet forum is your thing then more power to you. Who am I to question how people expend their energy? :D

BB52Big.jpg

1) There is no land in the city (there is barely enough for a baseball stadium)

2) There is no money

3) Dolphin Stadium is in the middle of a $200 million renovation

4) The Dolphins cannot sell 90k a weekend on a consistent basis

5) There is no land in the city

6) There is no money

7) There is no land in the city

8) There is no money

1997 | 2003

2) There is no money

6) There is no money

8) There is no money

I wonder if there is any land in the city or money?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

2) There is no money

6) There is no money

8) There is no money

I heard there may be land in the city, but that there's no money...

nav-logo.png

2) There is no money

6) There is no money

8) There is no money

That's odd. I heard just the opposite. I heard there was plenty of money but no land. Someone needs to get to the bottom of this.

Oh, and has anyone noticed that NoHoJoe is nowhere to be found in this thread? He has over 1400 posts and I'd be willing to bet that 1250 of them are simply threads that he started.

BB52Big.jpg

2) There is no money

6) There is no money

8) There is no money

Oh, and has anyone noticed that NoHoJoe is nowhere to be found in this thread? He has over 1400 posts and I'd be willing to bet that 1250 of them are simply threads that he started.

Hmmm, wonder who has the highest % of threads started to total # posts in all of the forum.

Where's his youtube link to this? I thought that was his sole purpose for being, to post useless youtube links?

Whoops. Answered myself. This would be an occasion where a youtube link actually would NOT be useless. Nevermind, then.

Furthermore, where is his poorly written Orange Bowl/Dolphin Stadium goodbye trivia?

VmWIn6B.png

Hmmm, wonder who has the highest % of threads started to total # posts in all of the forum.

I was curious so I did the math. Of all users with at least 500 posts NoHoJoe has the lowest percentage of replies to total posts. It's the opposite direction of what you were asking for but the same result. 405 topics started and 1017 replies for 1422 total posts.

For those curious, powersurge has the highest percentage of replies to total posts, having made 2317 posts while only starting one topic.

I was curious so I did the math. Of all users with at least 500 posts NoHoJoe has the lowest percentage of replies to total posts. It's the opposite direction of what you were asking for but the same result. 405 topics started and 1017 replies for 1422 total posts.

For those curious, powersurge has the highest percentage of replies to total posts, having made 2317 posts while only starting one topic.

Wow, I wasn't that far off. Not bad for talking out my ass and grossly exaggerating. I think I'll move along now before Yzer does my stats. :D

BB52Big.jpg

I haven't heard anything in regards to a new Dolphins' stadium, probably because there are no plans to build one. They are almost done with the hundreds of millions in renovations to Dolphin Stadium(done for Super Bowls XLI and XLIV), and the Marlins are moving to their own stadium soon. I've been all over that stadium recently, including down in the inner depths, and there is no reason to build a new one. It's holding up fine.

Archived