NFL Playoffs

Cujo

Gotta root for the Cardinals.

1.) Hate the Eagles

2.) Hate the Ravens

3.) For a team with a history of losing like the Cardinals, you can't help but feel good about a team like this. They're the NFL's Cubs

Except they are the laughing stock instead of the lovable losers

ok... so they are the NFL's Maple Leafs

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.) Hate the Eagles

2.) Hate the Ravens

3.) For a team with a history of losing like the Cardinals, you can't help but feel good about a team like this. They're the NFL's Cubs

I think the NFL's Clippers might be a better analogy; laughing stock, historically cheap owner, nobody cares about them enough to hate them, and the play second fiddle in the market to another team in their conference (Dallas).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So I really like the Cardinals, they use to be my second favorite team.

But boy I would love to see a Philly vs. Pitt game. That would be cool for Pennsylvania hah.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

1.) Hate the Eagles

2.) Hate the Ravens

I think the NFL's Clippers might be a better analogy; laughing stock, historically cheap owner, nobody cares about them enough to hate them, and the play second fiddle in the market to another team in their conference (Dallas).

The last one is becoming very very dim these days, ever since the NFL went to 8 divisions and with Arizona and Dallas being split from the NFC East. There has been more Cardinals converters from the Dallas Paddy Wagon. True there are still the Cowboy and Raider fanatics, but this city has literally become a Cardinal territory

I remain a McNabb fan, and will continue to pull for the Eagles to get the big game. I'm not intimidated by the Cardinals, and I can't help but feeling they past the harder test against the Giants.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

No hate from me. I am rooting for The Ravens against The Steelers. It's just that I would like to see either Philly or Arizona win since they've never won a Super Bowl. As long as it's not The Steelers, I don't really care. I don't hate The Ravens. I'm a little miffed that the franchise couldn't do here what it's done in Baltimore but that's hardly the team's fault.

As you said, that was a long time ago. I'm over it. Go Ravens.

Yea, I kinda regret saying that (just because I was afraid it might get this thread way off topic). The only reason it really bothers me is that I feel alot of Cleveland fans make the Baltimore fans out to be the bad guys. When we know exactly how you guys felt. It was a shame we had to get a relocated team instead of an expansion team, but that appeared to be the only way to bring football back to Baltimore. In a way I hope Browns fans can one day find success much like the Ravens have in Baltimore (although its hard to truly root for you guys since we are in the same division).

To be clear and to momentarily veer off-topic, Browns fans have no animosity whatsoever against Baltimore sports fans. The hatred of the Ravens has absolutely nothing to do with you, and everything to do with that scum swilling reprobate who's death date will be celebrated annually in my home once it actually happens with singing, dancing, presents and the telling of stories: Art "Ass hole" Modell. Until he's dead and gone, the hatred will be there, whether he's still in control of the team or not.

nav-logo.png

I remain a McNabb fan, and will continue to pull for the Eagles to get the big game. I'm not intimidated by the Cardinals, and I can't help but feeling they past the harder test against the Giants.

Dude. Seriously? From you?

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

1.) Hate the Eagles

2.) Hate the Ravens

No, that would be The Browns. The Cardinals are The NFL's version of...well...The Cardinals.

BB52Big.jpg

1.) Hate the Eagles

2.) Hate the Ravens

The last one is becoming very very dim these days, ever since the NFL went to 8 divisions and with Arizona and Dallas being split from the NFC East. There has been more Cardinals converters from the Dallas Paddy Wagon. True there are still the Cowboy and Raider fanatics, but this city has literally become a Cardinal territory

Idk, when the Cowboys played the Cardinals in UoP last time, that crowd looked 50/50.

But I will say that this playoff run has probably gotten them back control of their Arizona fanbase...until they go back to normal. :P

1.) Hate the Eagles

2.) Hate the Ravens

Idk, when the Cowboys played the Cardinals in UoP last time, that crowd looked 50/50.

But I will say that this playoff run has probably gotten them back control of their Arizona fanbase...until they go back to normal. :P

I was at the game this year and it was about 70/30, more Cardinal fans than there were Cowboy fans, but after the game was over, there were a few that have converted to Cardinals. There are rabid Cowboys fans here and always will be here, but this has become a city of Red

Dude. Seriously? From you?

Ugh. Embarrassing. That's what I get for using terrible cliches.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Raven.jpg

Quoth the Ravens... nevermore.

Ravens have black feet dude. That looks like the remains of a buzzard or something. And that mountain range look like it belongs out west. I-75 to Tampa doesn't go that way. But I get your meaning... :D

BB52Big.jpg

1.) Hate the Eagles

2.) Hate the Ravens

Agreed. The Vikings are the NFL's Cubs.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Consistently a playoff-caliber club that consistently chokes in the playoffs or in the final week(s) of the season.

Quick edit: Although I'm not sure if the Vikings are "lovable" in the same sense as the Cubs are. In fact, I can't think of any team that is lovable by the general fan base because they've suffered so much. The Saints maybe?

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Consistently a playoff-caliber club that consistently chokes in the playoffs or in the final week(s) of the season.

Quick edit: Although I'm not sure if the Vikings are "lovable" in the same sense as the Cubs are. In fact, I can't think of any team that is lovable by the general fan base because they've suffered so much. The Saints maybe?

If there even is an NFL equivalent to The Cubs I'd say it's maybe the Saints. I just don't think there really is any NFL team that's comparable to The Cubs. I'd say The Vikings are more like The Texas Rangers. They are decent once in a while but no one outside their immediate fan base gives a :censored: about them.

BB52Big.jpg

eagles1948.jpg

1948 Cardinals vs. Eagles for the NFL Championship in a snow storm at Shibe Park (Connie Mack Stadium) in Philadelphia.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived